Real Salt Lake's Movsisyan departs to join Danish team

Comments

• Yura said...
    Nov. 27, 2009 10:10 p.m.

in the infamous words of Gob Bluth, "I think I've made a huge mistake." Good luck.

• georg
    Nov. 28, 2009 8:12 a.m.

RSL will miss Yura next season, he is still very young and capable of much much more. Maybe RSL will use some of that allocation money to lure him back when Rander's is relegated.
    "Good Luck Yura you have scored some of RSL's biggest goals the past two season's and you were a huge part of bringing a championship to Utah"

• we are gonna miss him
    Nov. 28, 2009 8:24 a.m.

lets hope Randers gets relegatedand deals him back to salt lake.

• todd from santa ana
    Nov. 28, 2009 8:28 a.m.

We will be thinking about you and watching your progress Yura. Thank you for your contributions and keeping a good attitude despite not getting the playing time. Good luck, but hope to see you come back next year.

• KC
    Nov. 28, 2009 9:45 a.m.

It's time to expose the myth that European soccer is universally better than soccer here in the US. Yes, leagues in England, Spain, Germany and Italy are undoubtedly better. But the same can't be said for the league Movsisyan is headed for, or for Scotland or for many other small leagues across the Atlantic. What Movsisyn may get is increased exposure. An argument can be made the the big European clubs will be more likely to notice him. For that reason, I wish him the best of luck despite feeling a little jilted that he's leaving RSL.

• Good Luck.
    Nov. 29, 2009 10:11 a.m.

We wish you all the best.

• Mark in Greenvile
    Nov. 29, 2009 3:04 p.m.

He has made a great contribution to RSL and to MLS. I also wish him well.

• Jemmy
    Nov. 29, 2009 7:23 p.m.

I'm on a five year assignment with my company to the US and have my family with me. My nine-year-old son has played football since age 3 in Germany and began to play with the largest club in Denver a year ago. He was shocked to find the skill level at this US club to be very similar to his quite successful German club.

We have since watched youth football here from U9 though U17 and I can tell you that it will only be a matter of time before the US plays a World Cup final. Sure there are huge gaps that I see in US training and most coaches here have adequate ball skill but still lack the "feel" of the game. I see very little training in tactics compared to Germany but I'm optimistic about the future of the sport in this country.

You may be correct that US football may be comparable to some of the smaller European nations but until the MLS pays more and consistently sustains a truly international level of play it will not attract the talent needed to compete in the 'big leagues'.

• Unitedfootballfan
    Nov. 29, 2009 10:54 p.m.

I/m glad that he is leaving with a ring and the win in the MLS Cup Match!!! Good LucK1

• Re: Jemmy
    Nov. 30, 2009 10:23 a.m.

I can't agree with you more. The only thing holding soccer back in this country is money. MLS has been very wise to advance and build slowly, but until they can pay for deeper rosters, be able to attract a higher level of talent, which includes retaining a lot of the best American and Canadian talent, they won't catch the bigger leagues.
    The ticket buying soccer fanatic is out there in droves in the US, they just don't want to spend their money to watch what they consider (when comared to ManU, Real Madrid, etc.) a lower level of play. I don't watch the EPL, I watch MLS so it doesn't bother me.
    Speaking of Real Madrid, are they going to come and check out Rio Tinto any time soon?

• Chadders
    Nov. 30, 2009 10:24 a.m.

I hope Yura makes it back to RSL. I always appreciated what he brought to the table and think he has a better chance of improving here than with Randers.
    Good luck with Randers Yura. You have all the right build, speed, and skills to succeed. You are just missing that x factor to become a top flight striker. Thank you so much for helping RSL win a championship.

• AA
    Feb. 11, 2010 1:37 a.m.

Ive played with yura and he is a great player he is fast,smart and he has skills so i think he will do good in europe i wish u good luck bro