Utah Jazz: Boozer happy to be in camp, Jazz happy to have him

Comments

• Radio Interview
    Sept. 25, 2009 3:22 p.m.

AK said he "gained 20 lbs". He said he tried not to run much all summer because regular cardio just melts weight off him.

Other off-handed comments included "Koufus arms look huge"!!

"CJ Miles looks MUCH bigger and other 2 guards better come ready".

If all these overpaid weasels can put the petty stuff aside and play ball...admittedly a big IF...then we really do have a ton of talent.

Personally, I doubt we can beat the Lakers because they are too long/tall but I do think we are better than most other W. Conference teams despite their trading that I prefer to call "window dressing".

Year after year we beat most all these teams. The only reason we did not smoke them all last year was injuries.

These players and this system wins ALOT of games and beats most teams on most nights. If we could get a BIG like Koufus on the floor to play some valuable inside defensive minutes.....you never know!!!!

Game on!!!!

• Unhappy
    Sept. 25, 2009 3:23 p.m.

Im unhappy to see Booze in camp. Trouble is he'll come in and put up his double-doubles that he puts in every game and too many fans will be all about forgiving him. Not me. Not now. Not ever. I can't wait Booz is gone.

Remember fans, this is a man who stabbed the Jazz organazition and its fans in the back all summer long. I can't wait to hear Boozer sweet talk his way back into the hearts of Utah fans.

• Chris
    Sept. 25, 2009 3:30 p.m.

You know really - the media need to just drop it at this point. Of course it's slightly awkward, but the media questions just make it worse.....

• Matt
    Sept. 25, 2009 3:36 p.m.

Boozer is a liar and a fraud! I don't think the average Jazz fan will ever trust him again!

• b r jazz fan
    Sept. 25, 2009 3:51 p.m.

yea all is good but the first sign of booz not giving 100%, the fans will go up in arms?

• Batman
    Sept. 25, 2009 3:54 p.m.

I too don't want Booz here. He is disengenious and not a great team player, plus his defensive struggles are well documented. I am disappointed the team wasn't able to move him. Hopefully they will keep trying until there is a semi-good offer. I guess no-one else in the league wants to trade much for him either, which says a lot.

It is hard to root for the team with him there.

• Mr. Elephant
    Sept. 25, 2009 3:57 p.m.

I still sense an elephant in the room.

• Scowls
    Sept. 25, 2009 4:02 p.m.

I love the picture with Kerilinko, Williams, and Boozer where they are all slowling at the camera and looking very depressed and unhappy to be together. I think the intent was to look like they were a couple of bad boys but the attemp failed.

• reply:Matt
    Sept. 25, 2009 4:03 p.m.

That is why your an average jazz fan, as a die hard, I know that he is going to play well for us this year, and i don't care anymore if he said those things, he just better help us win.

• Coach
    Sept. 25, 2009 4:41 p.m.

And the mediocrity begins...

• Richie
    Sept. 25, 2009 4:50 p.m.

We all know Boozer is only here for one more year so lets hope for the best and let Jazz management take care of the problems.

• MADRYBEG
    Sept. 25, 2009 4:58 p.m.

As a fan I want the player on the floor as commited to playing as I am cheering for them. I absolutely refuse to go to a Jazz game this year as long as Boozer is in a Jazz uniform. I have aleady paid enough into this man's salary. No more from me.

• MOM
    Sept. 25, 2009 5:08 p.m.

Ah, yes. It would be one thing if Boozer were really an all star. He's not. He pulls up lame and pretends he's 15.

The inside word is that there are serious concerns surrounding him.

• Re: Coach
    Sept. 25, 2009 5:24 p.m.

Coach is right on! I can never tell if the Jazz is striving to be the best of the worst or the worst of the best???

• Skip H
    Sept. 25, 2009 5:25 p.m.

Utah's only chance at a title is if Booze is in the fold....major talent baby..that's where it's at

• First season
    Sept. 25, 2009 5:27 p.m.

This is the first season that I can remember that I am NOT excited about the Jazz season starting. We have basically the SAME team. I don't buy the "This year will be different argument". "We need to stay healthy" argument. I'm done. Boozer will play half hearted and then the excuses will begin to flow.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 25, 2009 6:32 p.m.

Jazz fans fear not.
    Booze is healthy and is motivated right now by the only thing that motivates him MONEY.
    He will play good for 20 games and we will get good value for him in a trade.
    All said and done the jazz are 3rd in the west, and in position to get to the western finals.
    Now all we need is a way to get past the lakers...

• Be reasonable . . .
    Sept. 25, 2009 6:43 p.m.

let the preseason happen before condemning the entire year. Boozer hating is largely hypocrisy--every basketball player wants big $, how about you? If Booze plays right on the court, I mostly don't care what team he'd rather be on.

• First season is right
    Sept. 25, 2009 6:44 p.m.

--this is his first season following the Jazz

• re Unhappy
    Sept. 25, 2009 6:53 p.m.

Karl Malone used to stab the Jazz in the back too.

For the most part the Jazz fans stabbed Boozer in the back. Tons of players get injured in the NBA, most fans are patient (look at Arenas and DWade) People have been on Boozer since his first injury.

Last year Boozer got injured and was told he could be back in 2 weeks. After a week Jazz fans were saying he had no heart. A month went by and Boozer wasn't back so Jazz fans really hated him. Then all of a sudden the doctors realized Boozer needed surgery.

When he finally came back from surgery it took him a month to get back to full strenght, but Jazz fans weren't patient enough to let him do that. They expected him to be on the top of his game from day 1.

Well, Boozer is healthy now (as he was against the lakers) And he is a beast when he is healthy.

• Jazz Fan in Portland
    Sept. 25, 2009 7:49 p.m.

Hey I have heard enough about Boozer What is up with the others on the team? I hear Koufos is got bigger. What does AK look like? Any weight gain? Tell me more about the rest of the TEAM!!!!

• stop excusing boozer
    Sept. 25, 2009 7:52 p.m.

I dont care about his money, I dont care about his comments.

But I DO CARE about his talent and work ethic.

The dude needs to learn to play defense. So he shut down Yao - other than that he can't cover anyone who can actually move.

Trade him for a superstar center or shooting guard - milsap can fill in the 4 just fine.

• Also...
    Sept. 25, 2009 7:58 p.m.

Karl Malone stabbed Jazz in back like boozer? Are you crazy? When? Do you mean because he:

1. played 18 seasons missing less than 10 games?
    2. forgave larry miller for storming on the court when he had a bad game (or several other psycho "miller rant" moments?
    3. because he went to LA after Stockton retired, at a time when the Jazz needed to rebuild anyway, for hardly no money because he loves the game enough to want a stab at a ring?

Yeah. Right. Just like Boozer.
    Get real.

• rvalens2
    Sept. 25, 2009 8:11 p.m.

Re: re Unhappy @6:53 p.m

There is a BIG difference between Karl Malone and Boozer.

After all the talk, tears and complaining ... when the season began Malone showed up. I always felt he gave it his best, even when his best wasn't enough for the Jazz to win.

I do not feel that way about Carlos.

That being said, Carlos will more than likely play all out this year. He knows he's playing for his next BIG contract.

If he has a mediocre year with Jazz, he will get a mediocre paycheck with his next team.

However, what will the Jazz do if come the February trading deadline Carlos is playing like a beast? And they're winning 7 out of every 10 games?

• If come Feb.
    Sept. 25, 2009 8:58 p.m.

Boozer has made an about face for some unknown reason, then let it be to his credit. Will it ever happen, we have our doubts. He is afraid to defend and that is his mind set.

• Welcome back Boozer
    Sept. 25, 2009 9:13 p.m.

"The only reason Carlos plays is because of the money. He should play for free and donate the money to charity" What a load! It is his job to get the best deal possible and if he is not in a team's long term plans them he needs to work on his next gig as soon as possible. He is only going to get one more big contract.
    Last years problems involved alot more people than Boozer. I always felt the Jazz were too quick to trade Dantley and got very little value for him. If they had kept him they would have gotten acouple championships. Just giving Boozer away will not help the team. Life is about working problems out not running away from them.
    That said he can start playing some more defence and his playing time should not just be a given make him earn it.

• todd from santa ana
    Sept. 25, 2009 9:35 p.m.

all of this snoozie stuff is irrelevant. The bigger question is "where is team defense"

how bout "packing the paint" that packs nothing but allowing 3 ball after 3 ball go up.

I am sure JR SMITH is rubbing his hands together for opening night.

I am sorry to report though but everyone knows Paul is not Boozer or skill set and he is small/ Tries better on D but overmatched...

• jbra80
    Sept. 25, 2009 11:44 p.m.

Isn't J.R. Smith suspended for opening night? Probably not too excited then.

The Boozer-Malone comparison is ridiculous. Malone ran his mouth but he was just emotional. He still worked harder than any other player in the league during the off season or during the season. That is your difference. That and the fact that Malone probably played through all of the injuries that Booz has missed time and had surgery on.

Excited for the season, regardless if the team changed or not, like a real Jazz fan should be. Go Jazz!

• Boise Bill
    Sept. 26, 2009 7:43 a.m.

I think everyone can expect Boozer to be booo'd on opening night. How he plays after that will determine his acceptance. Boozer better bring it.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 26, 2009 1:39 p.m.

Glad boozer is back.. everyone needs to be on his side in order to get the best of him.. go booz, go jazz and lets go fans