Family

Groups with Mormon ties conquer hip-hop episode of 'The Sing-Off'

Comments

• J-TX Allen, TX
    Oct. 26, 2011 10:11 a.m.

OK, I love both these groups, but neither of them "conquered". Who writes your headlines? More like they "survived". Other than the two bottom groups that had to sing for their lives, these were the weakest offerings. Hip Hop is definitely outside their zone. But did you hear Pentatonix? Awesome!!!!

• Eddie Syracuse, UT
    Oct. 26, 2011 3:06 p.m.

It was not the best night for Vocal Point, but in weeks past they were clearly the best in my humble opinion. I think they just had a bad week due to the circumstances. I hope they come back next week and really do well, they have all to tools to go all the way.

• Igualmente Mesa, AZ
    Oct. 26, 2011 3:25 p.m.

Pentatonix was awesome. I like the guy groups, so I'm liking all three--Yellowjackets, Dartmouth Aires, and Vocal Point. My outside guess for champion is Dartmouth Aires.

• Brother Dave Livermore, CA
    Oct. 26, 2011 6:10 p.m.

Have to agree with J-TX. They survived, but not as "polished". They even got comments from the judges that wasn't as positive, as were previous weeks.

Wishing Vocal Point and Delilah the best of Luck!!

God Bless!!

• CougarBlue Heber City, UT
    Oct. 26, 2011 8:32 p.m.

I watched the show and both of them were not among the top two in their grouping so I am not sure who wrote the Headline, but it is obvious they did not watch the show.

• kiaoraguy Provo, UT
    Oct. 26, 2011 10:20 p.m.

give them something besides hip hop

• michaelm Waukesha, WI
    Oct. 26, 2011 10:42 p.m.

We love this show, my whole family watches wherever we are. We conference call in our kids on Skype every Sunday night who live all over and the Sing Off is always one of the topics that comes up, we simply love it.

As singers with musical backgrounds (albeit nowhere near this level of talent) we have a personal appreciation for all these talented groups and we are excited to see programing like this on TV and getting more popular.

Unlike other shows like American Idle or X Factor they never focus on making fun of bad performers or waste time dragging out embarrassing, rude or angry auditions.

Instead the Sing Off producers focus on the talent and are not afraid to get technical when offering musical advice. It focuses on the positive, the uplifting, the hard work, and the talent. It's a worthwhile show to watch with your family thats safe, tasteful and fun, something thats often hard to find on today's TV programming.

• jimrochester ELKO, NV
    Oct. 27, 2011 7:03 a.m.

I did not think it was a good night for any of the groups , it was the first night that I really did not enjoy the show . I just did not think that hip hop genre really fits this type of singing . I think Vocal point and UofR Yellow Jackets are the top two . I really never have liked the Dehlias