Utah

Huntsman Cancer Institute's latest expansion is evidence of hope that a cure will be found

Comments

• skitarghee Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Oct. 26, 2011 8:30 p.m.

I met Jon Huntsman on a flight in the late 70's and was impressed by his story as I sat next to him. His charitable actions speak volumes of the man's character. We who live in near this wonderful facility should be more grateful for his life-saving vision and contributions. May God bless his efforts.

• FightingRED Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 26, 2011 11:36 p.m.

I'm so very grateful for the Huntsman's and their commitment to eradicating cancer. It's such a wonderful thing to have this marvelous facility and the expertise found there to help people in the fight.

• DR Hall Clearfield, UT
    Oct. 27, 2011 1:54 a.m.

Just think of how much more good Huntsman Jr. or Romney could do by investing their extra money being wasted on politics into some quality charitable organization. This Huntsman research center seems like a decent place to help with. But most wealthy people are only interested in buying their influence to gain more contracts.

• peter Alpine, UT
    Oct. 27, 2011 7:04 a.m.

Huntsman is a true humanitarian, benefiting the needy and deserving of our highest respect in his efforts to fight cancer. Studies are also showing that people can take simple steps in preventing the onset of many types of cancers, an effort that takes some knowledge and discipline. Both care and prevention are worthy of our efforts in this fight against cancer.

• Dutchman Murray, UT
    Oct. 27, 2011 8:49 a.m.

Dr Hall,

I hope you are sending your message to Barack Obama. He has raised more campaign money this year than all the Republican candidates combined. And how do you know how much money Romney and others donate to charitable causes?

• Rob Logan, UT
    Oct. 27, 2011 9:11 a.m.

How much good can Huntsman and Romney do if they do become President? I think they can do so much good. I'm sure they both contribute very much to charities.
    Huntsman Cancer Institute is a great place. I am so glad it is here in Utah.