Family

Steve Eaton: Brian Regan talks about fame, pig heads and scary men walking on stage

Comments

• metamoracoug metamora, IL
    Feb. 16, 2011 1:28 p.m.

The big yellow one's the sun . . .

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    Feb. 16, 2011 2:49 p.m.

The #1 standup comedian in the country. I wish the fact that his act is clean wasn't lost on other comedians who are trying to make a living out of it.

• Mountain Bird West Jordan, UT
    Feb. 16, 2011 3:43 p.m.

Take luck!

• bslack Draper, UT
    Feb. 16, 2011 3:59 p.m.

Best comedian show I have been too. My 11 year-old daughter and I are always finding life experiences where we quote one of Regan's lines. The one mentioned above about "The big yellow one's the sun" or "this is favorite, but this other is more favorite". I had a load of people in my Explorer and those in the back seat started clicking their seat belts, I started screaming as I drove away and everyone freaked out. Good stuff!

• Orem Parent Orem, UT
    Feb. 16, 2011 3:59 p.m.

I gotta cup of dirt.

• Zoniezoobie Mesa, AZ
    Feb. 16, 2011 4:13 p.m.

boxen..

• Wade O. Spanish Fork, UT
    Feb. 16, 2011 4:17 p.m.

Great article, Steve!

• kiaoraguy Provo, UT
    Feb. 16, 2011 4:19 p.m.

Brian and Sinbad almost always bring me to tears- never worry about my kids listening either

• Shawnm750 Lehi, UT
    Feb. 16, 2011 4:25 p.m.

"This machine here works your flactoids."

"That's the toid I'm workin' on..."

I think it's great the Brian's acts are so clean. There are so many comedians that think they have to be 'edgy' to be funny, that there is no creativity to their material. I've been to a few of Brian's shows, and they are hilarious!

• katamb Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Feb. 16, 2011 4:40 p.m.

He's the best! I always catch his shows on Comedy Central and hope to see him live soon.

• He-Man Bountiful, UT
    Feb. 16, 2011 6:34 p.m.

I like clean comedy but I like it to be funny. Brian Reagan is not very funny. He is no Bob Sagget who has to be the most unfunny comedian of all time but he is not funny either. I get bored and a headache listening to him.
    Sinbad is clean and funny. Bill Cosby is mostly clean and hilarious.
    There used to be great movie comedies with Eddie Murphy,Bill Murray,Richard Pryor,and others but comedies are stupid 99% of the time now.
    All great sitcoms are dead. What ever happened to great sitcoms like Taxi,The Jeffersons,All In the Family,and WKRP In Cincinatti?
    Comedy has really lost its flavor.

• Jonathan Eddy Payson, UT
    Feb. 16, 2011 7:00 p.m.

All the people I know that say Brian Regan is not funny have one thing in common; no sense of humor.

• RockOn Spanish Fork, UT
    Feb. 16, 2011 7:43 p.m.

He is funny. Millions agree. I don't care if someone doesn't think so because it doesn't matter. Enjoy what you like. Most pathetic are the comedians who drop an f bomb and everyone laughs. What's funny? I could make a recording of the "forbidden" words and idiots would laugh.

One other point is why do we clap when its a good joke? Isn't laughter the whole point? Maybe at the end of a set, clap, but after a joke, laugh.

• BleedCougarBlue Enid, OK
    Feb. 16, 2011 8:37 p.m.

My kids love this guy!

Very clean, and funny, humor. I'm all for that!Reminds of a young Bill Cosby. I'm all for that, too.

• srh83 Hillsboro, OR
    Feb. 16, 2011 8:44 p.m.

"Have you ever watched fishing on tv for like 15 minutes and said to yourself, 'boy, I gotta get a life, I'm watching fishing on tv. I'm not even fishing, I'm watching fishing, I'm too lazy to go fishing!'"

"Racquetball is the only sport where you can be simultaneously staring at the ball and it will hit you in the back of the head going 90 miles per hour"

BEST COMEDIAN EVER!!! I'll be at the show in Logan on Saturday.

• AZnewser Snowflake, AZ
    Feb. 16, 2011 9:55 p.m.

"K-A-T... ha! I knew it had two Ts."

• Big_Ben Centerville, UT
    Feb. 17, 2011 8:58 a.m.

@He-Man

WKRP in Cinncinnati? You have to be kidding me........................

How on planet earth can you compare WKRP in Cinncinnati to Taxi?

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Feb. 17, 2011 9:05 a.m.

my kids all love Regans stuff. He is really funny and he does it without all the dirt that is so common with other comedy guys.

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Feb. 17, 2011 10:28 a.m.

The best comic around.
    Say 8 say 8!!

• Two Cents Springville, Utah
    Feb. 17, 2011 11:15 a.m.

"I thought we'd talk about fluffy zoo animals...

I walked on the MOON...

Maybe I should get a puppy...

Really, if you think about it..."

BR is a great talent. We enjoyed his show at the U a few years ago. Nice to hear he is not full of himself. Maybe he knows deep down that if he gets too full of himself, his wife will make him ride in the back seat in the middle on the hump.

• BAS Draper, UT
    Feb. 17, 2011 11:22 a.m.

"Hey Golfer, Golfer"

"Hey Lawyer, Lawyer"

• ciaobello Concord, CA
    Feb. 17, 2011 11:37 a.m.

Our son paid for Netflix so his dad could laugh and maybe feel better. That's how I got acquainted with Regan.

• The Rabbit (in Spanish) Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 17, 2011 2:24 p.m.

Brian Regan is great. My wife took me to his show a couple of years ago and I didn't know who is was. I haven't laughed so hard in years! The great thing was I could go home and tell all my family and friends the jokes too afterward!

• terra nova Park City, UT
    Feb. 17, 2011 4:52 p.m.

Had six months to work on it. Head comes off the pillow. Oh, no!

Just give me the "F" and move along.

The yellow one is the sun...
    Break'n some new ground there Copernicus.

Kids that couldn't tie their own shoe have semi-trucks backing in their science projects..

This guy is funny...

• MetricWrench Rock Springs, WY
    Feb. 17, 2011 9:37 p.m.

"Okay, you go in, tell 'em yer shot!"

• Utes21 Salt Lake City, ut
    Feb. 18, 2011 2:26 p.m.

He is one funny guy! Wish that he wasnt so popular here, because the tickets to his show always get sold out.