Utah

Temporary changes for Catholics

H1N1 concerns prompt precautions in churches

Comments

• how about-
    Oct. 19, 2009 4:42 a.m.

How about, just have the "holy water" contain a sanitizer of some sort?

• news
    Oct. 19, 2009 6:11 a.m.

Good ideas, change the practice. However, yesterday the scientific news pointed that the virus has a 10 foot radius. That is, you have to stay away, more than 10 feet from the carrier.

More adjustments are coming? How about for the other churches?

In my state we are have an epidemic at some schools; 25% out. Schools will have a day off and teachers will come in and wipe down the building.

and so it goes.

• utah rose
    Oct. 19, 2009 9:07 a.m.

Many churches have a font in which you can fill a little bottle of Holy Water, which I have been doing for a long time.

I think that sick people should try to stay away from public places period, but what gripes me are the companies that only allow a certain amount of days for absences which encourage workers to come in sick or not.

May be we need to encourage companies NOT to expect sick people with the flu to come in and furthermore not to punish them if they don't.

I hope that the middle schools are encouraging sick students to stay home also.

When my daughter attended middle school in the 70's, they had some type of program that didn't encourage sick students to stay home, same as high school.

And for those who want "perfect attendance" don't be endangering other kids or adults with your germs if you're ill. Stay at home.

• Why?
    Oct. 19, 2009 11:38 a.m.

These comments make me sad. Why are people so critical?

• LDS Precautions?
    Oct. 19, 2009 12:08 p.m.

I don't know why the LDS Church hasn't made it clear that people who are sick should stay home from Church. It is aggravating to go to a meeting and sit in front of someone who spends the meeting coughing and sneezing.

• To LDS Precautions?
    Oct. 19, 2009 12:50 p.m.

Unfortunately, you can make things "clear" all you want but people will still do what they want.

• Anonymous
    Oct. 19, 2009 1:35 p.m.

I think it's a little sad that the Catholics have to change their ordinances just to avoid getting sick, but I really do hope it helps, and that they can go back to the original way soon.

• To Why?
    Oct. 19, 2009 2:28 p.m.

Why are you so critical of other people?

• @ LDS Precautions?
    Oct. 19, 2009 7:51 p.m.

Does the First Presidency have to come out and say "stay home when you are sick"? No. Use your own judgement and take responsibility for yourself and your family, as well as preventing the spreading what illness there is around the congregation by following the CDC's guidelines.

Our bishop came out this Sunday and said, "If you are sick, stay home. Use the precautionary measures mentioned throughout the media for proper hygiene."

Must we be directed in all things??? No. Use your own judgement and make the right choice.

• Canada
    Oct. 19, 2009 8:36 p.m.

I would like to know, why doesn't any of the Lds wards here haave hand sanitizers? Do you guys have it there in Utah?