Utah Jazz: Boozer keeps talking trade

Return to Utah unlikely, but he insists there's no hard feelings if he does

Comments

• Playoff performance
    July 28, 2009 11:49 p.m.

Boozer kept talking about his great playoff performance..... Really???

• Shane
    July 28, 2009 11:51 p.m.

Good riddance. Can't wait til this guy is gone so we can stop talking about him.

He talks so big, but has done very little. Buyer beware. Boozer is all about himself and not much else.

• todd from santa ana
    July 29, 2009 12:26 a.m.

Boozie is a Doozie

Jazz now with Boozie and same exact roster for 2009-2010 try and hold off New Orleans, Cloppers, Phoenix and Houston for maybe last 2 western conference playoff spots.

• Boozer must prove his worth
    July 29, 2009 1:55 a.m.

Boozer is an overpaid player, he doesn't deserve what he is currently receiving right now, he has to prove himself this coming season that's he's worth it, whether he plays for Utah or other team, otherwise no team will try to acquire him with his high demands in terms of salary, unless he is willing to lower his desired salary

• Anonymous
    July 29, 2009 2:16 a.m.

Boozer supposedly fired Rob Pelinka as his agent after the debacle with Cleveland. It looks like he has him back. Big surprise.

• Don't let the door hit you on...
    July 29, 2009 3:36 a.m.

So Boozer is set to make $12.7 million next year.... And he has the nerve to tell all of us how difficult this economy is. Give me a freakin' break. NBA players are so out of touch with reality. I'm currently unemployed and paying my water and electric bill with a credit card. I have a BA and 10 years of work experience, but come next week I hope to work as a telemarketer.

The real kicker is that he things he deserves a raise. If I missed 134 work days out of the last 267, I would be unemployed. Oh wait, I am unemployed even though I hadn't taken vacation in two years and missed two days due to illness.

Boozer...what a piece of work. Good riddance indeed.

• Boise Bill
    July 29, 2009 5:30 a.m.

Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money,Money, Money, Money, Money, Money,Money, Money, Money, Money, Money,Money, Money, Money, Money, Money.

That's all that's important to him.

Bye Bye Boozer!

• Scott
    July 29, 2009 6:46 a.m.

The Jazz are a 2nd tier team with or without Boozer. They don't matter in the big picture anyway.

• Anonymous
    July 29, 2009 6:52 a.m.

He has menatally checked out. Trade him to the worst small market team in the NBA.

• change my mind
    July 29, 2009 6:56 a.m.

Every time boozer gets interviewed he shows more what a jack --- he is! Dominate!?! Please! He doesn't even dominate on offense alone. I was starting to look forward to one more run of the current Jazz team but no wonder no body will give up a decent player. Remember what Boston gave up for garnett....shows how valuable Boozer really is!

• really?
    July 29, 2009 7:14 a.m.

I'm surprised he hasn't been on New York radio claiming how much he wants to play in New York and loves the town....etc...blah blah blah. I think it is the only city in the USA that he hasn't claimed is "his" first choice. I hope he ends up in Toronto.

• IdahoJazzFan
    July 29, 2009 7:16 a.m.

Bye bye Boozer! The sooner the better!

• Ghost
    July 29, 2009 7:21 a.m.

I read an article yesterday that says "sources close to Odem" say the Odem is going sign with the Heat today. If he does sign, they would go after Boozer and be willing to trade Beasley for Boozer. That would be a great trade, I hope it happens. Can't wait to get rid of Boozer.

• Shut up Boozer
    July 29, 2009 7:26 a.m.

I love that the Jazz told Boozer to shut up!

• Excuse me . . .
    July 29, 2009 7:30 a.m.

"Dominating in the NBA AGAIN?" I must have missed the news release when he EVER dominated the NBA. All I remember is him being injury-prone and riding the pines.

• ND Jazz Fan
    July 29, 2009 7:31 a.m.

To bad every year wasnt a contract year maybe Boozer could have played through his "injuries". Makes me sick that he only can have a GREAT year during contract time. Good riddens!!

• Issues
    July 29, 2009 7:37 a.m.

Boozer has issues. Poor guy.

• ute fan
    July 29, 2009 7:40 a.m.

Enough is enough of Boozer. Let him go and lets get on without him. The Jazz will be 100% better without this phoney.

• liberal larry
    July 29, 2009 7:44 a.m.

If Boozer had an ounce of integrity he would have opted out of his contract and faced the free agent market to gauge his "true" worth. Much of the business I do is with a handshake, I wouldn't go near someone with the ethics of this guy.

• Jordan
    July 29, 2009 7:46 a.m.

I say lets keep Boozer. he can play back up for Paul, and prove just what a "Power" he is in the NBA if he can beat out Milsap for the starting position, then it will help him as a free Agent, otherwise he can wine and sulk and have a mediocre season, most likely injured, and then no one will draft him. If he wants to get his huge contract he will have to step up and actually play Basketball, and take us farther than the first round in the playoffs. And that means playing harder than he did this year. but most likely he'll fizzel out and go play in Europe.

• FDR
    July 29, 2009 8:01 a.m.

"Don't let the door hit you on..." said perfectly and to the point. Oh How I wish the entire league would get cleaned up. And then we as fans would love the game once again. It is in ruins now as I see it.

• Anonymous
    July 29, 2009 8:19 a.m.

nice one Jordan. yeah it will be a great day when Booze plays back up to MSap .. or gets traded to OKC, Memphis or Minny.

• Aaron
    July 29, 2009 8:20 a.m.

Since when did Boozer dominate in the NBA? He says he looks forward to dominating again. It must have been before he came to the Jazz.

• Like the Olympics?
    July 29, 2009 8:30 a.m.

He will dominte the NBA like he did the Olympics. Even his own college coach didn't see fit to use him much, even though most of the games wer absolute blowouts. I used to bve supportive of him, but like most Jazz fans, I'd jut like to see everyone move on. The trade can't come soon enough.

• Why backup?
    July 29, 2009 8:38 a.m.

Why have him play backup to Paul. Let him dominate in Orem! Loozer.

• Nevada fan
    July 29, 2009 8:46 a.m.

re Jordon: I agree keep him hostage for this last year. Guaranteed he be animal on the court cause that's the only way he'll get even close to the money he wants.

• Kayne
    July 29, 2009 8:54 a.m.

If he can still play 20-15 next season then he will be Wade's BIG ROBIN!!!cant imagine Miami playing WADE, ONEAL and BOOZER at the same time... plus the sensational rookie CHANDLER!!!!

• Craig
    July 29, 2009 8:55 a.m.

He is under contract by his own choice. He is being unethical by talking about playing for other teams. Keep it up and the Jazz should terminated his contract.

• Payback Hurts!
    July 29, 2009 9:04 a.m.

Payback is a son-of-a-gun. Boozer and the Jazz are getting what they deserve. Boozer for the way he left the Cavaliers and signed with the Jazz, and the Jazz for signing him under the conditions he left Cleveland. Boozer has continued to show his classless me first attitude to us as fans here and now to the rest of the league by his recent statements. The Utah Jazz are just getting a pay back by other team owners and GM's for taking this decietful jerk under the conditions at that time with Cleveland. It was a big mistake for the Utah Jazz to have ever signed Booze then and they are now getting the cold shoulder by other teams for doing that! What goes around comes around. Fitting!

• Agree with Don't let the door hi
    July 29, 2009 9:08 a.m.

I totally agree...I am an unemployed attorney living in NYC, along with the other 8,000 lawyers who were layed-off during the first 3 months of this year...and this guy is talking about feeling the pinch of the economy and living and working in FL in order to have a little more in his bank account? Try 7 years of schooling and $110,000 in student loan debt....and in the midst of all this pain and suffering, I couldn't even relax and the enjoy the simple pleasure of watching my favorite NBA team have a good season, let alone make a decent playoff run.

• comma man
    July 29, 2009 9:15 a.m.

boozer is clueless,trade boozer,trade miles,trade williams,trade milsap,fire slaon

• Hollywood
    July 29, 2009 9:23 a.m.

trade,comma,man

• where's waldo
    July 29, 2009 9:25 a.m.

So where was Boozer yesterday - Miami or Chicago? Sounds like he interviewed on radio in both cities?

• JJ
    July 29, 2009 9:31 a.m.

my prediction: boozer on another team will be at best an average PF. Miami will not run the offense through him, does he think wades #1 priority will be to get him the ball? Does he think he will have a D-will caliber PG trying to get him the ball 90% of the time? Utahs system and D-will have made boozer better than he would be anywhere else in the NBA. If he stays I wonder how his team mates will respond to him. Boozer has certainly burned his bridges with the fans, but once he burns his bridges with his team mates, especially D-will, he will be lucky to get midlevel pay next year.

• good listen
    July 29, 2009 9:37 a.m.

The Chicago interview is a good listen - Boozer says at least twice "he can't" and has "been asked not to speak about" trade scenarios. FINALLY! I hope it was the league office that called him and said "shut up" - what your're doing violates your contract which you CHOSE TO OPT IN TO.

However, if Odom signs with Miami, I think that increases our chances to trade Boozer for Beasley and Haslem - which I wouldn't mind at all. Haslem may not be great but he's an excellent role player and an upgrade from Collins.

• Rob
    July 29, 2009 9:39 a.m.

Comma man -
    Seriously?
    Miles and boozer can go, but the rest?!

• Tommyk
    July 29, 2009 9:39 a.m.

Its KOC fault , he doesnt know what the heck he is going to do with boozer? if i was boozer I talk to anybody i want to talk to about, who cares if management want me to zip my lips , force a trade, because Jazz are not making any trades? hornets already made a huge trade and koc is sitting on his butts!!!

• He was in ...
    July 29, 2009 9:43 a.m.

Miami Monday and Chicago Tuesday.

• Their team, my money
    July 29, 2009 9:54 a.m.

Boozer quote: "...by talking to different teams and seeing what will make their team better."

So he chooses to opt-in for a Jazz paycheck but the Jazz are not his team?

I can't believe what he let's come out of his mouth. It's like he's five years old and hasn't developed any filters yet!

• Fine Him!!
    July 29, 2009 9:56 a.m.

The Jazz should fine him for conduct detrimental to the team!!

This guy opted IN and is under contract. Technically his status is NO different than any other player on the team.

What would happen if D-Will did a radio show in New York and said he would like to play there now?

Fine Bozo 12.7 million and contribute on the luxury tax the team will have to pay.

A few points:
    1. The Jazz are a small market team. When players go public and essentially try to force a trade the Jazz really have no choice but to either keep the player or make what would be viewed publicly as a VALUE trade. Otherwise every disgruntled Jazz player would just pout to the media and be on the bus to another team.

I really like the Jazz holding their ground here.

Bozo is really shooting himself in the foot. No matter how much he tries to force a trade in the media the Jazz hold all the cards. There is only downside for Boozer--bargain hunters only make offers and what happens if the trade does not happen and he has to play here?

Boozers dumb.

• Anonymous
    July 29, 2009 10:06 a.m.

Why do people even pay the price they ask for tictets. Who are the real dummies???

• Wow
    July 29, 2009 10:27 a.m.

Boozer would not be in the situation that he is currently in if he would have been "looking forward to a Monster season" about 3 or 4 years ago.
    Hmmmmmm, he must be coming up on a contract year.
    Thanks for your pat efforts Carlos 'I am only concerned about my contract' Boozer.

• Chadders
    July 29, 2009 10:31 a.m.

There is actually someone who is worse at PR than Boozer. Here is a quote from the man who is like KOC for Real Madrid:
    "For example, 12,000 euros (about $17k)is a year's salary for people here in Spain but I could spend that on a bottle of wine."
    he is talking about how spending 80 million Euros (about $112 million) on 1 player was an investment. Spain is going through a worse recession than the US I believe their unemployment is somewher in the 30-40% range.
    I couldn't belive anyone could be worse than Boozer but I was wrong.

• TODD ON BOYZER
    July 29, 2009 10:33 a.m.

Hee hee.. Let him go diseases have to be cured as they spread, Beasley for Boyzer great great idea!!!!!!i LOVE IT, THROW IN THE GREAT HASLEM WITH IT!!!!

yEAH Can we get Jerry West in to help get this deal done?

• Miles
    July 29, 2009 10:35 a.m.

@Rob....why would you trade CJ? He is cheap for a starter or role player. Look at what we pay Harpring, Korver and AK. Are you going to tell me that AK per minute based on pay is a better deal? Or Harpring or Korver. Stop complaining that we signed CJ to under 4 million. That is cheap.

• Old School in Augusta, GA
    July 29, 2009 10:46 a.m.

Carlos, Carlos, Carlos ....

If you really want to "dominate" AGAIN ... go back to Juneau.

You don't move your feet quick enough to "dominate" in the NBA.

Who have you been talkin' to, and where does the water come from that you've been drinkin' ??

It must be tainted Carlos, and it's affected you.

Do you believe your "new" friends are as concerned about you, as your "old" friends ?

How do you define HAPPINESS Carlos ?
    Has your definition changed ?
    Do you really think it can be bought with $$$ ?

You need to go back and experience more than 2 or 3 sunny days in the "wet town" you grew up in.
    Your values have gone way "out of wack".

You are still loved, but not many like you ... now.

• Make him earn it
    July 29, 2009 10:51 a.m.

Boozer has everything to prove this season about his desire, his health and his ability to work with his teammates.

I say keep him and see what kind of "fabulous playoff performance" he does this season.

• todd to chadders
    July 29, 2009 10:53 a.m.

Have fun tonight hope you are going to the game-i am sure you are referring to Ronaldo. I agree it is out of control.

Jazz Fans: It only gets better (not)

I have researched different media sites this am. Miami media surfing net I have read reporting that Camby and Kaman are still available.

This is what O Connor will attempt to do about this

nothing.....

• todd from santa ana
    July 29, 2009 10:57 a.m.

What about a package such as Boyzie for Camby throw in some rice or perhaps CJ (sorry Cj Koustos or Fez maybe get back Thornton

Dunleavy has an ego maybe he is silly like "nellie" take somone off out hands or AK perhaps, Kaman or Camby

DO IT

• u're fired!
    July 29, 2009 11:00 a.m.

What about after the season started and Boozer doesn't accept his role, doesn't perform, disgruntled, and become malignant in the lockroom. Can the Jazz suspend him without paY?

• RE: Ghost
    July 29, 2009 11:02 a.m.

RE your comment that Beasley for Boozer would be a "great trade". It might be, because Beasley is young and has real talent -- but I've also read more than once that he is a head case. What do you know about this? Is there any substance to it? We wouldn't want to trade one cancer for another . . . .

• Dee
    July 29, 2009 11:08 a.m.

Enough already...and we all thought Karl taked to much!

• true blue (jazz)
    July 29, 2009 11:11 a.m.

may be trade him to the team down south..

• Funny guy !!!!!
    July 29, 2009 11:16 a.m.

I am just laughing !!!!!!!!

The only thing that teams want from this child is his expiring contract. You really think anyone in their right mind would offer him a big deal after one good year and his history? You think he has been loafing now? Just wait tell he signs his next multi year deal.

He really thinks all this lip service erases everything he has not done on the court. Which I find totally hilarious that some people are that naive.

I remember last summer he was 100% healthy ,ready to dominate, and have a monster year. This guy just plagiarizes himself. Its like a broken record. Him and Wade would make a killer combo? Yeah he said the same thing about himself and Deron. We all know how that worked out.

I think you are a funny guy. Keep it up Boozer. We are watching him destroy yourself. These teams are not as stupid as you are. Karma is a !!!!! Enjoy yours

• Backup Milsap
    July 29, 2009 11:16 a.m.

If the Jazz can't trade him for something better before the beginning of the season, they should thank him for opting in his final year by backing up Milsap.

They've already said that Milsap is their future and that Boozer isn't in their future plans, so they shouldn't allow him to take playing time away from Milsap.

• Anonymous
    July 29, 2009 11:26 a.m.

IT DOES NOT MATTE WHAT BOOZER SAYS - He could be saying I look forward playing for Utah next season. I don't mind coming off the bench and backing up Millsap. I am willing to do anything to help the Jazz win. That is why I opted in.

The fact remains the Jazz are trying to trade him for a young talented player. Had the Chicago Trade gone through the Jazz would have traded Boozer for Thomas.

• Bozo
    July 29, 2009 11:26 a.m.

This guy is a duplicitous LIAR!!!

Whatever audience is in front of him he just makes up what he thinks they would like to hear. Truth has nothing to do with it.

Loyalty and integrity?

Fuget-about-it!!

• Gazelle
    July 29, 2009 11:36 a.m.

Carlos nobody cares what you say or what you think.
    In fact most people would prefer to not hear anything from you at all. Period !!!! So do us all a favor and bounce the ball and cash your ridiculous paychecks.

• Miles
    July 29, 2009 11:46 a.m.

Even though most on here think Boozer is unwanted in the real world, he is still considered one of the best PF's in the game on the offensive end. He may get a big contract next year. There are plenty of headcases in the NBA with big contracts.

• Good one JJ
    July 29, 2009 12:05 p.m.

Boozer is going to regret leaving Williams, Okur and the Jazz Offence. No were else will he get as many touches, get as much room to work inside, or get a point guard that can effectivly pass and wants to pass. He will not be happy being D-Wade's designated rebounder and he won't like wade getting on him to play D, and won't like being part of D-Wade's faceless sidekicks. Greener pastures? I think not. Boozer's best move is to play nice with the Jazz have a big year and work out a sign and trade

• Dominating???
    July 29, 2009 12:21 p.m.

"Dominating?" When did Boozer ever "dominate" in the NBA? He is a very good basketball player, don't get me wrong, but a dominant NBA player? I don't think so. Lebron, D-Wade, Kobe..., those guys are dominant.

• Your Stuck Jazz Fans
    July 29, 2009 12:30 p.m.

Management should have thought about the repercussions of this cancer when they took advantage of Cleveland and their poor blind owner years ago. Gund and the Cleveland faithful had been languishing at the bottom for years and then they get a couple building blocks(Booze and LeBron) when Booze tells them to release him and he would resign a long term contract. Well the rest is history. Booze punks them and signs with Utah and now we want someone to take him off from our hands? Give me a break, nobody in this league wants anything to do with Booze or Utah! DESERVED!

• Keep him as punishment
    July 29, 2009 12:37 p.m.

I think if he doesn't shape up, the Jazz should keep him around for another year and force him to sit on the sidelines out of uniform. At the end of a year with no playing time, will any of the other teams even remember his name?

• Pelinka???
    July 29, 2009 1:00 p.m.

Isn't he the agent who refused to represent Boozer on principle after the whole Cleveland - Utah fiasco several years ago? I guess money matters more to Pelinka than principle!

• Ghost
    July 29, 2009 1:15 p.m.

To RE: Ghost | 11:02 a.m. July 29, 20, I don't know if Beasley is a head case. I know that he has been working hard in the off season to become a small forward. Miami was thinking that they would move hi to small forward this year if they couldn't get Odem or if the got Boozer. I know he is a great talent and very young. He is only 20 years old and has some growing up to do. I think he could fit in well with the Jazz if he is willing to work and it appears that he is.

• Carlos Loozer
    July 29, 2009 1:22 p.m.

I never felt good in the first place when O'Connor 'swindled away' Boozer from the Cavs. I lost my respect for both O'Connor and Boozer. This whole ordeal just reinforces the truth that what goes around comes around. As a player Boozer is a defensive liability. Remember, Ronnie Price dunked on him. Even the soft Okur is a better defensive player. The Jazz will become a MUCH better team without Boozer.

• Agree with Payback & Your stuck
    July 29, 2009 1:24 p.m.

What goes around comes around! Jazz were crazy to have ever signed Boozer under those circumstances!

Cavaliers are building a team to get to the finals. Utah on the other hand is trying to figure out how to get rid of Boozer!

Not even Miami where he wants to go appears to have him as top priority, they are working on trying to get Odom away from LA.

• tired of it all
    July 29, 2009 1:25 p.m.

oh Boozer. I tried defending you and giving you the benefit of the doubt, really I did. but once you start talking about no tax in Florida.......or "not my number one destination" or whatever else you decide to yammer on about- really dude. if you had kept your mouth closed from the start, everything would have been much better for you.

• Rick
    July 29, 2009 1:30 p.m.

Wow Booz, those humility workshops are really paying off, aren't they!?!

• J Flopton
    July 29, 2009 1:33 p.m.

I don't think Boozer fits in to the jazz style of play. He is not a good flop-er. Bring in Manu...

• We're stuck.
    July 29, 2009 1:46 p.m.

I see no trade that could be good enough at this point to allow the jazz to accept. I am afraid that we are stuck with boozer for another year. It will be interesting to see how the fans in utah treat him during home games knowing he is playing for a contract for a team other than Utah. We will have Boozer and kornver off next year so anything could happen next summer.

• Advice His Agent Should Give
    July 29, 2009 2:22 p.m.

Carlos,

QUIT TALKING, and begin IMMEDIATELY! Other teams or fans don't care about where YOU "want" to go. The more you talk, the more you hurt your public image, lower your trade value, and delay the trade you desperately want and somehow think you deserve. Also, I hate to break it to you, you are not NEARLY as good as you claim - get a dose of reality.

You won't be traded until the Jazz have a decent offer, despite your inflated claims about your playoff success, your healthy body, your upcoming "monster season," and how much you would "love" playing with so and so or in some other wonderful city. Fulfill your contract here, playing for the team that is PAYING you.

Please realize you are being incredibly disrespectful to your current teammates, a city that gave you a chance to shine, and other people who are facing the harsh realities of life and cannot even dream of having the luxury of the "economic" challenges you face.

Simply put, you are expected to shut up, play hard in Utah until the trade deadline, and come off the bench. Get used to it...

ENOUGH ALREADY!

• Time Is Running Out
    July 29, 2009 2:57 p.m.

Lets trade with G.S. & Sacramento. This is it. A.K. & Boozer to G.S. for Beidrens, Maggette, & Turiaf, salaries match the trade requirements, then C.J. & Brewer to Sacramento for Nocioni, those salaries also match. Do it Kevin, Sloan, & Greg. These trades would toughen up our interior and wings defensively and offensively and give those teams what they are no doubt looking for. Remember Nellie likes A.K. and would probaly take the Booze also, he's had misbehaving head cases most of his career on various teams. The Bay area is a good place for strange people!

• Why the rush?
    July 29, 2009 2:58 p.m.

Why the rush to get Boozer out of town? The Jazz have accepted the repercussions of absorbing his contract since they signed Millsap. Clearly anything they get in return will be about the same amount of money against the cap because of trade restrictions.

Boozer will play well this season because it is a contract year. He has everything to lose by not cooperating and being the best player he knows how. I say keep him, in spite of his thirst to pad his numbers, and bring him off the bench. Even if his motives are questionable, he'll at least contribute and be better than we would probably get in return, especially with his tarnished image and appearance as damaged goods. I wouldn't trade for him!

The real crime here would be to take on multiyear deals for players we don't want, and have that count against the cap not only this year, but in subsequent years. You can say goodbye to Brewer if we trade for players with lucrative deals that span past this year. Something to think about.

• Anonymous
    July 29, 2009 3:01 p.m.

Every one is 'nuts'! Booze is just what the Cav's need!

Tar/Heel

• comma man
    July 29, 2009 3:16 p.m.

i lov u booz,mamma thinks u cute,trade williams,fire slaon,keep my mamma happy

• nick
    July 29, 2009 3:41 p.m.

were never going to trade boozer, koc is reluctant to DEAL. we turned down a tmac for ak!!!!!!! and lamar for boozer two years ago, the list goes on and on. we only make moves by vastly overpayin gour players- harp, cj, okur, korver, ak. he also doesnt have the greatest draft choices besides milsap and williams and brewer

• Anonymous
    July 29, 2009 3:47 p.m.

To Advise His Agent should give.

Boozer is not being at all disrespectful to the Jazz fans or team. Saying he is working on the trade is incorrect and saying his first choice is this or the other place is really out of his control. What he was told to say and what he said in the latest interview was the correct thing for him to say. I am willing to go to any team the Jazz trade me too and I will have a monster season for them. The goal for him and the Jazz is to trick some team to believe that he won't get injured and he is going to be great for 5 years and that he will play great defense. That means we need him to talk

• re: Time is Running Out
    July 29, 2009 3:48 p.m.

I would take that trade, although I doubt it is even an option...

• Support KOC
    July 29, 2009 4:59 p.m.

I support KOC. Like the moves he has made. We are a couple of players away and one will come in the draft. By waiting this out he may get a future super star like BEASLEY. Beasley, Lee, or Thomas would all be great for the Jazz. If we line up enough bigs, he can go for a super star shooter or a super strong center. The glass is mostly full people!

• Boozer to Miners
    July 29, 2009 5:05 p.m.

does any one know can the jazz send boozer to the flash if they realy wanted to?? than would be so cooool..

• Booze is a depressant
    July 29, 2009 5:22 p.m.

In an unrelated story, Andrei Kirilenko apparently had a cancerous tumor removed. After the operation, he said his depression had subsided so he reportedly flushed his prozac and zoloft down the toilet.

Interestingly enough, when the surgeon was asked the appropriate manner to dispose of a malignant tumor, his response was the same.

• If you look at the
    July 29, 2009 5:27 p.m.

Jazz win scores without Boozer on the team, the Jazz should win about 50 games. That number should go up if the Jazz get a decent player(s) to replace Boozer.

Price is the worst player left on the Jazz. He is a 0 win player.

DWill was hurt last year and had a sub par year. Brewer was also down. AK improved. Koufos will be improved and Fez improved a lot last year (based on win scores) and will improve more this year.

CJ was down last year. He may or may not improve this year.

The Jazz lose about 6.4 wins by losing Boozer, Knight and Harp. They gain 1.2 games by dumping Almond and Collins.

They gain 1.5 wins with a healthy DWill and 3 wins if Brewer returns to form. Koufos and Fez should improve for another 2+ wins.

A lot rides on Brewer, CJ, Koufos and Fez improving their win scores and taking the time of Almond and Collins.

The Jazz will be about the same as last year unless they get a good player or two who add 5-10 wins.

They need more talent to contend.

• David Lee
    July 29, 2009 5:43 p.m.

has one of the best win scores of all of the players mentioned as possible Boozer replacements. Lee is good for 8.4 wins (about the same as Millsap).

If he joined the Jazz they could start him at SF or rotate him at PF and start AK at SF.

Of course if the Jazz could get the right SG they could move Brewer to SF.

I think the Jazz will be okay without Boozer as long as they get a good player to replace him.

Last year Boozer's win contribution was way down due to injury. The Jazz did okay without him. They dropped their two worst players and if they get a good player to replace Boozer they will be as good if not better.

However, NO, POR, and SA are now better than last year. They need a really good player or two added to contend. Or they need major improvement from Koufos, Fez and CJ.

I am assuming that Millsap and AK do as well as they did last year.

It really looks like another low playoff seed year.
    The same old Jazz. Will the Jazz ever take the steps needed to contend?

• deron
    July 29, 2009 5:56 p.m.

give me kris humphreys for boozer

• Chuck Nunn
    July 29, 2009 7:31 p.m.

Carlos, Carlos, Carlos ...

Check out Oracle for my full lament.

Peace out from the Jazz Oracle!

• nick
    July 29, 2009 8:39 p.m.

koufus and fes both did good last year so you cant put the blame on them. also if cj can return to his form in his rookie year against golden state when he had 23 points, then he will be good but that is a big if

• Jazz' Interest
    July 29, 2009 8:54 p.m.

It is not in Jazz' interest to make Boozer's life miserable by keeping him and not playing him or having him come of bench, or trading him just to "stick it to him." Why? Because it is a deterrent for another quality player to come over and play in Utah. What the Jazz did with Fisher helped their reputation - they shouldn't want to erase all that outright.

Besides, it is in Jazz' interest not to bring him back and make a quality trade for the luxury tax purposes, probably for a draft pick somewhere in there (but then again, what good is a draft pick if you never give him a chance?).

So, the Jazz are probably looking for the right trade opportunity to come along; it is not a good position because most teams know Jazz are a little too close to being desperate. That's probably partially why they asked him to shut up.

• Re: David Lee
    July 29, 2009 9:32 p.m.

Quantifying a player's "wins" is an inaccurate metric because there are four other players on the court at the same time as them, which results in interacting variables. That's also why the +/- metric is mostly hogwash.

Core individual player stats can be a predictor of future output, but in no way can you correlate a player's individual presence to overall team wins, +/- points, etc. If basketball were an individual sport, then it might be another story. If only sports were that simple.

That being said, Lee is not a SF. He is a definate 4. He doesn't have any sort of outside range. His play duplicates Millsap's. Besides, Lee wants a five year deal, and for $10 million a year, that's a bad deal. Unloading Boozer's contract to take on $50 million is poor business sense.

• Houdini
    July 29, 2009 10:27 p.m.

Boozer and miles for Kaman and Magetti...takes care of both of our problems,actually I wouldn`t mind keeping Boozer and giving this team one more crack at it,all healthy of course,I`m sure "todd",I mean "the know it all" will disagree

• Boozer Fan
    July 29, 2009 10:31 p.m.

How does that song go? "can you feel the love tonight" there isn't much for Carlos.

Ten reasons I think we should keep Boozer:

1- We will have a 60% chance of getting to the second round of the playoffs, without him it goes down to 30%,
    2 - he is a 20/10 guy, there are only a few in the league.
    3 - We won't get an allstar in return.
    4 - It will be a pleasure to see the local press try to interview him after mocking him all summer.
    5 - He is on a contract year, if he plays like he did last year he is only going to get 4-5 million next year.
    6 - He is a known commodity, it is better to have the devils you know rather than the devils you don't know.
    7 - It would be a great pleasure to annoy all the whinners out there.
    8 - Good carma that comes from working out problems rather than abanding ship.
    9 - Who is everyone going to blame when he is gone. AK?
    10 - He opted in, he really wants to be here:)

• Not a Boozer Hater
    July 29, 2009 10:59 p.m.

Four reasons I think we should let Boozer go:

1- We will have a 60% chance of getting to the second round of the playoffs, without him it remains 60%
    2 - he is a 20/10 guy, his defence gives at least 30pts to opponent
    3 - We won't get an allstar in return. Millsap will be an allstar
    4 - He opted in, he afraid he cant earn so much in other team

• todd from santa ana
    July 30, 2009 2:14 a.m.

To the San Diegan "Houdini"

Ah always such nice sweet thoughts from you what greatness.

No Houdini, tell you what-let us keep doing the same thing year after year, Houdini let me beat you to it GO SLC, GO JAZZ, GO SLOAN.....YEAHHHHHH

Tell you what you talk about image so much, why would you want Boozer

It is a fiction for many of you that these trade proposals bring in "people you would not want"

I ask what "would you want" There is no Kobe, Lebron or Howard available.

There are so many things more important than 20-10, let see it is giving up 30.

You guys would be great mindset in Adult Leagues, Piggyback rest on D and outscore by 1.

How many titles does that bring?

No one wanted Okafor (el Stupido still would have saved 2-3 million each of nxt 2 years for SNOOZ)

No one wanted Haslem (oh he stinks right) he is a champion and plays d which is "threat to the sloanaholics"

Thomas/Hinrich/Salmons "stink"?

Cant schmooze worthless "Nellie" to get Maggette

Kaman and Camby-still available

ANything else?

No one wanted Marion (more good D), no one

• Anonymous
    July 30, 2009 8:30 a.m.

Please, put this to bed! I'm tired of the drama.

• Blauch
    July 30, 2009 9:01 a.m.

1. Boozer opted in to make more money.

2.The Jazz did not offer him an extension

3.The Jazz resigned Millsap

4.The Jazz will not trade him for an expiring contract - since he is an expiring contract and is better than any of the other expiring contract being offered. The Haslem/Boozer deal (Wright would have gone to Memphis)would have saved the Jazz 10 million. OConner said multiple time we are trying to make our team better.

5. The Jazz are not trying to get a player for a long contract at 10 million a year. The Boozer for Hamelton was turned down by Utah. The Jazz did not go after Okafor who was on the trading block (Charlotte would have saved even more money for him over 2 years). Yes the Jazz wants to get better, but they still need to be financially viable)

6. The Jazz attempted to trade Boozer for Tryus Thomas this makes the Jazz Better and saves them money. It was not Utah who stopped the Utah/Chicago/Portland trade — It was Portland who did not want to give up Bayless in the trade that nixed the trade.

• Blauch
    July 30, 2009 9:05 a.m.

cont.

BOOZER IN NOT IN THE LONG TERM PLANS OF THE UTAH JAZZ.

The Jazz are trying to trade Boozer for young players who salary is in the range of 5 to 7 million a year. Boozer knows this — The Jazz may not have said we have mutually agreed to trade Boozer, but they are trying to trade Boozer

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT BOOZER SAYS - He could be saying I look forward playing for Utah next season. I don't mind coming off the bench and backing up Millsap. I am willing to do anything to help the Jazz win. That is why I opted in.

The fact remains the Jazz are trying to trade him for a young talented player. Had the Chicago Trade gone through the Jazz would have been thrilled to have gotten Thomas and saved 12 million. The Jazz have told Boozer the more he talks to teams about being traded — he makes the offers worse for the Jazz and makes it harder for them to trade him.

Boozer to Chicago for Johnson and Thomas - would work, but only save the Jazz about 4 million. It still might happen

• Who left the Locke open?
    July 30, 2009 9:20 a.m.

Is that you David Locke @ 5:27 p.m.?

...this player is worth 3.777786543 wins per season if he is on the floor more than 23.86453921 minutes during Thursday games on the road played east of the Mississippi, but north of Philadelphia.

• Locke
    July 30, 2009 10:16 a.m.

Nope

• WY Jazz Fan
    July 30, 2009 10:33 a.m.

Here it is all this talk about loosing Boozer, a few years ago it was get rid of Mailman his big mouth is not worth it. Almost all of you Jazz fans do is gripe and complain about how bad you have it. You are not the Clippers or some other looser team that has been on thebottom of the stack for years on end. If you really want to know what is happening stop listening to the D-News or SLC Trib reporters. Start reading David Aldridge from TNT. He has the in's and out's of what is happening. Jazz management have all the facts they need and the direction from the Miller familiy. I am not supporting one decision for another. But, when it comes to getting players they have to look at the personality to see if they will fit. Look at how many have come and gone because they don't fit into the team personality. Wake up and get a clue.

• Spudman
    July 30, 2009 10:37 a.m.

Boohoozer can guard all right..... he can guard the water cooler in that Armani Suit of his. As far as his so called 'wonderful playoff run' he showed up for 1 game. The rest of the time he was watching ODom and Ariza blow by him. At least Memo came back and tried to play on his bad hammy...and Price had more heart in one game than Boohoozer.

Boohoozer should quit the NBA and he can do his own one man show of the 'Wizard of Oz' because he
    1.Has no heart- he showed that during the playoffd
    2.Has no brain- he showed that in Dec with his comments
    3.Has no courage-he's showing it now by talking to other media(Miami/Chicago) not the Salt Lake media

KOC-what do you do when you have and find a tumor you cut it out. i suggest you cut out the cancer if you do not want to be with New Yuck in the Draft Lottery.

• Miles
    July 30, 2009 11:08 a.m.

when is the last time "win scores" won a championship? What a waste of mathmatical energy. Championships are won by EVERY member of the team doing his job and working with the other members of his team.

Houdini, I mean Comma Man. Good to see you back online.

Trading Boozer would be a waste of time right now. Kevin is not moving him til the season starts.

• CJ3
    July 30, 2009 11:10 a.m.

Where's the story about Boozer saying he "can't talk about it" anymore?

Yesterday's news, now...

• news worth seeing
    July 30, 2009 11:30 a.m.

Right now the only headline news I want to see is that Odom signed with Miami because it makes the Lakers worse and makes Miami more likely to want Boozer for Beasley!

• When Are You Fans Going
    July 30, 2009 3:21 p.m.

to understand that to trade players you have to be within 75% on the salary match? Johnson & Thomas from Chicago only total 6mil to Boozers 12.7mil.Get it? Thats not 75% of Boozers salary!

• The Jazz may decide
    July 30, 2009 3:42 p.m.

to hang on to Boozer. Some genius in their organization will eventually realize Jazz fans will pay ticket money money for a chance to let Boozer know what they think of his defense and his leadership qualities.

B.R.

• todd to 321
    July 30, 2009 5:01 p.m.

How about Okafor traded for BoYzer about 80 percentile match? we can throw in some eggs and flour to solidify

• DBlair
    July 30, 2009 5:03 p.m.

Boozer would make a good addition to any team But with the limited cap space this makes his Quest a lot slower . Iwish you well I am a Bulls fan

• Loser!!
    July 30, 2009 5:11 p.m.

Lets Keep Him....... It will be worth it to KEEP HIM AND promptly BENCH HIM. It is worth the money to see him on the bench ticked off. LOL.... What a jerk!!! Shut up already....... Dwill is getting ready to help promote Tour of Utah and Loser is Talking about everything but Jazz basketball when he opted in and is a member of jazz basketball. I can't stand this jerk!!

• Next in Line
    July 30, 2009 5:15 p.m.

I Hope Boozer can Play up to what he is getting paid. Because w/ Todays crunch on money some G.M.might not chew him up But he might get Chewed out Nite after nite HHHmmm.

• Re: The Jazz May Decide
    July 30, 2009 5:23 p.m.

I remember the first game Carlos played back in Cleveland. The Boo's lasted about half way thru the second quarter. The closer to 20/10 he got, the quieter it became. By games end they didn't bother any longer. It'll be the same in ESA.

• Weak
    July 30, 2009 7:22 p.m.

Karl Malone would've garnered 3 times the comments and 6 top local stories, instead of 3, with his mouth.

You have a long way to go to say as many inflammatory things as the Mailman did every offseason, Booz. Best step it up a notch if you want to keep getting attention.

• THEeyepatch
    July 30, 2009 9:01 p.m.

If I was Boozer I wouldn't want to play here at all. Any team in the East has a chance for a shot at the Finals. Utah has NO chance.

• Odom's decision impact
    July 30, 2009 9:42 p.m.

now that Odom decides to stay with Lakers, there's a big chance that Miami's next target will be getting Boozer, it looks like the Miami is favoring Wade in requesting either Odom or Boozer to be with Miami in order for Wade to sign an extension for them, so it looks like the Boozer trade negotiation will resume in Miami now that Odom stays with the Lakers.. this is good news, hope for the best!

• WY Jazz fan
    July 30, 2009 10:47 p.m.

But Miami doesn't have anyone worth getting. So who do you propose we get in trade. O'Neal Jermaine type. Cause nobody else is worth it. The best idea is to wait until you can get some really good deal later in the season. Why is it that you all think you know so much about basketball. Cause if you did you would be employed as a GM which you aren't.

• Sorry Utah...
    July 30, 2009 11:08 p.m.

Just read on the Miami paper website that Odom deciding to stay with the Lakers will impact Boozer. They do NOT want Boozer now that Odom is not coming. They will wait for big moves in 2010.

I have been thinking all along that Miami was waiting to see what Odom was going to do before making a deal for Boozer.

• CJ3
    July 30, 2009 11:10 p.m.

Geez, Wyoming. Those are some pretty harsh admonitions from someone who thinks the Jazz should try and get the most overpaid man in the game today.

• breaking news!
    July 31, 2009 1:03 a.m.

a trade will happen this coming August between Miami and Utah, just wait and see!... Boozer is gone for sure!... yeeepeeh!

• Joe
    July 31, 2009 8:23 a.m.

Boozer is a man who would rather wear an Armani suit than a basketball suit. He likes getting paid for sitting on the bench. This man is not about winning or team basketball. After his my team let me down, but I had a really good series comments,I don't ever want to pay to see this man in either suit. What a reject.

• WY Jazz Fan
    July 31, 2009 2:51 p.m.

I don't think they should get J. O'Neal. After looking at the Miami roster he was the only one that looked half way decent as far as stats are concerned. I really think Miami will try but they have nothing to offer is what I was really trying to tell all you Jazz fans that want to trade Loozer right now. If you follow the analysts like Aldridge of TNT you will realize UT will not make a move right now or be bullied into a rotten deal just to unload LOOZER. Like so many have attempted to point out that given this is a big contract year for LOOZER he will have to play excellent ball to get a decent contract next year and if the Jazz find someone who wants him he will have to come out and PLAY his best game.

• Anonymous
    July 31, 2009 2:53 p.m.

Ditch this loser. Get what you can and part ways. He's a cancer to the team.

• CJ3
    July 31, 2009 7:30 p.m.

I love that about the Jazz management, that they don't just fold on a bluff.

You're right, Wyoming. He will have to bust butt to get a decent deal in 2010. Seems like most are a bit wary at the moment.

• LOL!!
    Aug. 1, 2009 5:41 p.m.

" Boozer said. "I'm just working my butt off ready for a monster season. And I'm just looking forward to dominating in the NBA again."

I will believe it when I see it...

• Carlos
    Aug. 28, 2009 5:35 p.m.

Read the Nike advertisements my man. "Do it," don't just talk about it.