BYU roundup: Redskins QB John Beck still not household face in D.C.

Comments

• Hawkyo SYRACUSE, UT
    July 28, 2011 1:52 p.m.

Makes me wonder about the hiring practices of the Redskins if their security don't even know who's on the team.
    I hope Beck lights it up there in DC. This will be an even greater story if Beck does well. Imagine a security guard denying entry to a future star of the team. GO get em Beck!

• JohnJacobJingleHeimerSchmidt Beverly Hills, CA
    July 28, 2011 1:53 p.m.

All they need to know is that he cries after losing.

• Ms Molli Bountiful, Utah
    July 28, 2011 2:14 p.m.

Well I've never heard of him either!

• Shooter_McGavin Las Vegas, NV
    July 28, 2011 2:27 p.m.

I guess not being recognized is better that being recognized and mocked for being a terrible QB (ala Alex Smith).

• giantfan Farmington, UT
    July 28, 2011 2:32 p.m.

Happened to Lincecum in San Francisco. 2 Cy Youngs and a World Series Championship later no one will make that same mistake again.

• Bitterman west jordan, ut
    July 28, 2011 3:34 p.m.

Recognizing beck was never a problem for ute fans. Recognizing a tight end who is wide open in the endzone with no time left seemed to cause significantly more difficulty.

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    July 28, 2011 4:38 p.m.

I will turn a cold shoulder on my Dallas Cowboys and become a Redskins fan if Beck is the starter. He is a class act and has the potential to be a solid QB in the NFL. People in DC may not know him, but people who follow BYU football certainly do.

• gizmo33 St. George, Utah
    July 28, 2011 5:15 p.m.

I dont watch the Redskins play so I really dont care who their QB is

• In Stitches Provo, Utah
    July 28, 2011 6:22 p.m.

Ms Molli | 2:14 p.m. July 28, 2011
    Bountiful, Utah

Interesting ... It never occurred to me to brag about being ignorant. To each their own....

• B Logan, UT
    July 28, 2011 6:37 p.m.

@Ms Molli

Oh, he was the one who, with no time left on the clock, stayed calm and ran around and then made an unreal throw across his body and found Johnny Harline in the endzone to win the game against Utah. Does that help? Do you remember now?

• 1984 for life Salt Lake City, UT
    July 28, 2011 7:35 p.m.

Good luck to John Beck. It is always good to see when hard work and persistance pay off.

• Teddy Bear Las Vegas, NV
    July 28, 2011 9:51 p.m.

Even if he pans out, the guy is thirty and *might* have 4-5 years of play time left. Better than nothing I guess. Hope he proves the doubters wrong.

• bigutefan Las Vegas, NV
    July 29, 2011 12:30 a.m.

Hurry, let's get Beck on the one and only KBYU truck, that will bring vital exposure.

• Monk Pleasant Grove, UT
    July 29, 2011 9:15 a.m.

Beck was heard to have said through tears, "I hate it when they don't recognize me!! It ruins my weekend!!"

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    July 29, 2011 9:49 a.m.

If only bYuTV would show Beck on its airwaves, then everyone in the world woud be celebrating the awesomeness know as beck.

• Striker Omaha, NE
    July 29, 2011 11:59 a.m.

They just need to hear a few words: "Caught for the touchdown!" repeated over and over.

• philaD Clifton Heights, PA
    July 29, 2011 1:01 p.m.

I'm a huge BYU fan, but why should anyone in DC recognize him at this point, the security guard sure, but I'm not shocked he isn't a household name? He hasn't done anything there yet except ride the bench.

Here's hoping that all changes.

• BluCoug Provo, UT
    July 30, 2011 9:37 a.m.

"All they need to know is that he cries after losing."

Just like Whitt did after losing to Beck in 2006 at RES...