Utah

Hotline topic: women's reproductive health

Comments

• Ann
    Aug. 6, 2009 10:09 p.m.

Hormones are needed throughout life. The synthetic ones have harmful side effects. Bioidentical hormones are safer and healthier.

Women and men have a right to feel better, and have balanced hormones.

• Solymnar
    Aug. 7, 2009 8:51 a.m.

We have a right of pursuit...but not neccesarily a right to treatment just on the basis of being born.

AKA no one should be denied treatment if they wish to pursue it. But just because someone wants something doesn't mean they should automatically get it. That's like saying everyone has a right to big screen TV and a wonderful couch because it makes them feel better.

They have a right to pursue getting a TV and couch.

Additionally for some there is no good way to balance their hormones properly without heavy side effects, too many unique cases that are not fully understood yet.

• Almost a graduate
    Aug. 7, 2009 10:27 a.m.

I think you mispoke. They are called "Harmones".

• Jeralyn
    Aug. 7, 2009 11:35 a.m.

I had plastic surgery and a bladder repair there. I received excellant care from my nurses, surgery team, Dr. Clayton and Dr. Larsen.

• Yvonne
    Aug. 7, 2009 12:07 p.m.

I had a hysterectomy at Alta View in 2004. Although it was medically necessary it was emotionally difficult, but the care and concern I received was incredible, making it a little easier. The nurses and CNA's were all so kind and caring. I had another surgery last summer and was fortunate to be able to spend another night at the Women's Center.

• To Solymnar
    Aug. 8, 2009 9:29 a.m.

Let's see, sounds like your harping against health reform, and you're taking the "my wallet over your life" Repug stance. Not that you care what I think, but how can you be so mean? "If the sick are going to die, let them do it, and decrease the surplus population," right?