BYU vs. USU: report card

Comments

• HawaiianAggie Roosevelt, Utah
    Nov. 11, 2011 9:37 p.m.

Don't you mean USU vs. BYU for the article title? The game wasn't played in Provo. Go Aggies!

• Samwise Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 11, 2011 9:54 p.m.

I miss Jimmer and Emery. Especially Jimmer.

• Bleed Crimson Sandy, Utah
    Nov. 11, 2011 10:01 p.m.

@ HawaiianAggie

The headline has it right. The home team is always mentioned second and the away team is mentioned first.

BYU (Away) vs USU (Home)

• WA-Aggie Kent, WA
    Nov. 11, 2011 10:43 p.m.

And the grades for USU? I thought articles liek this graded both teams. headline should be BYU grades for LOSING to USU.

• onewhoknows Providence, UT
    Nov. 12, 2011 1:10 a.m.

The Desnews "reporting" for USU is pathetic.

• COUGARNATE Lyman, WY
    Nov. 12, 2011 7:48 a.m.

One bad drought hurt the Y. USU is tough to beat at home. BYU has a lot of inexperienced players, and they ran into a very good experienced USU team. I think when Carlino can play the Cougars will be alright. No shame in losing to USU in Logan. Go Cougs.

• Aggieblueblood EAGLE MOUNTAIN, UT
    Nov. 12, 2011 8:47 a.m.

I think they missed graded the whole team... I think the grade should have been a big "L" for losing team

• Aggie253 Logan, UT
    Nov. 12, 2011 9:46 a.m.

Cougarnate, that was NOT an experienced USU team. A grand total of three of the Aggie players you saw had played in a D-1 basketball game before last night, and only one of those is a returning starter (Pane). If USU's team would have been experienced, BYU would have lost by 20+. Our sloppy, inexperienced play kept them in the game, but our guys showed why Stew recruited them in the end. Great game to watch though, from a fan perspective. Hard fought on both sides. BYU will have a good season, and we Aggies wish them the best.

I'm excited to watch this Aggie team over the next couple of years as they mature. Hands down the best class of athletic ball players I've ever seen at USU. They are going to be really scary when they get into the system more. This team is much better built for the Big Dance, and could easily make a Sweet 16 or better run in a year or two.

• Bluewombat8 Cedar Hills, UT
    Nov. 12, 2011 11:43 a.m.

USU won the game but I thought that officiating was some of the worst I've seen in a long time. BYU got called for touch foul after touch foul. While USU was able to get away with quite a bit. The charging fouls that were called were for the most part ridiculous.

• Uncle Rico Provo, UT
    Nov. 12, 2011 12:50 p.m.

Re:Bluewombat8

BYU has never lost. Everytime the other team scores more points it is always the refs fault.

The team has to take responsibility, they lost.

• Basketballogy Orem, UT
    Nov. 12, 2011 1:31 p.m.

I used to like the USU Aggies, but the vulgar t-shirts and signs in the crowd were just embarrassing.

If this is where college basketball is headed, then PLEASE bring back the NBA.

As for USU's actual team, however, they played great defense, and made nothing easy for BYU. I especially liked their perimeter defense. BYU shot 21% from the arc, launching too many were contested prayers that weren't getting answered.

I sure get tired of flopping and moving screens though.

I wish college and NBA basketball would change their rules to be more like FIBA. In international basketball, FLOPPING is a technical foul.

BYU just needs to rebound better, take care of the ball, and get honest refs on the floor, and they'll be fine.

• Utah_State_Fan Logan, Utah
    Nov. 12, 2011 8:44 p.m.

@Basketballogy

Sometimes I get embarrased by BYU's players. Their off the court actions and stuff......