Utah State Aggies, Utah Utes football: 109th edition of old rivalry set to kickoff

Series takes a break until 2012 season after Thursday

Comments

• SoCal-Aggie
    Sept. 2, 2009 11:28 p.m.

GO AGGIES!

btw utes - I've been talking with my PAC-10 UCLA and USC friends today, they said "WHO" then started laughing when I mentioned that you guys think your getting an invite to the PAC 10. You'd have a better chance of beating USU 100 times in a row.

Good luck!

GO AGGIES!

• Interesting....
    Sept. 2, 2009 11:54 p.m.

So it sounds like we have a pretty good chance of getting an invite to the PAC 10 (even though that isn't something we think) given your reasoning. We have an incredibly high chance of beating USU 100 times in a row. I remember last year or two years ago when the USU band started playing the school song after first downs.

• Not Sure
    Sept. 3, 2009 12:05 a.m.

the Aggies can pull out a W, but if they are competitive, it'll be a great start for GA. Good Luck Aggies. The new Ute QB, whoever it ends up being, has a lot of pressure on him, we'll see what he's made of. Can't Wait!!

• AJ
    Sept. 3, 2009 12:07 a.m.

Nice work Utah! Welcome to the world of college football. How does it feel to be ranked in major polls for the first time ever? That's cute. Most all other Utah schools have already done this many times.

• Re:socalFaggy
    Sept. 3, 2009 12:16 a.m.

I can't stop laughing you are really funny. I'm sure you are the idiot that was trying to brag up the Utes amazing success anyways.

Why would Utah ever leave the top of a conference only to find itself in the middle of another.

We head to BCS games every few years anyways. That considered there isn't much of an advantage of moving to the Pac-10. But way make yourself look like a typical inbreed hill billy from where...?

• re: Interesting
    Sept. 3, 2009 12:16 a.m.

USU also plays the band after showing opponents new hand signals learned at school to show mom and dad. They must be so proud of their boys at USU.

• RE: AJ
    Sept. 3, 2009 12:20 a.m.

Shouldn't you be dropping your sister off from the date you took her on? It is after midnight and isn't that when the HG goes to bed?

Zoobie...

Sure do look forward to your slaughter on Saturday!!!

The Y will be the laughing stock of college football this year as they have volunteered to expose to the nation the true state of their program. At least 5 losses this year guaranteed.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 3, 2009 12:20 a.m.

You dim wits, Utah has been in the FINAL ranking (the only one that matters) at #4 in 2004 and #2 in 2008. And saying its more likely that we beat USU 100 times than joining the PAC-10 is an insult to your own team. Man the haters are up and jealous tonight. I'll be there tomorrow night, get your butts in your seats before kickoff! GO UTES!!!

• Ute Guy
    Sept. 3, 2009 12:32 a.m.

AJ how long have you been on planet Earth or is this your first football season? Are you thinking of Utah State up in Logan?

• re:AJ
    Sept. 3, 2009 12:32 a.m.

Nice work, BYU fan! Glad you still remember what the world of college football is like. How does it feel to go to a BCS game? Oh... ummm... sorry... I forgot the "Golden Age" for BYU football ended in 1985.

As for the Aggies, I hope Gary Anderson turns the program into a powerhouse. Someone needs to end the Boise State reign in the WAC.

• To AJ
    Sept. 3, 2009 12:32 a.m.

Most Utah schools have been ranked?? Who besides Utah and BYU have ever been ranked in any major poll.

• Re: AJ.......
    Sept. 3, 2009 12:48 a.m.

What bubble did you pop in from? Let me guess.... Provo bubble along with all the other jealous zoobies commenting on this article.

FYI, the article stated that this is the first time the Utes have been rated in both major PRESEASON polls. If you followed college football you would know this. BTW, Utah has finished in the top 10 in both major polls twice in the last five years.

Welcome to the world of college football.

• @ SoCalAggie
    Sept. 3, 2009 1:07 a.m.

I guess your USC and UCLA pals forgot the MWC was 6-1 against the PAC-10 last year including a UCLA beatdown by BYU and the Utes defeating Oregon St. who had beaten USC.

• @AJ
    Sept. 3, 2009 1:10 a.m.

Well better to be on the way up then down Cosmo!

• Utefan
    Sept. 3, 2009 4:12 a.m.

I see the trolls from Happy Valley have been commenting about things which they know nothing about - AGAIN!! Are things so dull in Provo that they have nothing better to do but embarrass themselves?! GO UTES!!

• RH
    Sept. 3, 2009 4:48 a.m.

AJ is right. Take in all levels of college football in the state and you will see that Weber State begins ranked this year too, as well as Snow College. SLCC is ranked once in awhile too; not to mention Dixie State. And while it has been years Utah State was ranked on a regular basis way back in the 1960s. Also as several highly respected coaches around the country will tell you; any team can beat any team on any given day. I watched a couple of the USU games last year and if they had had about about another five or six minutes USU just may have had a couple of more wins last year. One being against BYU.

• Goose
    Sept. 3, 2009 5:23 a.m.

This is a great in state game! Driving from Logan and supporting the real football teams, is like having a Coke with Caffeine! Not worth my drive further south! Go aggies/utes!

• re:socalaggie
    Sept. 3, 2009 6:08 a.m.

Smart friends. I'm sure they're getting advanced degrees.

• Go Ags
    Sept. 3, 2009 6:54 a.m.

I hope its a good a show. Nothing like a sell out crowd for Utah vs USU game. Good luck. Please make it a competitive game!!!!!

• Scott
    Sept. 3, 2009 7:00 a.m.

Utah should not be playing Utah State. Unless they can at least give us a competitive game - and that hasn't happened for years, it is a no win situation for the Utes.

As we improve our national standing, we need to be playing teams from the Pac 10, Big 10, etc. When you are a big boy you need to play the big boys!

I look forward to where our recent success gets us where we want to be - the PAC 10!

Go Utes (will win tonight by 48)!

• Real Game in Dallas
    Sept. 3, 2009 7:18 a.m.

Nice to get some coverage for the JV game, or the undercard, or whatever you want to call this Utah'Utah State game.

Go Cougars!!

• Aggie grad, long time Utah fan
    Sept. 3, 2009 7:52 a.m.

To be completely honest, I love both schools. Going to this game is almost the highlight of the season for me because I get to see friends come into town for the game and catch up with all my Aggie buddies. As far as it being one sided, yes it has been. However, to me this game is far more than a game, its a chance to connect with old friends and have a good time. Isn't that what sport is about? Having fun and being competitive? I just wish for it to be a good clean game and maybe a closer game than normal ^^ GO UTES!! GO AGGIES!! WOOOOO!!!

• @ socalaggie
    Sept. 3, 2009 7:58 a.m.

I love that you list "your buddies" as your source. Well i just talked to "my buddies" and they said that "your buddies" are wrong and my dad is stronger than your dad!!!!! As much as i appreciate you bringing some inside scoop from "your buddies" maybe you should find some real sources!!!!!!

• ron in oc
    Sept. 3, 2009 8:04 a.m.

what does MUSS stand for??

• Anonymous
    Sept. 3, 2009 8:07 a.m.

Only way the aggies win is if Utah has 5 turnovers and USU can turn those into points. Utah covers the spread.

Not any team can beat any other team on any given day. That is pure BS. Sure, it is a PC thing to say, but few coaches actually believe that. There is a huge difference between the top twenty teams in the country and the bottom 20. The wost team in the country will never beat the top team in the country. Ever.

• Utah girl am I
    Sept. 3, 2009 8:22 a.m.

Can everyone just stop?! It's GAME DAY!!! Let's all be happy and smack talk AFTER we play on the field!! utah will win, no doubt, but I can't wait!!!! I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!!

GO UTES!!!!

• re: Real Game in Dallas
    Sept. 3, 2009 8:32 a.m.

Except that when you usually have a marquee event, both participants have a shot to win.

Saturday's massacre will be fun to watch. BYU will singlehandedly undo what Utah and TCU did last year for the MWC, in the first half!

FYI - Your Cougars host Utah State in a few short weeks. Silly Cougar fans.

• Comments on GA
    Sept. 3, 2009 8:40 a.m.

Gary Andersen said "something those at Utah State need to understand. There's work to do in order to turn things around."

And something else that the Aggies have to understand is that I wouldn't expect an upset tonight. Look for more of the same with Utah dominating both sides of the ball. If USU does win tonight I'll eat my own shoes. But the fact is USU has a lot of work to do before they will be able to compete with Utah again.

The best advice and can give the Aggies is to be patient. I believe the time will come that you will post a win over the likes of Utah or Boise State. But it's not going to start this season. So be patient and go out there and support your program. It will be fun to see Andersen change the face of USU football but it will be slow and steady and not an overnight change.

Go Utes! And here's to the future of USU football.

• Sold out?
    Sept. 3, 2009 8:44 a.m.

How is this sorry excuse for a rivalry football game sold out? I gave my tickets away to my neighbor because I know one thing. This game will be boring.

Sorry Aggies if you wasted your money on this. Because your team will lose by 30+ points.

My guess
    Utah 52
    USU 14

• Re: anonymous
    Sept. 3, 2009 8:52 a.m.

Top twenty teams do lose now and then in what many people consider unloaable games. But they usually drop out of the rankings when they do. Michigan losing to Appalachian State comes to mind.

• GO AGGIES!
    Sept. 3, 2009 8:53 a.m.

Utah State is going to shock the Utes and beat them. I can't stand coach Anderson (he betrayed So. Utah)...but I do hope Ut. State wins.

GO AGGIES!!!!!

• A Utah Man am I
    Sept. 3, 2009 8:57 a.m.

The tailgate, the game, the post game will all be good. The Utes will cover the spread, but State will give us a hard fought first half before they just flat wear out in the 2nd half. It would be nice if this turns into a blowout so the 2nd and 3rd teams can get some reps, unlike last year when Ludwig left the first team out there for the whole game. GO UTES!

• re: Real Game in Dallas
    Sept. 3, 2009 9:05 a.m.

To the zoob who thinks BYU is always the headline act: Just remember last year when Utah opened at the Big House against Michigan and the zoobs were home playing Southwest Dakota State or something? And remember when Utah played Alabama in the Sugar Bowl on national TV when the zoobs were sitting home crying?

• re: Comments on GA
    Sept. 3, 2009 9:11 a.m.

Aggie fan here and I agree mostly with your points. I am hopeful but not expecting a win. Utah finished #2 in the nation last year and garnered my respect with the 'physical' win over Alabama. Utah is one of the top teams in the nation. Some of the Ute fans (maybe just the ones on this board) need to learn some class and conduct themselves like fans of a top twenty program - you need to ditch the little-man syndrome!

• @RE: AJ
    Sept. 3, 2009 9:15 a.m.

Glad to see that the conversation immediately goes to the topic of BYU, even though this is a Utah-Utah State article. Uoobies still live in the shadow of the Cougs. The team up north spends most of its time saying "look at me."

• Anonymous
    Sept. 3, 2009 9:26 a.m.

MUS = Mighty Utah Student Section

• Ernest T. Bass
    Sept. 3, 2009 9:26 a.m.

It appears there may be more than 3 Aggie fans.
    Who knew?
    Unless it's the same guy using three monikers.
    When Utah goes to the Pac10, USU can join the Big Sky and byu can take USU's place in the WAC.

• Dish
    Sept. 3, 2009 9:28 a.m.

I have Dish Network & the Sports Pack, can I see this game?

• re MUSS
    Sept. 3, 2009 9:36 a.m.

MUSS=mighty Utah student section\
    It is in the school song.

• Ute4Life
    Sept. 3, 2009 9:40 a.m.

Re: Ron in Oc... stands for Might Utah Student Section. MUSS is actually a word from the Fight Song.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 3, 2009 9:42 a.m.

go usu heck yes my bro is in the usu fans pic

• Anonymous
    Sept. 3, 2009 9:50 a.m.

>Just remember last year

Congratulations to the University of Utah on a solid football season last year! I think it's nice that Utah fans have had a couple of chances to experience what BYU fans have been experiencing on a regular basis for decades.

• Ute4Life
    Sept. 3, 2009 9:55 a.m.

@RE: AJ .... Still live in the shadow of ybu? Wow... you still live in the shadow of that rock you've been living under?

You might wanna back up and take a look at what you're doing:

- You are on a Utah/Utah State article
    - Talking about your beloved ybu

The Utes don't spend any time saying 'look at me'. They actually just go out and get it done on the field. Your team on the other hand... likes to print out t-shirts that profess things yet to happen. So which team spends their time saying 'look at me'?

And now back to relevant items...

If the Utes bring their A game and don't overlook the Ags they should win comfortably.

• MUSS
    Sept. 3, 2009 9:59 a.m.

Is that the group of 20 students at Ute basketball games?! Come to the Spectrum and we'll show you what a student section is all about.

USU won't win tonight but they'll beat the spread. The football program is on the upswing.

Also, I agree with Utah having little man's syndrome...stop acting like Cougars already.

GO AGGIES!

• plyxply
    Sept. 3, 2009 10:03 a.m.

Utah State has a chance to win this game, and if a few things go right early, and Utah struggles to move the ball for whatever reason, this will me closer than anyone expects. Utah fans will be eerily quiet early in the game and us Aggies will be yelling while it lasts. The Aggies will rise again and once again become the dominant football program in the state of Utah.

• Re: re MUSS
    Sept. 3, 2009 10:04 a.m.

It is in the school song, but "Mighty Utah Student Section" was a moniker and acronym assigned to it after the MUSS was formed...it was never in the original plans, but happened to work out.

• plyxply
    Sept. 3, 2009 10:06 a.m.

and the Aggie band rocks, just cause yours is lame and can only play once in awhile instead of all the time don't try and drag down the USU band to your level.

• Comments
    Sept. 3, 2009 10:07 a.m.

If this were a BYU vs Utah game day posts would number over 200 by now. Just goes to show how little people care. Fill the stadium full of Aggie fans for all I care. Utah won't need the MUSS, or a QB tonight.

Utah 66
    USU 3

• re: 9:15AM
    Sept. 3, 2009 10:16 a.m.

Actually naive Cougar fan, let me help you comprehend what really took place.

The FOURTH post on this article was a Cougar fan taking a shot at the Utes for being ranked in both polls to start a season for the first time.

It must be a great life to be so oblivious to what really goes on in the world.

I don't blame the poster though. If Utah was on track to lose by 30+ points in their opener, I'd spend time reading articles from my rival too.

• Re; Dish
    Sept. 3, 2009 10:22 a.m.

Why on earth would you want to watch this game? The Florida vs Charleston Southern will be more exciting. But if your a football fan the the game you should be watching tonight is Boise St vs Oregon.

• Cosmo's Cousin
    Sept. 3, 2009 10:23 a.m.

I think we will see an upset tonight. Utah has a whole new set of players and coaches who don't know what they're doing.

The Aggies, on the other hand, have nothing to lose and will come out motivated.

BTW, Ute fans, after losing tonight, you won't be able to get pay back until 2012 the next time you play USU.

BYU will have played in some BCS bowl games by then!

• Still Waiting
    Sept. 3, 2009 10:25 a.m.

The Utes can overlook the Aggies and still demolish them. The Aggies are small potatoes and an easy win, as well San Jose State. That's why I'm not worried about this game. The season really starts for the Utes when they play Oregon. The QB situation will have worked itself out by than.

• 34-17
    Sept. 3, 2009 10:32 a.m.

"I think it's nice that Utah fans have had a couple of chances to experience what BYU fans have been experiencing on a regular basis for decades."

Whatever, BYU hasn't had any real success since '84 when they got lucky. In fact, the questionable '84 National Championship brought us the BCS system. Thanks.

• GoRed
    Sept. 3, 2009 10:39 a.m.

I disagree with Kyle, this game is not good for the state, and not good for Utah. It's only good for the Aggies. Utah gets no upside on this game, and as a season ticket holder, I would love to see this game replaced by anyone else (so long as Div I).

• MUSS
    Sept. 3, 2009 10:55 a.m.

mighty utah state section

• Battle of Brothers?
    Sept. 3, 2009 10:56 a.m.

Given Utah's recent preference for Texas high schoolers over Utah recruits, is it really appropriate to continue calling this the Battle of Brothers? As of today's 15 verbal commits for the class of 2010, Utah has 8 from Texas, 5 from California, and 2 from Utah (Joe Krueger and JC Snow transfer Star Lotulelei).
    If I were a high school player in Utah with serious D-1 potential, I'd have better luck focusing on recruiting by the likes of Notre Dame, BYU and PAC 10 schools.

• Upset Unlikely
    Sept. 3, 2009 11:22 a.m.

It's amazing how Kyle has forgotten how to coach and Gary knows everything about coaching. That's why a lot of people are picking the upset, since Gary knows so much about the Utes. The Utes' program is far superior than the Aggies, so I'm not worried. The upset will look likely when it's close at the half, but Utah will blow it away in the third. Remember Aggie fans, your beloved team had a total of 34 yards in one half against the Utes' starters last year. Do you really think it's going to be any different this year? The QB's will have challenges for the Utes, but it's not like your defense has proven anything in over 10 years. Gary will do great in years to come, but this year he's starting from the beginning, so it's not going to look pretty.
    Utah State-14 Utah-10 at the half
    Utah-38 Utah State-21 final
    Be happy Aggie fans, it will be the closest margin in over a decade, so that's almost like a victory.

• Upset
    Sept. 3, 2009 11:38 a.m.

New QB and mostly new offense. I predict the Utes won't get things going till the second half.

I predict the Aggies win by at least 7

GO AGGIES!

• Mars
    Sept. 3, 2009 11:44 a.m.

Oh the intelligence of these arguments.

Utah will win, but USU will compete.

This will not be a "we don't care" game. This will not be a gimme game. This will not be a blow out. Even Gordon Monson (Ute homer and psuedo-"Aggie hater") said so himself.

There is a chance USU will pull out the upset. We'll have to pressure the QB, stop the run game, and execute execute execute. Teams with less caliber athleticism *MUST* execute in order to gain the advantage.

Real world prediction: USU 24, Utah 34

Aggie homer prediction (wouldn't it be great?!) USU 21, Utah 14

GO AGGIES!!!

• RE BATTLE OF BROTHERS
    Sept. 3, 2009 11:53 a.m.

I think we should start calling it "this is not a battle, brother!"

• Re: Battle of the Brothers.
    Sept. 3, 2009 11:55 a.m.

Hypocrite much? Utah will stop recruiting from Texas when BYU stops recruiting from the middle of the pacific.

• re: Battle of Brothers
    Sept. 3, 2009 12:08 p.m.

What point are you trying to make? Texas and California have shown to produce 10 times the football talent that the state of Utah has. Of course Utah would prefer to take a 3-Star kid from Texas over Utah. They are better athletes, and have a higher ceiling.

Utah will go after in-state kids that are atheletic and talented. BYU can have the Utah kids who are "good spirits" that fit in at the Y.

I think 2 BCS trips to 0 shows how that decision is going.

FYI - Utah picked up 4 of the top 8 Utah kids in 2009, BYU had 1. Utah is still in the running for the best Utah prosepect for 2010, Ricky Heimuli, BYU is not. The 2010 Utah high school class is not nearly as highly regarded as the 2009, that is why Utah has gone to Texas and California. BYU is getting the average kids from Utah, except the coaches kids.

• plyxply
    Sept. 3, 2009 1:00 p.m.

so the Utah fans get to brag for a few years, it's always cyclical and for years USU would smack the Utes around and make fun of them and would wonder why they even bothered playing Utah cause it was a no-win situation. Some day in our lifetimes it will once again be the True Aggie Blue from Logan dominating the landscape in the state.

• HA ha ha ha
    Sept. 3, 2009 1:14 p.m.

really? you people are predicting that USU is going to beat utah @ utah... if only gambling was legal in this state...

• Deth
    Sept. 3, 2009 1:26 p.m.

"The Utes have won the last 11 games against the Aggies, prevailing by an average of more than three touchdowns and a field goal."

I would have phrased this "an average of more than 12 safeties" That makes more sense to me. Or I would have said "24 points". How about that Dirk?

Are you like a high school kid that tries to lengthen the report by using more words than necessary?

• Anonymous
    Sept. 3, 2009 1:30 p.m.

One quote in the story sticks out: "Both coaches, though, are quick to agree that the coaching is overrated and it's all about the players."

It all comes down to recruiting top athletes with proven ability. Why do such players choose one school over another? Past reputation of teams? Coaches personality and persuasivness? Scholarship money? Chances for high quality education? Possible playing time?

You rabid fans are the experts, but I expect that if you look at how much USU gets for a budget from the legislature vs. how much the U gets for a budget, you'll wonder if the playing field is level for anything at the two schools, including being competetive with each other in intercollegiate athletics.

That's why everyone is so thrilled when a middle tier school beats up on a BCS school. The big boys have the bucks (from whatever source) and the tradition (read "record") to get the best players. Now, tell me if USU stands a chance? Only with luck.

Football has become a business. USU doesn't have enough chips to stay in the game for long, but I'll be rooting for them anyway. GO AGGIES!

• Division1AA
    Sept. 3, 2009 1:43 p.m.

Utah State needs to join Division 1AA. They can win some games, and start a new rivalry with Weber State, or Montana State or Dixie. USU has should not be playing Division 1 football. Skyline High -- most years -- fields better athletes than USU.

• Game tonight
    Sept. 3, 2009 1:53 p.m.

Who's all going to the Utah vs USU(University Southern Uzbekistan) game tonight? Should be a real good one.
    NOT. I'd rather give my mother-in-law a back rub than watch tonight's game.

I'd wish the Utes luck tonight, but even with all the bad luck in the world they'd still win the game by 20+ points. I will however, be a good fan, and wish the Aggies luck because they'll need it just to go back to Logan alive.

Go UUUUUUUTES!

• To Ute Fans:
    Sept. 3, 2009 2:10 p.m.

To all you Utah fans who keep patting themselves on the back just because Utah beat an extremely weak Michigan team last year, get over yourselves. It wasn't that great of a victory. Also, Utah beat an Alabama team that could have cared less about the game. Only a week before they were playing Florida to see who would be in the BCS champtionship game. Bama had a big let down when they found out they were stuck with the lowely Utes. Face it, your team and school isn't that great.

• re: 1AA
    Sept. 3, 2009 2:10 p.m.

I agree, but I don't think USU could start a rivalry with Weber or Montana. It is hard to call it a rivalry when you lose. USU would have a hard getting wins in the big sky, maybe they should drop down to Division 3, or 8 man football to collect their wins.

• Mang
    Sept. 3, 2009 2:28 p.m.

Geez, what a bunch of sour grapes on these posts! Football is a game - if you don't want to attend or listen to the game, then don't. Who cares? But why badmouth the folks who love the Utes and will attend no matter who they are playing? There are actually a lot of REAL fans (not bandwagoneers). Utah v. USU isn't BYU v. Oklahoma, so why not wait until the latter game is played to comment. Some of you people really do need to get a life - somehow, somewhere!!

• Anonymous
    Sept. 3, 2009 2:29 p.m.

Isn't trash talking fun? Makes you all look kind of childish, but I guess that is your right.

Few expect the Aggies to win, but a good game would be a huge step in the right direction for this program.

You can trash talk all you want. I'll still be watching and cheering.

• BYU and the U's opponent
    Sept. 3, 2009 2:31 p.m.

Go get 'em Aggies!!!

• PAC12, YES
    Sept. 3, 2009 2:35 p.m.

Talk of additions to the PAC10 are speculative. Utah may be invited, they may not. However, people who think Utah, if chosen, will be a mid-level PAC12 team are even worse speculators. What they don't consider is that Utah (or any other school) would benefit from the PAC 12 allure when going after better rated recruits. Utah typically loses them now. Better recruits should equal an even better Utah team. So, if all else is equal, and Utah (which already has easily measured success against not just PAC 10 teams but other BCS teams, too), it's fair to "speculate" that Utah would be a tough and credible addition to that conference. While that happens, those same PAC 10 teams would be losing some of their own blue chip recruits to the new competition. Middle of the pack? No way.

• re: re: 9:15AM
    Sept. 3, 2009 2:36 p.m.

He was just stating a fact for all of the Johnny-come-lately Utah fans who think Utah football has a long history of excellence

• Tonight?
    Sept. 3, 2009 2:44 p.m.

Is there a game tonight?

• MUSS? Seriously?
    Sept. 3, 2009 2:53 p.m.

Mighty Utah Student Section? Sounds like the name of some "collective" out of the old Soviet Union or Communist China. :-)

Don't get me wrong, I'll take Utah over BYU or USU when I want to watch a good football game. I just think it's a funny name.

• ALL AMERICAN HAWK
    Sept. 3, 2009 2:54 p.m.

ALL RIGHT AGGIES!LET'S BEAT THE THE PEMMICAN OUT OF THESE UTES SO THAT
    THE REST OF THE MWC WILL BE ABLE TO FINISH THE JOB! THIS OLD COUGAR WANTS TO SEE IT HAPPEN!

• Anonymous
    Sept. 3, 2009 3:14 p.m.

ANYONE TALKING ABOUT BYU AND UTAH RECORDS AND SUCH, YOUR LOSERS. THIS IS ABOUT THE UTAH AND USU GAME, STAY FOCUS ON THE PRESENT, LOSERS!!!!

• heehee
    Sept. 3, 2009 3:15 p.m.

iF YOU THINK USU IS GONNA WIN YOU HAVE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU

• Sally Green
    Sept. 3, 2009 3:20 p.m.

Ute fans, You are very rude, I hope you are proud of yourself.

• Utah state's hope
    Sept. 3, 2009 3:32 p.m.

Tonight USU has a rare legitimate chance of beating Utah. With the Utes starting a QB that is new to the system, Misi not playing, new coaches, many new offensive players, etc... They must try everything they have to win. They may not get another like this for several years. Tonight is best chance to snap the 11 game winning streak!

• Dear Desnews readers,
    Sept. 3, 2009 3:32 p.m.

I am just writing to tell you that Utah State will win tonight. I will also get a date with Lisa.

Regards,
    Screech from Saved by the Bell

• Hypothetical Question
    Sept. 3, 2009 3:41 p.m.

If Utah forfeited tonights game would they still win?

• Show me the scottsman...
    Sept. 3, 2009 3:53 p.m.

who doesn't love the thistle!

• Ute Fan
    Sept. 3, 2009 3:55 p.m.

Good luck utes I have nothing against the aggies and hope after tonight they go on for much success. As for the guys down south good luck try and not to to make a laughing stock out of the Mountain west

• Show me the Englishman,
    Sept. 3, 2009 4:00 p.m.

Who doesn't love the rose!

• Re; Hypothetical Question
    Sept. 3, 2009 4:08 p.m.

If the Utes subsituted the East High football team to play in their place, what would the margin of victory be for East High?

• Re: Dear Desnews readers,
    Sept. 3, 2009 4:11 p.m.

You should have left off the "from Saved by the Bell" part. If they don't know who that is, they don't deserve to laugh at the joke (which was great by the way).

See you at the Max!

• Screech
    Sept. 3, 2009 4:21 p.m.

I will be at the max! I hope lisa comes too!

• BleedCougarBlue
    Sept. 3, 2009 4:21 p.m.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Aggies beat the Utes?

• Ricky Rubio
    Sept. 3, 2009 4:49 p.m.

I am a byu fan. GO cougarettes!

• BYU Fan
    Sept. 3, 2009 5:14 p.m.

I don't get it: when utah played alabama, most byu fans (or at least the decent ones) rooted for utah and were happy that they won. Now when byu plays oklahoma, it appears that every ute fan on the planet will be watching the game with anticipation...and they're looking for a byu to get blown out, which makes no sense since byu winning would help their team a good deal. Seriously, people.

• Re: BYU Fan
    Sept. 3, 2009 5:39 p.m.

I for one as a UTE fan was rooting for BYU. That was until some of your fans started posting comments. I know, I know there are idiot UTE posters, but it is interesting to me that most of the BYU fans that post are the same as those they criticize. They just can't see it through their blinders... I for one get tired of being told that I as a UTE fan, am either a mormon hater or I got rejected by BYU. The fact is that I am not a mormon hater and I never wanted to go to BYU. I am a UTE and a UTE by choice not because my daddy and grandaddy were fans...

• Re: Hypothetical Question
    Sept. 3, 2009 5:52 p.m.

Another hypothetical question but first let me give some background info. My son plays QB for his little league team. He is really athletic, fast, and has a good arm if I say so myself.

What would be the margin of victory if my son started QB for the Utes?

• FL UTE
    Sept. 3, 2009 7:21 p.m.

Listening on radio...
    3-0 usu early, Ute turnover on fumble

What the heck Utes! C'mon, these are the Aggies we are playing! Don't give the zoobs any fodder!

GOOOOOOO UTES!!

• why's the game not on the MTN???
    Sept. 3, 2009 8:13 p.m.

Im in California and can not get the game on the MTN. Is anyone else having trouble with the MTN on Direct TV??