Utah

2 party insiders may take on Bennett

Comments

• an other attorney?
    Nov. 9, 2009 2:42 p.m.

we have about 2/3 of the US senate as attorneys now.
    Do we need another one?

Mike Lee is a great guy, but we don't want to replace our only non-attorney too liberal businessman with an attorney that would be better used somewhere else.

• go for it
    Nov. 9, 2009 2:54 p.m.

I'm in Id. but I say go for it.... all incumbents need to be booted for the way they have got rich off taxpayers and voted the way they have...I'm 100% for getting rid of all incumbents. I'm sure there are some that are honest and hardworking for their state and people they are supposed to represent..but who knows???? I just went down last Tues. and voted against every incumbent..only one was booted because people are stuck in the way they have always voted..too bad but I hope others will get it and send the message to ALL..we're sick of it...Thank you

• Wrex
    Nov. 9, 2009 3:01 p.m.

I know who they need:

ENID! ENID! ENID!

Come on, guys, install Enid Greene! She is so awesomely possumly awesome!!

ENID! ENID! ENID!

• C
    Nov. 9, 2009 3:09 p.m.

Mike Lee is an amazing Constitutional Scholar with Supreme Court experience. I hope someone like that runs for the senate.

• Anonymous
    Nov. 9, 2009 3:09 p.m.

Bennett is the real conservative in this race and will school both of them.

• Just a concerned Citizen
    Nov. 9, 2009 3:13 p.m.

I think Fred would be an awesome candidate to run against Bennett. Eagar is a joke and Bridgewater isn't fiscally conservative. Run Fred Run!

• Mike Lee?
    Nov. 9, 2009 3:14 p.m.

I've been involved with Utah politics and a State Delegate for the last few years and I have no idea who Mike Lee is. We already have Cherilyn representing the far right I think he is in over his head. Wait and run as a state Senator or Legislator- you are just shooting too high.

• I Like Mike
    Nov. 9, 2009 3:32 p.m.

If said attorney understands the Constitution, is willing to vigorously defend the values upon which we are founded then YES!

Mike is an honest man, passionate scholar of the Constitution and just what the doctor ordered.

• Dan
    Nov. 9, 2009 3:36 p.m.

I do not know Mike Lee, but the article mentions he is a constitutional scholar. I would like to learn more about each candiate and see some debates between them before making a decision.

• Anonymous
    Nov. 9, 2009 3:37 p.m.

turnout for a primary or general election is important, Too few and the incumbent or name gets it, and too many they do too.

State gop convention with 95% turnout, that isn't going to matter.

In june this year, with just under 2000 of the 3500 showing up in an off year, Bennett's reaction was poor, where 4 out of the 5 (now 3 of the 4) had booths and were seen by more than have the current delegates.

Many thousands have heard Eagar there and at the rallys, lunches, meetings since.

No one getting in now can totally make up for not being at last years convention, no matter the amount of time or energy spent.

My opinion only.

• @anon 3:09
    Nov. 9, 2009 3:41 p.m.

In March of this year Senator Bob Bennett was rated one of the ten most liberal Republicans in the Senate by Human Events based on the American Conservative Union Ratings for 2008. Why Bennett would pay money to convince voters he is Conservative is beyond me.

Bennett abuses earmarks and spends in the 10% of the senate. He isn't conservative. Even his healthcare bill he sponsored had an abortion clause, requiring any insurance company to provide abortion coverage, except church owned companies.

Bennett has to go. The question is who.

• @Lee
    Nov. 9, 2009 3:50 p.m.

Lee would be an awesome Judge. He doesn't have the experience than Eagar has dealing with getting things passed or not and she hasn't been elected yet.

• Chris
    Nov. 9, 2009 3:50 p.m.

Fred would be a great candidate. Hope he runs.

• Fred Lamp..
    Nov. 9, 2009 3:52 p.m.

Lampropolous may have the money, but he lost against Huntsman at convention. Can anyone tell me why?

Brigewater has made it out of convention and lost twice.

I would like to see what Eagar can do.

• Someone Just Someone!
    Nov. 9, 2009 4:09 p.m.

Anybody, just put a qualified person on the ticket, these incumbents MUST go all of them!

• Last Year's Convention?!?
    Nov. 9, 2009 4:11 p.m.

Anonymous wrote, "No one getting in now can totally make up for not being at last years [sic] convention, no matter the amount of time or energy spent."

Whatever. This is such a stupid position, and is only being articlated by Eager and her ilk.

Just so you know, last June's convention (June was five months ago and was actually part of THIS year0 was an "Organizing" Convention where party officers were elected to two year terms. It has NOTHING to do with next year's "Nominating" convention. Furthermore, the two year term of every delegate who attended this year's convention will expire in March 2010 WHEN NEW DELEGATES ARE CHOSEN. Historically, 60 percent of each new crop of state delegates are first times. So the majority of delegates who met candidates at their booth's in June will not even be delegates next year.

• To @ Lee
    Nov. 9, 2009 4:14 p.m.

Lee has worked closely with judges, justices, and executive and legislative officials at the very highest levels of the state and federal government. He understands the law and the constitution far better than any of the other challengers could ever hope to understand them. He is exactly the kind of guy we need in Washington right now.

• AyreWolf
    Nov. 9, 2009 4:19 p.m.

Don't matter none, Bennett will win since has the LDS backing. If ya'll want real change vote Confederate National Party.

• Dear Cherilyn
    Nov. 9, 2009 4:33 p.m.

It is very unseemly, not to mention counterproductive and downright weird, for Cherilyn Eager and her campaign staff to tell others that they can't enter the race against Bennett. But that is exactly what they are doing even in their comments to this article. If they are so unsure of themselves and their candidate that they have to resort to telling others that they can't get into the race, then they must lack confidence in their own message. Cherilyn: your job is to win us over as delegates by telling us why you think you're the right candidate, not why other possible challengers are not. We will decide on our own what we think of the others, and many of us find it very insulting when you try to do that for us. Even worse, when you focus on everyone else, it makes us think of you as an inferior commodity, and I'm sure you don't want to portray yourself that way. Aside from the damage your strategy might cause to the vitally important and growing movement to unseat Bennett, your strategy harms your own campaign far more than anything else.

• katamb
    Nov. 9, 2009 4:41 p.m.

Ok, everybody who has been at their jobs for more than 15 years - it's time to quit!!!!! Come on peeps! Experience is still worth a lot. It takes years for a senator to get on the choice committees so he/she can fight for our state. Besides, I'd like to see a conservative woman run.

• NL
    Nov. 9, 2009 4:48 p.m.

Eighteen years a long time for a person who said he would be a one term Senator. Term limits much needed. I am 80 years old maybe I should try and only run for one term if I lived that long. Time for a change and replace Hatch as well as Bennett. They have had their time and no complaints on their service we just need new people to pick up the battle.

• To @Lee
    Nov. 9, 2009 4:55 p.m.

Did you have a typo in your comment? Cherilyn has no experience with getting anything passed in any elected position. Or did you mean because she has lobbied, she is somehow more qualified? Please. She is shrill and she is mean. Look at what she sent out when Mark Shurtleff dropped out of the race. She quickly turned into a piece all about her. Mike Lee is an awesome choice.
    Fred may have the $$ but he can't get out of convention.

• See Fred Run -Go Fred Go
    Nov. 9, 2009 5:07 p.m.

Fred's convention loss to Huntsman was two-fold. The UEA default when Olene [siting Gov] went out & Convention Media Presentation difficulties- combined. Take away either and he would have been in the Primary. Easily overcome this time.
    Fred would be a great and a credible candidate. If Fred enters and is serious, depending on who he hires for his team- I think he wins.
    Fred has everything the delegates would look for to defeat Bennett, including the cash to stay up with him.
    Bennett must be wishing Shurtleff was still in the race. lol

• Hm.
    Nov. 9, 2009 5:15 p.m.

This Lee guy sounds legit. I would like to learn more about him. Constitutional scholar? Sounds right to me. I don't care about experience. In fact, I'd say this vague thing we refer to as "experience" is looking worse and worse as time goes on (Bennett, Hatch, etc).

• DD
    Nov. 9, 2009 5:27 p.m.

I was at the convention when Huntsman was elected, as I recall, it was a pretty tight race between Huntsman and Fred until the round when Walker dropped off, and most of her 2nd votes went to Huntsman, letting him win.

• Do It!
    Nov. 9, 2009 6:18 p.m.

I too don't like so many attorneys in Congress but this Mike Lee sounds interesting. I say, let's have everyone run....Bennett needs to defend his TARP vote. That one still kills me.

• Jim
    Nov. 9, 2009 6:37 p.m.

Bennett has manifest disdain for his constituents. Both our senators have been in too long and should be replaced.

• Anyone but Eager and Bennett
    Nov. 9, 2009 6:44 p.m.

I pray to high heaven that this state will not have to suffer another term of Bennett or Eager. I don't necessarily dislike Shurtleff, but I see his withdrawal as a potential blessing of having someone REALLY good run. I loathe that folks think they have to vote for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. And believe you me, Eager and Bennett are very, very much the same.

• what!
    Nov. 9, 2009 7:56 p.m.

Bennett is a conservative, BWAHAHA...

I needed a good laugh.. thanks

• 2007
    Nov. 9, 2009 7:59 p.m.

I am still angry about Bennett's support of the Bush, McCain,and Kennedy 2007 Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill, Commonly referred to as the "Amnesty Bill." So, for me it is almost any port in a storm, but Bennett. I am a state delegate and I hope to be elected again in March, so that I will have several chances to vote against Sen. Bennett.

I have met and discussed issues with Mrs Eagar, who seems a little shallow. I had a discussion last year with Mr. Lee, who I found to be very impressive. I also, have no problem with Mr. Lampropolous. I am beginning to feel better already! I am very pleased that Mr. Shurtluff has withdrawn, since he and Sen. Bennett are birds of a feather. He hope that both Mr. Lee and Mr. Lampropolous join the campaign for the Senate.

What would be really choice, would be if Sen Bennett loses the the first round ballot at the convention, leaving Lampropolous, Lee, and Eagar.

• cookie
    Nov. 9, 2009 8:18 p.m.

I to think it is time to see Bennett go. I will not be voting for him. I also think it is time for Hatch to find the door!

• JTG
    Nov. 9, 2009 9:36 p.m.

Lee is brilliant. I certainly hope "he's in". This guy is EXACTLY what we need to replace Bennett. He's brilliant, committed to the Constitution and a true Conservative. Go Lee!!

• I had the chance
    Nov. 9, 2009 10:47 p.m.

to meet Lee his wife and daughter recently. Nice family. I like Mike. He is friendly real and down to earth. Hey there is their slogan! "I like Mike!"

I hope he goes for it and grassroots wins again, with Mike Lee for Senate.

Boot BENNETT!

• vjsing
    Nov. 9, 2009 11:24 p.m.

Boot Bennett? And elect whom? Nowadays a 'conservative' in Utah is a Glenn Beck loving person who needs a basic lesson in history, economics and politics. Embarassing to say the least! Moderate Republicans are a dying breed. Now let's all go to a 'Tea Party' and shed some tears over our embellished version of the founding fathers...

pathetic!

• Go Bob!
    Nov. 9, 2009 11:35 p.m.

I've met Bennett before and he is a nice man. He also knows the Constitution is true, so the grass roots definitely will vote for him. Go grass!

• Bennett is for Big Government
    Nov. 10, 2009 12:44 a.m.

Bennett's lips may draw near to the Constitution, but his heart is far from it. He's too old, he has been in Washington too long, and he is still trying to expand the role of the federal govenment. Get him out now, please. We need Mike Lee to take him out.

• Perfect Storm
    Nov. 10, 2009 1:36 a.m.

This election cycle is starting to look like the perfect storm to clean house. If the US Electorate just had the juts, they would vote every incumbent out of office and allow a new, fresh perspective into Washington. Sure things won't be perfect, but anything is better than what we got now

• Good News!
    Nov. 10, 2009 4:33 a.m.

I was a Fred L. fan when he ran for Gov., I think he will be great. He has principles and is Conservative!

Many posters do not seem to get it, Republicans used to be conservative, but not so much any more. The problem with Sen.Bennett is he is NOT conservative enough. His position on Health Care, Immigration, and the Banking Mess(Freddie Fiasco) are out of touch with the MAJORITY of Utahans. He also (with Hatch) voted for Obama's Regulation Czar which is a BIG MISTAKE that doesn't get enough attention.

A conservative state (which Utah IS) deserves to be represented by a true conservative!

• Bennett must go.
    Nov. 10, 2009 4:59 a.m.

People are on the wrong track in selecting representatives. How nice they are is not even relevant and most of the time just a front for deception. Especially for those with mormon beliefs.

My belief is that no lawyers should ever be allowed to run for representation in the administrative side of government. They are already prejudiced by judicial government and does not keep a separation of powers in government.

Other requirements are honesty, openness, and willing to buck the system and think of the people first. If representatives would think of people first, party affiliatiion is not important. Party affiliation on means who will control them and the people. I want a representative that can discriminate and make decisions based on people needs and open and honest government.

We can't depend on the news media for unbiased and honest reporting either. Power brokers already control them and what is reported in the news.

• Out
    Nov. 10, 2009 5:57 a.m.

There is a pay-back time. If you vote against what we want you don't get reelected.
    Amnesty Bill!

Out you go Bennett. You are working for us not yourself. We the people will be heard !

• D Barlow
    Nov. 10, 2009 6:03 a.m.

Mike Lee is the real deal! He is truly a constitution scholar and is looking out for Utah's interest. I think we all know what happens to our interests when our senators and representatives have been in Washington too long. Let's get some new blood in there and make something happen.

• Anonymous
    Nov. 10, 2009 6:56 a.m.

This really isn't about whether Bennett is a nice man or not. It's about whether a person will stand up to the progressives in Congress. It seems that someone who understands the Constitution might have a better chance up upholding it. There needs to be no compromise on one thing when serving in the Senate. Their very PURPOSE is to uphold the constitution. Every piece of legislation they pass must fall within the constrictions of the Constitution. I think all the long term incumbents need a come uppance!

• Fred Wins
    Nov. 10, 2009 7:27 a.m.

The headlines will be saying Fred wins after convention. He is such a great guy, a good speaker and he has the backing of a lot of party loyalist. Eager is a joke. Her self obsorbed, entitled attitude will be no different than Bennett. Fred has my vote.

• No, please
    Nov. 10, 2009 7:39 a.m.

I am not a Fed L. fan. I can't spell his name and don't want to learn how. He should stay in the business field. No, no, no to Fred for Senator or Governor or anything else.

• Anonymous
    Nov. 10, 2009 7:43 a.m.

Oh, the egos. These challengers will fail. And the mere idea of Chaffetz is ridiculous. Bennett is a shoo-in.

• Micah
    Nov. 10, 2009 8:38 a.m.

Fred's loss in 2004 was the first time that the preferential balloting really had a major effect on a big race. With preferential balloting, the voters list the candidates in order of preference. For Fred L. Fans, that meant that Fred was at the top of the list, with their number two choice listed below and so on down the line.

When a candidate is knocked out, all of the votes that counted for that person then go to the number two person on the ticket. For instance, if you voted for Olene Walker as your number one choice, your vote counted for her each ballot count until she came up last with the fewest votes. Each ballot that had Walker at the top was then recounted giving the next candidate down the list those votes.

Walker and Karras were both "education candidates" drawing from the same voter pool. Lampropolous and Huntsman were both businessmen drawing from the same pool. Lampropolous' split of the "business vote" was less than the entire "education vote" that got pooled once Walker came up last in the balloting.

Fred's 2004 loss should not reflect poorly on him.

• Anybody Besides Incumbents
    Nov. 10, 2009 9:08 a.m.

Run all of you, we will elect you, this time the incumbents on both sides will taste defeat! We just have to clean house voters, and start fresh with others and hold them to the fire or it's out with them to in 1 term.

• Ted
    Nov. 10, 2009 9:36 a.m.

Fred L. is not the man. We have enough self-preservationist egos in DC without sending another. And not being able to shun or get rid of constituents like he does wives could be a real distraction for him!

Mike Lee could well deserve a hard look. Having someone in DC who knows and respects the Constitution would be a refreshing change.

• No Joke
    Nov. 10, 2009 9:39 a.m.

Let's get someone who really cares about the state, like Olene does. She had principal and support but lacked the funds. Hopefully we can get someone that doesn't have the means to buy the seat, which will work for the people and not the special interests.

• jakedaute
    Nov. 10, 2009 9:41 a.m.

For anyone considering running against Bennett there are a number of voters that are not satisfied with Senator Bennett's "conservative" voting record on illegal immigration issues. Nor are we fooled by his recent attempts to try and create a different image of his voting record on these issues with Utah voters.

Add this to the bill healthcare reform he co-sponsored with a liberal democrat that many observers called "very little different than the Obama, Pelosi and Reed plans" and there are a number of conservative Republicans that would support, work for and contribute financially to a candidate with conservative views that would vote that way once they got to Washington.

• dale
    Nov. 10, 2009 10:20 a.m.

Lee represents Energy Solutions against Utah.

• ABB
    Nov. 10, 2009 10:40 a.m.

The Anybody But Bennett (ABB) crowd is not large enough to support more than one legitimate challenger. Shurtleff was the frontrunner, and his departure has left a void. The more the ABB crowd is diluted between different candidates, the better it is for Bennett. He can set himself apart from the bickering crowd and look like the stateman that he is. Fred and Jason are the only potential challengers who have any chance whatsoever of knocking off Bennett at a convention. No one can beat Bennett in a 2010 Primary or General Election.

• Good for Utah?
    Nov. 10, 2009 10:43 a.m.

I am tired of the rhetoric against Bennett. Utah is under attack. Many would like to see all public lands in Utah as the playground for the East. Bennett is on all the right committees to stop this. Lee or any other challenger will not have: a) committee placement to stop these plans; or b) the seniority to negotiate in colleagues in the Senate to explain Utah's plight.

While Bennett may not be ideal, he does an adequate job in protecting Utah's interests in Washington. By voting him out, we would essentially silence a strong voice in Washington DC.

• Mike Lee would rock
    Nov. 10, 2009 11:04 a.m.

I've known Mike Lee for several years, and he will wow the delegates as they get to know him. He will be a great candidate and a terrific senator!

• Sterling
    Nov. 10, 2009 11:07 a.m.

Bennett is YET ANOTHER Utah politician that likes to call himself "Republican" so he can get elected. Remember "Bailout Bob's" position on amnesty for illegals. Also, remember how he earned his name - "Bailout the Bankers" - quick, before its too late!!
    IF the Republican party nominates him again, I'm voting Demo, might as well, same thing!!

• Craig
    Nov. 10, 2009 12:50 p.m.

Senator Bennett is a member of the minority party who at the moment has very little influence in the Senate. His committee assignments notwithstanding there is little he can do to stop anything the majority party wants to do. Suggesting that he can is nonsense.

• John C
    Nov. 10, 2009 12:53 p.m.

Lampropoulos he da man!
    Smart, savy and good businessman, he gets my vote.
    Utah would do well with him as their Senator.

• bandersen
    Nov. 10, 2009 1:21 p.m.

I am for anyone who understands and defends our constitution, capitalism, and the real self-evident American values, all of which are not found in our current representatives. For the most part, they are enjoying the ride, while Rome burns, content to watch from the sidelines! I want someone that will pick up a pail and go to work, unafraid to stand up and fight for principle to the last! The failure of both the Republican and Democratic parties to deliver in the defense of constitutional principles is obvious. Maybe Mike Lee is different.

• jefejivaro
    Nov. 10, 2009 1:37 p.m.

Wow...the whole race has been turned upside down by Shurtleff's departure (who was never qualified to have gotten past square one anyway). I have always liked Fred Lampropoulos. He is a down-to-earth, personable, truly-conservative individual with a common-sense approach to solving problems. As noted, Instant Runoff Voting (IRV) in the state convention did him and Utahns a great disservice through it's "convenient" buy quirky approach. Huntsman was the favored candidate by the party leaders...hard to combat.

I've heard good things in the last week from young conservatives in the party about Mike Lee. I'm willing to give him a serious look.

I like Cherilyn Eagar's positions on the issues. She appears to be a committed true conservative, is aggressive and has a bias for action. Although I like her spunk, I'd like to see her judgment mature a little and develop some gentility and finesse when interfacing with the press and her opponents. That could be remedied with more savvy campaign advisors.

I would appear we have the makings of a fascinating race. Now if we could just rid ourselves of IRV!!

• Should Bennet just drop out?
    Nov. 10, 2009 1:57 p.m.

I would hope Bennett would just drop out. We want him to retire and we have some good choices.

Too bad we can't make it Jan 2010 instead of Jan 2011 to change it.

• Ignoramuses
    Nov. 10, 2009 3:22 p.m.

You ignoramuses who say "throw all of the incumbents out" must live in a cave and are completely and utterly ignorant as far as our national Congressional process works. It is populist rhetoric to say "throw them all out," but is completely counterproductive and would result in total disorganization and anarchy. Since our Founding fathers set up Congress the way it did, they intended the Senate to be a stabilizing force in legislating. Power and influence are gained by length of tenure and respect, which translates into Committee positiosn. Bennett is very powerful for Utah -- the first Utahn ever to serve on Defense Appropriations Subcommittee, for example. IN OUR HISTORY!! So sure, throw him out. Let some upstart egoist millionaire who looks good on TV take Senator Bennett's place, And we'll all have to start over in the pecking order in Washington and Utah will be the worse for it. Wake up!

• Keiji
    Nov. 10, 2009 6:09 p.m.

I think Senator Bennett is still very smart and savvy and has much to offer. I think he has gotten a lot of good done on a lot of issues. He hasn't been as conservative as my view on many things, but I don't know if any new comers would be either. I do worry about too long in one office and Senators get 6yr at a shot. In his case is he still young enough while still in office? In other words pros and cons.

• Bennett Apologist
    Nov. 10, 2009 6:15 p.m.

I have to agree with all of the Bennett apologists. Bennett is only a little bit liberal. He only wants to expand the role of the federal government a little (maybe by a trillion dollars or so through his proposed federal healthcare legislation). He only opposes the balanced budget amendment a little. And he isn't nearly as bad as many other senators, like say, Barbara Boxer, Ted Kennedy, and the like. So naturally, we should all get behind him enthusiastically because, whether we like it or not, he's now very powerful. And if there's one thing we know about powerful people, it's that we should all make them more powerful and more comfortable in wielding their power.

• @Ignoramuses
    Nov. 10, 2009 11:43 p.m.

While I do not agree with Bob Bennett on everything, I do agree that the way things are set up Utah would be shooting itself in the foot by a movement just to throw out all incumbants.

Utah can't get ANYTHING passed (good or bad) without partnering and good will from other states! Part of our thought process has to be just that. Remember Utah is not especially "liked" by a lot of people and they consider our feelings as only a slight annoyance like a fly buzzing around. In fact your time might be well spent on how to make some changes in other states legislators.

I believe this is true and the "throw all imcumbants out" itea may have some problems. Now a VIABLE 3rd party movement with some great canidates might have some merit.

Another of my problems along with earmarks is the adding of many unrelated things to certain bills because they know they are not going to get voted down. A bill MUST be limited to a single issue! Without it we cannot know (let alone understand) what our legislators (state & Federal) are voting for and why.

• Anonymous
    Nov. 10, 2009 11:48 p.m.

Maybe we should just back up 50 years and do away with all laws etc. passed since then. I think I was a lot happier with politics and laws then than I am now.

• re: Fred Lampropoulos
    Nov. 11, 2009 12:30 a.m.

Fred Lampropoulos is a great businessman and should stay here running things.

Washington is out of control.
    What we need in DC is someone to kick butt.

I can't think of anyone running better at that than Cherilyn Eagar.

• ABB 2010
    Nov. 11, 2009 9:06 a.m.

Translation: Anybody But Bennett in 2010.

• @jefejivaro
    Nov. 11, 2009 9:35 a.m.

Our campaign advisors won 59 out of 61 races last year nationally. They helped Enid Greene win her race here in Utah when she ran. I trust them, and look forward to a vibrant campaign.

This campaign has been vetted as one of 24 races nationally, including Chuck DeVore (CA) and Pat Toomey (PA) to be included in a fund to elect truly constitutional conservatives to Congress. If we can get these candidates elected, we will turn the course of this country.

Go to TheGoodEggClub dot com or DCStinks dot com to make a contribution.

Cherilyn Eagar
    US Senate 2010

• Mike Lee?
    Nov. 11, 2009 11:35 a.m.

IS he the guy who was pushing for legacy parkway?

• @Mike Lee?
    Nov. 11, 2009 2:22 p.m.

I don't know any connection to Legacy Parkway, but he has represented Energy Solutions as an attorney vs Utah.

• the great purge
    Nov. 12, 2009 10:29 a.m.

Republicans continue to look for heretics when they should be looking for converts. I guarantee you that if you start running a slate of Glenn Beck Republicans the GOP is dead - Some other party will move in and take its place as the second major party. You will see hard right Republicans getting beat consistently and moderate Republicans winning some races. One district in Utah and a couple in the deep south being the exceptions.

• Mike Lee
    Nov. 27, 2009 2:14 p.m.

I saw Mike speak at one of his Constitutional events and came away very impressed with his knowledge of the Constitution and how it should be followed. I am ready for a change from the so-called Conservative in Bennett and I think Mike would make a great Senator.