Case involves deaths of 2 Layton girls
I hope they get the maximum. You cannot be careless or casual when dealing with
these toxic agents. Time spent reviewing the correct application amounts and
procedures would have spared the lives of these precious little girls. Wilson's callous attitude that "life must go on" really bothers me.
Life does go on, but to shrug it off as "oh well, things happen" is
so disrespectful. Just because Nocks feels bad, doesn't excuse his
irresponsible behavior and his responsibility in the deaths of these children.
The maximum penalty will send a loud and clear message to others in
the pest control industry that there is zero tolerance for this type of
From the article "He's very worn down," Steele said.
"It's going to be an exhausting process. He's doing OK right now. There are
two children dead and the allegations are that he had a hand in causing
that." Trying to minimize his responsibility by saying that he
is "alleged" to have had "a hand in causing" their deaths is
so offensive. Is he trying to suggest that someone else may shoulder some of
the blame? Why not say it like it is. There are two children dead and the
allegations are that he is responsible. The weather, the parents, the emergency
responders have zero responsibility, regardless if carbon monoxide sensors were
sounding. I'm sure it's been a tough year for him, but it pales in
comparison to the year that Toone's have had to endure. His attorney needs to
keep his mouth shut.
I have failed to follow instructions myself at times. If the instructions merely
state "don't do this, do this" then they are partly at fault. Those
instructions ought to state "DANGER! don't do this, or this may
happen".Granted this isn't typically done in a professional
setting, however given the risk, the "box" ought to be stepped out of.
A pest control tech ought to know he is dealing with very dangerous and highly
toxic materials. If he isn't smart enough to figure that out without the words
DANGER being attached to the instructions, he ought to find another
profession.The instructions aren't at fault, it's the human being
using the product incorrectly is fully at fault. This attitude is why we have
such a sue happy society. Let's blame somebody else for our stupidity. I've
read instructions for strollers telling parents to remove child before folding
up the stroller. I've seen instructions on blow dryers saying not to use while
asleep. True story. Some idiot probably hurt their child or slept with the blow
dryer on and then sued, so the companies have to cover their backs.
What ever happened to common sense? Manufacturers can't possible imagine every
single stupid scenario that could occur. People need to take more personal
responsibility when they fail to read or follow the instructions or just plain
do something incredibly stupid.
I thought the first allegations claimed that the pesticide was over applied by
extreme amounts. I guess the news reported that falsely. The family was
cleared back into the home also, last chance doctrine you can not blame the
$200,000 fine seems like a slap on the wrist after all the Toone family has gone
through. Utah laws are too lenient.
What going on here "AGAIN"? Why are mongrel attorneys let to take
cases like this and drag them out for their own profit? Everyone knows a mistake
was made and it resulted in 2 deaths, now these thieving attorneys want to drag
out responsibility? Just convict, fine, incarcenate and get this story over with
for the sake of the family involved and taxpayers please!