Utah

Utah/California program saves small dogs from euthanasia

California pooches finding homes in Utah

Comments

• Wonderful
    Dec. 30, 2009 8:48 p.m.

This is a great program, a win-win situation for the dogs and those who adopt them. Small dogs are in great demand and there any many in Utah who are thrilled to be able to adopt a small dog instead of buying one from a pet store or home breeder who may or may not be reputable. Also the dog will be spayed or neutered so can't be used by those wishing to adopt a dog for that purpose. This is a program I will donate to.

• Good news
    Dec. 30, 2009 10:51 p.m.

What a great idea for helping to get more dogs adopted. I just wonder why there are still so many puppy mills around.
    I'm glad to hear that these dogs are being spayed and neutered.

• Close the puppy mills
    Dec. 31, 2009 4:10 a.m.

Why is it still legal to breed for profit? My hart nearly breaks every time I see people selling their puppies in the Walmart parking lot etc... With so many dogs being "put down" these mills need to be "put down".

• Alex
    Dec. 31, 2009 7:11 a.m.

Thank you to all of the animal activists, vet/ humane society employess etc as well as all of those who donate money and time to help animals. You are all great people and more than likely do not get the thanks that you deserve. Keep up the good work!

• jean vasileff
    Dec. 31, 2009 4:31 p.m.

Its so simple....if the AKC would refuse to issue papers to puppy mill dogs....the profit would be cut off immediately.....and the horror would stop...
    Wonder why they keep registering all those pups? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Robin
    Dec. 31, 2009 10:47 p.m.

A moratorium on ALL dog breeding for profit and no more until the poor unwanted animals have homes. I'd take 100 unwanted animals into my home if I could. They all deserve love. Thanks to ALL who rescue, shelter and love these animals.