Utah Utes football: Coach happy overall with play during opening win

Comments

• Hawk
    Sept. 7, 2009 7:10 a.m.

Good assessment, coach -- great injury-free opening act, especially with a new OC, DC, QB, kicker, etc. Looks like another "tune-up" this week after San Jose State's debacle v. USC. Hopefully the Utes can recover from the the strength-of-schedule hole USU and SJS are putting them in. By the way, kudos to CSU for another MWC win over a BCS player....

• Great win Utah
    Sept. 7, 2009 7:11 a.m.

and best of luck against San Jose State and Oregon. Definately need to clobber Oregon, and any BCS team! I think its okay to have a mercy score against non BCS teams, but run it up on the BCS teams! After seeing the 2009 Ute offense, we should have the firepower to do just that.

• Why?
    Sept. 7, 2009 7:15 a.m.

do we need two articles reassuring the ute fans that things are ok? What are we not hearing from the hill?

• FromWA
    Sept. 7, 2009 8:25 a.m.

As a Goug fan, I hope Utah keeps up the success. I hope you all win all but one game every year. Then again I'm not from Utah, so maybe the rivalry can stay on friendly terms for me.

• Go Utes
    Sept. 7, 2009 11:09 a.m.

Glad to see that our re-building year is going well so far. We beat Logan Junior High School so let's get ready for our next big road game against the California Junior College for the Kids Who Couldn't Get into USC, UCLA, or any other real University.

• ...................
    Sept. 7, 2009 12:46 p.m.

HOW DO I GET "ESPNU" FOR COMCAST????? ANYBODY?

• Well Done WA
    Sept. 7, 2009 1:33 p.m.

Nice burn on your team. By calling USU Logan Junior High you are saying that you can only beat a Junior High team by 18. Everything is okay though, like the article says.

• Ute Alum
    Sept. 7, 2009 1:43 p.m.

I know what channel is ESPN-U on???? GOOOOO UTES!!!!

• Woody