Utah Jazz: Deron Williams leads Utah to win in Dallas

Sore wrist doesn't slow Williams down at all in The Big D

Comments

• MPetrie
    Jan. 9, 2010 7:00 p.m.

Way to go, Deron. Glad to see you not allowing your injury to keep you on the bench for long. Hope you continue to heal but we do need your talent on the floor. If Kobe can play with a fractured finger on his shooting hand, you can play with a sore wrist. Even if you're not shooting much, we still need your brain on the floor to run the offense. You're smart to know what you can and cannot do. Good luck tonight! As of right now you're shooting 2 for 2. Good stuff!

• I'm CONFUSED
    Jan. 9, 2010 9:12 p.m.

Why can't they show this effort and play like this every night.

Just makes being a Jazz fan that more frustrating!

• one thing i have observed lately
    Jan. 9, 2010 9:27 p.m.

The Jazz seem to play better defense on the road than they do at home. Is this just a lack of focus problem when they are at home, or is it the fact that they think they can just go out and outscore teams?

• RE: I'm CONFUSED
    Jan. 9, 2010 9:29 p.m.

This is the most unpredictable team the Jazz has ever fielded. Who knows what they're going to do on any given night?

Am surprised that Deron was able to play that well with his injured wrist. Matthews also solid, Booz came on late, Korver was perfect. Memo was pooped, Miles ineffective, Jerry sat both in second half. No wonder the man can't find a permanent, stable combination.

• jazz..
    Jan. 9, 2010 9:32 p.m.

Today they showed they can be a champion team, another day they will show they are going into the lottery pick!!!!!

Anyway, good job tonight, as we always said: "keep it up" Though they never listened.

• Doug
    Jan. 9, 2010 9:33 p.m.

Where is the Jazz cop and other negative writers saying the Jazz do not have a good team, we need to play Fez more and Boozer has to go?

Great game guys as in enjoyable to see you do well. String a few of these together and it will be much more fun to read these columns.

• Michael
    Jan. 9, 2010 9:47 p.m.

I keep saying this in most of my posts, but the Jazz are playing much better defense this year then last season (even in games where they lose like against Memphis the night before). I think defense is the key. Offensively, before tonight they had struggled a bit, but long term I don't see scoring points being a problem. When the Jazz pass the ball around on offense and play unselfishly they play so much better.

The Heat have owned the Jazz though...they are a tough, physical team. The Jazz had better come looking to match there defensive intensity.

• james
    Jan. 9, 2010 9:53 p.m.

Saw the game, and Utah looked very impressive..DWill lead the team, the players hustled, hit shots

But..Dallas is a team that Utah plays very, very well..teams with penetrating guards, players who really attack the basket, and Utah's soft interior defense can beat make things very hard on the Jazz...very hard

• Wow!
    Jan. 9, 2010 9:56 p.m.

What an exciting game to watch! Just kept wondering when the Mavs would make their move. Jazz kept it going in the 4th quarter thanks in part to Korver who was rested in the lst half. Wow! Shots right on. What a beautiful sight. He has the smoothest shot going! Can't get any better than Korver tonight. Makes one wonder what Korver could have done had he played more! Williams gave his all and AK finally got some good minutes and showed why he needs to start. Keep it going Jazz!

• Who's the man?
    Jan. 9, 2010 9:57 p.m.

As Boozer says, move the ball around and good things happen. If one guy holds on too long bad things happen. Thank Goodness D Will listens! Go Jazz!

• todd from santa ana
    Jan. 9, 2010 10:04 p.m.

I will admit I am stunned. Never would have expected this based on history the last 2 years, especially a back to back on the road yet.

Last night, I did say, maybe that loss will bring the club together if they could show the same grit tonight.

Shocking. Dallas came off a huge win in Spur Land.

Jason Kidd being allowed to go 3-3 on "3s" in the first quarter worrisome, but luckily the Mavs went away from that.

Matthews and Korver, Kirilenko, Millsap all pretty good off the bench. I was not able to see much of the game, but Korver is getting his stroke back and it is opening nore things up. Brewer, Millsap among others seemed to have theyr'e way in the paint.

Ok CIty won as expected, so this was critical to stay tied for 8th.

Korver and Matthews need to continue and take the minutes from CJ at this point.

I am glad Kyle has come on, because when he hits the outside jumpersm things open up and do not need Boozer to score 20 plus. He struggled a lot tonight and we won, so good sign...

• Sundy Gaines
    Jan. 9, 2010 10:08 p.m.

Is Sundiata Gaines a legit PG ? haven't seen him play. What are the odds that he will stick with the Jazz after the 10-day contract expires ?
    Sundiata? interesting name. origin?

• Fan Forever
    Jan. 9, 2010 10:12 p.m.

Like all of you, I too am excited about this win. However, I will wait to see what they do from here before I get the parade started. One good game does not make the season a success. There is a lot of basketball left and they have to have more games like tonight to give me something to really get excited about. Having said that, win or loose, I will always be a Jazz fan!!!!! Remember, if it wasn't for sports, there would be "No next year"!

• jazz93
    Jan. 9, 2010 10:16 p.m.

Good things happen when dwill doesn't turn the ball over more than 5 times...tonight he looked like an all star, moved the ball quickly and took care of it. These are the only things need to improve on. However, Miles will always be Miles(still don't like him) and I will always cheer for Matthews, even when he has an off night(not tonight) cause he's a good player. Things didn't change, just dwill improved...

• Chuck Nunn
    Jan. 9, 2010 10:23 p.m.

Well, Doug, don't think we're not out here, and don't think one game changes the facts. I just happen to have a life away from basketball, but I'm here now. It was a good win tonight, no question, but the Mavericks are a team that likes to go small, so the usual small lineups Sloan goes with actually worked tonight. But against about 28 other teams in this league, we need Fesenko to be in there as Okur's backup.

It was great to see AK and Korver play as well as they did. When Andrei is active and gets a good amount of touches on the ball, he and the Jazz do well, so no surprise there.

Peace out from the Jazz Oracle!

• todd from santa ana
    Jan. 9, 2010 10:28 p.m.

I hate to say this but maybe DWIL resting for the last 2 games taking a break from the pressure of the losing anf negativity was the best thing.

He seemed rejuvenated. The ball moved and was not stagnant.

Doug, Boozer is better than Millsap. We know that. When I talk trade, I always mention Okur first. Far as Fes, I did not expect him to play much in this game. The Mavs shoot a lot of jumpers.

Still Fes needs to be in the rotation.

Further I am "CJ"D OUT"

Let us get "sloan and the sloanaholics" to put Matthews back in the starting lineup to set a defensive mindset. Wes is capable of offense just lacks consistency.

In closing, wishing all of you a good night. However, I can say, we have made "some road progress this season" we have only 7 wins but it is better, and some of those such as at SPurs, and tonight.

The problem is the home court.

Monday, we play a team I feel with average talent -Wade and Beasley and an overrated, average coach, who I rate "behind SLoan"

Traditionally, we struggle hard to beat them home or away

• todd to houdini
    Jan. 9, 2010 10:35 p.m.

I want you to still send the letter along with others to Greg. These are the moments why Greg gets away with the status quo. Do not be fooled. When they do this all the time (like the talent is capable of) we at worst should be a #4 seed with 1st round home court advantage, then the criticism will lessen.

I am not cynical. I am of course happy to win. It will mean nothing if we lay an egg to the Miami Heat.

They seem to intimidate us. We played scared against them.

They do not have Shaq. We need to go in theyr'e face and get a 10 point lead and not let up until the final buzzer ticks off.

• The Jazz Won
    Jan. 9, 2010 10:35 p.m.

and it's Sloan's fault.

• CL
    Jan. 9, 2010 10:36 p.m.

In regards to Gaines : The Jazz need 13 players on the roster, so if the like how he has played and how he practices they will probably keep him.
    So far I like what I see, he plays good D, pushes the ball up the floor, hit his shot tonight and it looked good (nervous and rushing first couple of games) scored like 23.9 in the D league, he can score. Looks strong, quick, & tough. Play maker and assist man yet to be determined. So far he looks pretty good.

• CL
    Jan. 9, 2010 10:38 p.m.

Re Chuck: Pretty much right on.

• Shows how important
    Jan. 9, 2010 10:44 p.m.

DWill is to this team...Glad he will play at less than 100%

• Nevada fan
    Jan. 9, 2010 10:48 p.m.

Wow great game! I got to tell ya I kept waiting 4 the melt down late into the last quarter, but it didn't happen. I am not complaining, but it sure looks like players are stepping it up either to save their jobs or just in case there is a trade. Again great game and the last 2 games great defense.
    Chuck: I agree that this game plan worked on the Mav's, but the Lakers they better come with some size.

• Doug
    Jan. 9, 2010 11:05 p.m.

Chuck when Korver plays good it is a joy to watch...sadly though he shoots a very poor percentage as in lower than Okur. He also loves to pass in pressure situations ie last night and in the Laker playoff series last year. We need people to step up and make the shots. He and Cj are really questionable. Hopefull both will be involved in a trade.

Todd in practice is the best place for Fes to be in a rotation. He has a big body and if he could be trusted to make NBA decisions he would play in the games more. Till he can make those decisions he is an NCCA level player in an NBA league...as in not quite ready yet.

Those who are ready get to play...sad to say some are ready to play but can't score regualarly ...sorry CJ.

This team continues to surprise me who they can beat.

• Calgary Jazz
    Jan. 9, 2010 11:14 p.m.

AK plays 30 min, gets best +/- ranking and Jazz win. When will Sloan figure it out - more minutes for AK on the floor = better chances to win.

• CL
    Jan. 9, 2010 11:37 p.m.

Re Doug: You make some good points but I still think Sloan can play Fes more than he does, so he can get experience and learn. The Jazz need his defensive presence and although he makes mistakes he still has a high +-. Sloan wants to win so bad he doesn't play young players enough, and he is negative with them when he does play them. If the Jazz are to improve and make a move up into the elite teams of the league, they need someone in the middle. Someone who can handle the big,tall,long players of LA,Boston,Orlando,Clev,. Booz, Okur, & Milsap can't handle them. We have the players necessary if Sloan will develope them.
    Your right CJ and Korver are questionalbe as the go to guys we need. Korver looks like he has been working hare on his shot but his athletism /defense is problematic, even though he makes up for it somewhat with smart play. CJ is the one I have been hoping would be the one to step up and be consistant and the scorer/go to guy DWill needs as a partner. So far that isn't working to well.

• rvalens2
    Jan. 9, 2010 11:47 p.m.

Let's give Korver his kudos. He played great tonight. To those looking to trade him, I'm not ready to give him up just yet.

He's played hurt for most of the time he's been with the Jazz. Unlike others, he just hasn't made a big deal of it. Now that it looks like he's healthy, I want to see what he can really do.

To Chuck Nunn, great comments all around. I too hope Fesenko starts to get more minutes. If the Jazz make the playoffs they are going to need his big body.

• CJ
    Jan. 9, 2010 11:47 p.m.

They finally played an uptempo run and gun offense instead of the slow down half court Sloan game that everyone in the league knows is quickly stopped by a zone defense. Trade Sloan, keep everyone else.

• Chico
    Jan. 9, 2010 11:51 p.m.

Dougy,

Hey How's Magna? Yes Douglas we did win with sloan and without Fess. Did you see the Memphis game where Fess came in while the Jazz erased a 19 point deficit in the first half?

Then in the second he didn't get in to shut down the paint and Randolf joined a long list of players to get a season high while sending us to an embarassing loss?

• What's to figure out?
    Jan. 9, 2010 11:58 p.m.

Calgary Jazz sez, "when will sloan figure it out. More minutes for AK on the floor = better chances to win."

Brilliant. Does it occur to CJazz that less minutes to AK are due to his not playing well, and not because Sloan hasn't got it figured out? When he plays well, he gets minutes.What's so hard about that?

Who did Sloan play hard a few years ago when all the big dogs were hurt or gone and who became an All-Star? AK. What did AK get? A fat contract. What did the Jazz get? A guy who plays gutsy one game and like a ghost the next.

The problem CJazz isn't that Sloan hasn't gotten it figured out, it is that he indeed does have it figured out--AK plays for AK most of the time.

• jazzman72
    Jan. 10, 2010 12:26 a.m.

Nice win against a good Mavs team. Chuck and CL, I agree with your comments about matchups. We got away with Loozer and Memo playing big minutes against the Mavs, but we need Fes against the Lakers and other elite teams. I agree with what you said about Sloan and young players CL. Sloan didn't give Deshawn Stevenson time to develop. Look what he did with D-Will his first season. He started Macleod and Palacio in front of Deron. Give me a break, Jerry!

• Doug Lug Nuts
    Jan. 10, 2010 1:09 a.m.

FES ROCKS!

• THEeyepatch
    Jan. 10, 2010 1:43 a.m.

Good to see Deron back... and look what happens, the Jazz win on the road against a division (southwest) leader no less. If only the Jazz could make a habit of it.

• jj
    Jan. 10, 2010 2:03 a.m.

AK should get more time. He really impacts the game in a winning way.
    He does everything and pass the ball better than anybody.

• Jazz Cop
    Jan. 10, 2010 4:13 a.m.

Ak has been good in mem and dal. I think he should be starting, no doubt. I don't think the jazz are such a good team that they can afford to have ak come off the bench. Him and millsap play well together, it was a good combo that sloan stuck with down the stretch.
    The player who needs to pick it up, dwill. He was great on offense, on defense, his rotations almost through the jazz into a defensive funk. At this time, he needs to pick it up because his defense looks lazy. I thought his rotations kind of threw brewer off, and it looked like the jazz were about to go into scramble mode, but we're lucky it stopped there. Honestly, i can't say dwill gave it his all on defense, I think everone else did, though, 4 out of 5 playing hustle ball is an improvement, it won't be enough down the stretch. It just takes one player to be lazy, and this team will crumble, we've seen it too many times, its too bad to see dwill taking it lightly on defense, with so much at stake?

• scodyshootfight (KC)
    Jan. 10, 2010 7:05 a.m.

This win does NOT change my opinion of the team. It just shows who they really are and who they've been for the last year or so. They play hard for a few games and get a couple of wins against quality teams, and then relax, get selfish, look for their own stats, and play with no heart.

That's what history tells us with this group of players. Check out the Boozer quote: "We need to get going,and play like this every night. ... That's what Coach (Sloan) just talked about: We need to bring this kind of intensity every night."

Really? Coach Sloan needs to TELL you to bring intnesity every night? That's why I haven't been able to stand the team. They can't motivate themselves to bring intensity every night. They usually need to get embarrassed in order to get motivated.

• scodyshootfight (KC)
    Jan. 10, 2010 7:09 a.m.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that their history makes it hard to get excited about this win, because you and I both know that after a few quality W's do come, they're going to slide back in to selfishness and mediocrity. I hope I'm wrong, but the history tells us that we need to brace ourselves.

• Minutes for AK
    Jan. 10, 2010 7:55 a.m.

I agree that Sloan has been wasting Kirilenko and, in my opinion, benches him more out of some personal vindictiveness than how well AK is playing.
    Kirilenko does do everything, and he regularly leads the Jazz in +/- rankings. Even when his shot is off, his defense is more than making up for it.
    Sloan has probably "figured it out" that AK gets us wins, but he plays him low minutes because Sloan is about Sloan. It is a disservice to us, the fans.

• I laugh at you..
    Jan. 10, 2010 8:21 a.m.

So called "fans" that wanted to see williams traded after the jazz beat memphis AT HOME. We sure didnt need williams last night wink wink..come on fans.I laugh at your stupidity.

• Houdini Re Fes
    Jan. 10, 2010 8:51 a.m.

Dampier played 29 minutes,2 points/13 boards,Fes should have been matched against him for at least 20 minutes.He`d learn more from playing against this vet than he will in 5 years of practice,who does he practice against? Koufos,Memo? Boozer would probably teach him the most around the basket,but he needs to play when we`re matched up against the big plodding centers and Dampier is the perfect example,Gasol(Marc) is another

• FINALLY!!
    Jan. 10, 2010 8:56 a.m.

...Deron stops walking the ball up the floor!!

...Deron starts the offense before 9 seconds left on the shot clock.

...Deron stops making careless bonehead passes.

Gets his team mates more involved.

What do you know?

A win!!!

I hope it sticks. Mabe he did learn something watching from the sidelines.

ANDREI KIRILENKO

When he gets 30 minutes he thrives and the team gets ALOT better. Less than 30 he doesn't and the TEAM SUFFERS.

Bench whoever you have to because there is nobody on the team that can do as many things as AK can when he gets his 30 minutes.

• Monty Montana
    Jan. 10, 2010 9:27 a.m.

I love it any time any team beats Dallas and Mark Cubin! More so when the Jazzz does it.

• Jazz Cop
    Jan. 10, 2010 9:40 a.m.

Re:scodyshootfight

Despite the fact that you make a good point and have history on your said. I do think that one reason you might be wrong is the jazz have improved their defense, and continued improvement (like dwill not being lazy?), means a different team.
    I agree, the jazz have played as you said; and I don't think it will take much laziness and before you know it, the jazz are a wreck again, we've seen it too many times. I think memo, booz, dwill, ak, brewer, miles, anyone getting alot of minutes can mess things up by not playing hustle ball and team ball. Then, you will be right.
    The fans aren't excited to see the jazz get into shootouts with teams, either. We'd rather watch the kind of games like last night, and the two previous games; see that the defensive effort is there and hope the offense comes around. But if the jazz are going to change their identity, they need to get hard, and it starts with d. You must agree, if they keep it up (like the last three games), they can fight out of their medicroity.

• Jazz Cop
    Jan. 10, 2010 10:01 a.m.

It seems everyone agrees that ak needs more minutes, so what's the argument for not starting him? As I've said, I think he needs to be out there with the starters, the jazz aren't so strong that they can afford to use ak the way they are. Especially when ak47 is playing like the last three games, he should be providing support for that first unit, which tends to go cold less often with him.

As i mentioned identity before, the jazz identity is they are soft, they stood around and thats what happens to teams that stand around. It's true for every team that has an identity that when they play within that concept they win. The jazz/sloan identity has always been they are a tough out, predicated on hustle play and defensive effort; lots of rebounds and second chance points. The last three games have been fun to watch, because this is our jazz team playing into their identity. I just want to leave with the point that I think teams have to work for their identities, they earn them, and they have to maintain them-otherwise, they become mediocre.

• Fedor
    Jan. 10, 2010 10:10 a.m.

This game prove what many of us already know....this is wildly inconsistent team who choose when to assert talent and when to hold back. Game like this make loss to Memphis, losses to Wolves and Kings at home twice as frustrate. I give Jazz credit, you must play hard and well to win at Mavs....but where is that same effort every game? CJ shot less than 50%, 2 Reb and no assists. Wes Matthews scored 10 in five less minutes of play, and probably could have hauled in rebound or or two and get dime if he had those 5 extra minutes. To Jerry Sloan: Wake up and smell the stink coming from CJ. He is head case, can't handle spotlight, can't handle pressure, he is just bad player. It will be interesting to see if Jazz can get back to back win against DWade and Heat on Monday. We only score 70 in their house last time. 70 POINTS!!!!! Sad, let's make it two Utah Jazz.

• Annonymous Infinity
    Jan. 10, 2010 11:46 a.m.

Defeating Dallas means nothing. They were without some key players. Even a bling squirrel can find an acorn once in a while. Remember what happened to the Mavericks in the playoffs last year? You could see it in the eyes and the body language of the Mavs last night. They did not have it. Typically, the Jazz do not hit shots as they did for once. The game based on history would have gone the other way. What is retrospectively more of a lingering concern is why the Jazz cannot steamroll the Timberwolves/Grizzlies/Clippers/Kings and most of the eastern conference teams that they continue to lose to year in a year out. This would seem to validate my contention that the Jazz are not a "good" team. They are a collection of players who cannot put aside their individual and collective egos/agendas and just play smart. This is what is troubling to me. They bury themselves with stupid passing, ball hogging and passive defensive play. Nevertheless, they can come up with a win here and there over teams who are roster depleted, but better more athletic than they are once in awhile.

I still root for them.

• shane from provo
    Jan. 10, 2010 12:07 p.m.

Great win.....I agree with "finally." DWill needs to take charge of this team.

• shane from provo
    Jan. 10, 2010 12:10 p.m.

AK does need more minutes....+/- doesn't lie.

• shane from provo
    Jan. 10, 2010 12:17 p.m.

Agree with "finally." It starts with Deron. He has to take charge like CP3 does for NO. He is in the top five point guard category but this is changing people. Let's get it done Deron, every night....

• wedst coast jazz fans
    Jan. 10, 2010 12:50 p.m.

stay with the green ditch the light blue

• The "A"
    Jan. 10, 2010 1:08 p.m.

People! You can play loose, hang loose, be loose, have a rope loosely around you neck.
    You cannot, however, loose a ball game. Please get it right!! (Sorry, pet peeve).

NIce game Jazz. As I said the other day where is Miles. He should be telling us how great Miles is and how he is the key to our team.

Some consistency from all would be nice!

• Miles
    Jan. 10, 2010 4:29 p.m.

@Fedor: I can't stop laughing. If Matthews had 5 more minutes he would have hauled in two more rebounds.

News bulletin: Matthews had zero rebounds, zero assists, zero steals. I am sure another 5 minutes would have made a huge difference!! Oh and by the way, CJ had two rebounds. He averages more rebounds, assists, steals and blocks than Matthews.

Let's see, Okur, Boozer and Millsap all shot less than 50%. So they must need their minutes cut too?

• Miles Miles
    Jan. 10, 2010 6:17 p.m.

Your right about Matthews. But don't think for one minute that CJ has or will be the answer. He has so much talent and wastes it. Not impressed and he is NOT a starter. AK needs to be in there starting. Look at +/- stats....I can't believe you are comparing Matthews and CJ--that is a joke as neither a difference makers....

• Rich
    Jan. 10, 2010 7:22 p.m.

Michael has it right. Unlike many fans, he watches defense. The Jazz are very good when they play team defense. When they don't, almost anybody can beat them. Overall I like the Jazz right now. I have to give kudos to Boozer. He has improved a ton on defense. He still stays home too much, but compared with the past, when he was one of the worst defensive power forwards in the NBA, he is fine. I thought Williams would cut down on his turnovers this year, and I was hoping that Price also would get more minutes and learn to play under control. These improvements are being made in baby steps -- such small baby steps that the Jazz appear headed to a first-round matchup with the Lakers at best. Here's hoping that Deron has finally figured out that gambling with the ball is not worth it. AJ has cut down on his stupid turnovers, and now it's DWill's turn. At that point, and if the team continues to play team ball when they're behind in the fourth quarter, I think the second half of the season will be far superior.

• Anonymous
    Jan. 10, 2010 9:32 p.m.

Glad to see that Dr. Jekyll of the Jazz showed up for the game instead of Mr. Hyde. Who's next?

• Matthews
    Jan. 11, 2010 10:50 a.m.

Matthews is the highest rated defender the Jazz have for one simple reason--he keeps his man in front of him most of the time and he fights through screens as well as anyone.

The other perimeter pansies on this team go under the screens too often which lets the ball handler get loose and either has an open shot or abuses our steel curtain of defense Okur and Boozer as they scream ole' as they escort them the rest of the way down the lane for a layup.

If we had guys stay in front of them men our interior D would not look so bad every night.

Matthew is one of the players who makes a difference even when he is not piling up stats because he makes his man shoot tough jumpers by simply staying in front of him and not letting him penetrate.

Where does that stat show up? Only in missed shots which is what he causes defenses to do. Strangely though Miles think CJ jacking up 14 shots in 20 minutes looks better on the stat sheet.

• CL
    Jan. 11, 2010 1:41 p.m.

Re Mathews; I agree with alot of what you say. I love seeing Wes play D, he moves his feet and he fights to get thru screens etc. He hustles. With his scoring being as good as it has been, it's hard not to agree with those who think he should be playing ahead of CJ. I'm a big CJ fan BUT my hopes and patients are wearing thin. Obviously Sloan likes something CJ brings to the table. CJ is long and athletic and passes pretty good, he opens up the floor, play with patients and looks to Sloans main offensive weapons (Booz. Okur, Dwill, MIlsap etc) and maybe they see what CJ can do in practice.
    Sloan has been playing it pretty good as far as giving time to the player who is playing well. If CJ isn't playing well to start the game, then Mathews or Korver have been getting the minutes.
    I agree with the posts that say AK should get more minutes too, proof is in the pooding (stats).
    Somehow we have to get Sloan to see he needs to play Fes more.

• CL
    Jan. 11, 2010 1:50 p.m.

Back to Fes getting more time. Sloan is trying to win with the lineups he puts on the floor but he needs to plan some for the future. Like I said earlier, the Jazz need someone besides Okur,Booz,Milsap, to complete against the Lakers, Celts, Magic, Cavs, etc. The bigs on those teams are too big,long,tall & athletic for our bigs. We need Fes and KK to develope so they can be on the floor when we need them in the playoffs (if we make it).

• todd to cl
    Jan. 11, 2010 2:56 p.m.

Lets see Hilton Armstrong for that reason as of today now with Sacramento, Brendan Haywood being looked at by Denver and Portland

O Connor loves this exact group..

• BP
    Jan. 11, 2010 4:01 p.m.

This win proves one thing only:

That the Jazz are becoming a CONSISTENT defensive team. By the numbers (which really tell "most" of the story), the Jazz this year are a good/average defensive team and an average offensive team. As compared to us being a Great offensive team last year, while being an average/poor defensive team.

Korver is going to make a huge difference as he gets more time.