Brad Rock: Mr. Korver, up for dinner at my place?

Comments

• What's Up?
    Oct. 23, 2009 8:22 a.m.

Pretty lame article...how desparate are you for writing material?

• All about the Money
    Oct. 23, 2009 8:24 a.m.

Brad,

Seems it is all about the money for you.

If you can have a richer than you, famous person at your house or in front of your neighbors you would be happier than you are now.

You write about the NBA but you don't get it. If these paid circus performers got paid lets say $75,000 a year do you know who would come to watch them perform? School children, the rest of us would have too many better things to do with our time.

The NBA figured our that in order to present the product and have fans following the league they needed to make the players elite. They cannot change behavior so they changed the amount they are paid. Now we follow them like they are special and root for "OUR" team like they are from Utah and not from Alaska, Louisiana, North Carolina and Russia.

Without the money to attract us this is just like going to a church game except with bigger darker guys.

• Ryan
    Oct. 23, 2009 9:05 a.m.

This was a great article. For 20 years I have enjoyed your terrific articles.

• Mitch
    Oct. 23, 2009 9:16 a.m.

I liked this article - a lot.

And, it gave me an idea. I need help cleaning out my garage and I think big Fez is the kind of help I need.

Too bad Ostertag is retired - that would be awesome!

• Steve
    Oct. 23, 2009 9:36 a.m.

Brad,
    For years I have enjoyed your column. Though at times I have not lived in Utah (I don't live there now) whenever I visit I always pick up the DesNews to see what you have written. Unfortunately some don't see the quality of writing that you present. They apparently want to see just the facts and they express this with horrible grammar.

But what you give us, poor simpletons, is a lighter side of life in sports. You help us to make sense of sports, not just kissing the fans' you know what and repeating all the blather that other columnists do. You bring sports to life like no other has done in Utah. You have help some of us to grow up in a world dominated by demands for more money without any better production (Karl Malone's yearly whine, Boozer's "stuff", and even a little Joe Buza).

• JazzSpazz
    Oct. 23, 2009 10:34 a.m.

Brad: Great article. I got a kick out of that.

All about the Money: You don't actually believe that do you?

• james
    Oct. 24, 2009 10:32 a.m.

I have been enjoying Brad's columns for years and this has to be one of my favorites.

Hmmm...if I had the wealth for such a ticket package for any team..I would choose one of the more thuggish, blowhards (Kenyon Martin, JR Smith comes to mind) and invite him to a very rural setting and subject him to an hour of 1960s high decibal country and western music.

One hr of this, am sure he would soon be on the injured reserve list..lol