Utah

Utah lawmaker resigning due to fundraising ban during legislative session

Comments

• stevo123 slc, ut
    Dec. 17, 2011 5:42 p.m.

It will be a step up for the legislature when Carl Wimmer resigns. There are much better options in the new fourth district.

• UTAH Bill Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 18, 2011 5:37 a.m.

This proves it really is all about the money.

• Disgruntled Nephi, UT
    Dec. 18, 2011 12:28 p.m.

Since my last comment was denied, let me re-phrase it. So sorry to see this great man leave office. NOT!

• Really??? Kearns, UT
    Dec. 18, 2011 6:26 p.m.

Do they really believe they will be elected to another office because they left another elected job to raise money? Seriously?

• alternate Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 18, 2011 7:58 p.m.

I am glad that he is stepping down. I have never liked him since he led the attack on IHC and the Credit Unions. He has also been very hurtful to State Employees by taking away benefits but not raising the pay levels. Historically State employees received less pay but they enjoyed better benefits. Mr Clark broke all that by stripping benefits and not raising pay. It gets worse. For the past two years, while the benefit reductions were going on, no pay raises were given either. That moved State employees further down the totem pole of wage earners.

Waiting to see if the hill people honor the Governor's proposed 1 percent pay increase for State workers. A small pittance after the Clark led attacks. Maybe with Clark gone the State employess will have a decent shot at their tiny widow's mite increase.

I hope I end up in his district so I can vote against his election.

• VIDAR Murray, UT
    Dec. 19, 2011 3:47 p.m.

So eleven months of fund raising is not enough?
    I would think the free gifts, while in session,would keep him satiated.
    If the Anti-Gramma Law was not repealed, no one would no any different, when the contributions were made.