Boozer says he doesn't plan to return to Utah Jazz

Comments

• Randy
    July 27, 2009 11:16 p.m.

No big loss.

July 27, 2009 11:32 p.m.

The more I hear from boozer... The more I'm glad he is leaving..

• Want to bet
    July 27, 2009 11:37 p.m.

Want to bet no Jazz player calls to wish him good luck?

• I would not read to much
    July 27, 2009 11:37 p.m.

into this other than Boozer is not that adept at handling smooth reporters. Yes Boozer would prefer to get traded before camp. However, he has to know that if he refuses to go to camp the Jazz are likely to dump him to a really bad team.

Maybe the bad team would trade him where he wants to go but he is much better off dealing with Utah which is a benign organization to a fault. They will do what they can to help Boozer as long as he does not jerk their chain too hard.

If Boozer would swallow a little of his over blown ego and work with the Jazz they will work with him. Boozer's problem is his personality and his lack of understanding of how what he says comes across to others besides Boozer.

Boozer is actually pretty honest about what he wants. That of course changes rapidly as the situation changes in ways he does not anticipate.

Boozer is an opportunist. That is not all bad but his best bet is to not hinder the Jazz. If he has to play for them then he needs to make the best of it.

July 27, 2009 11:41 p.m.

Times are tough for everybody...even a guy that has never had a real job in his life and will make 12 mil this next year. Life isn't ez being carlos boozer.

• Yikes!
    July 27, 2009 11:50 p.m.

I've been trying very hard to give Mr. Boozer the benefit of the doubt, chalking up much of his silly public comments to twenty-something naivete, but the guy can't seem to learn, can't exhibit any self-discipline, and doesn't seem to have a clue about what adds value to an NBA team.

Example 1: Frequent interchanging of first and third-person references (somehow this was forgivable with Malone, given his outstanding work ethic and consistent effort).

Example 2: "Obviously, they'll handle it in the best way that they can. They'll keep me and my agent abroad and just see what happens, but I'm staying out of it."

He's certainly not staying out of it (to the point where it makes me wonder if the Jazz might not have legal recourse)... but wouldn't it be great if the Jazz could actually keep him "abroad"? Siberia sounds about right!

Example 3: "... had a really good individual play-off run"

Wow! That one leaves me speechless!

July 27, 2009 11:50 p.m.

I check the sports page everyday hoping to see that Boozer is on his way out.

• Nickisdabest
    July 28, 2009 12:07 a.m.

Wow...he keeps sinking lower and lower...I check everyday to hope he is gone

July 28, 2009 12:10 a.m.

I would love it if "The Booze Cruise" stayed with the Jazz but they had him play the season in Orem...

• Carlos
    July 28, 2009 12:14 a.m.

I had a really good individual playoff run, but my team fell short.

• phx jazz fan
    July 28, 2009 12:16 a.m.

All I here from Boozer is the words "Me Myself, and I" repeated over and over again. If he is worried about the tough times fire your agent and save 10%. On a 12 mil salary that is 1.2 mil, Most of us could figure out how to retire of that.

Re: Yikes! Couldn't have said it better. Malone got away with his nuances cause of his work ethic. Boozer..............nevermind

• Duke?
    July 28, 2009 12:29 a.m.

This guy went to Duke? Someone must've taken his tests for him, then, because every time he opens his mouth he sounds dumber.

• nechochwen
    July 28, 2009 12:59 a.m.

Random thoughts:

Too bad they can't just send him to the Flash... He could use some fundamental training - defense, tact, not being an idiot, etc... Man, I can't believe that he's throwing his team under the bus: "...had a really good individual playoff run, but my team fell short..."

It would be great to play with Wade and all these other stars? I suppose it's not that cool to be playing with a stud like Deron Williams. Man, "the grass is always greener" with this guy. When will he learn that he's got a team that he can work with here? I suppose never, since Carlos Boozer gotta do what Carlos Boozer gotta do.

I would love to hear the conversation between him and Sloan next month when Sloan tells him to get his head out of his butt and play.

• All Boozed out
    July 28, 2009 1:17 a.m.

To the Jazz FO: Please trade this selfish dog of a man to Memphis. Milwaukee. Kazakhstan. Anyplace other than the place he wants to go. Truly one of the least appealing players in the NBA.

• Taivo
    July 28, 2009 1:29 a.m.

Perhaps the way Boozer dumped Cleveland to come to Utah should have tipped us off as to his modus operandi--Boozer first, Boozer last, Boozer at all points in between. (Can he get credit for assists to himself?)

Boozer a superstar? Not in my lifetime. Malone was a superstar--he missed less than ten games while playing for over a decade with the Jazz. Stockton was a superstar--he never used an agent, just sat down with Larry to sign for a few million and marveled that anyone would pay him that kind of money to play a child's game. Those guys earned our respect.

• rvalens2
    July 28, 2009 1:49 a.m.

Boozer might as well have said, "My team let me down. I, on the other hand, had a great playoff run. Unfortunately, there's just no one worthy of playing with me on this Jazz team."

Carlos you've become PURE POISON. No one on the team is going to want to play with you. If the Jazz don't pull the trigger on a trade, I hope they make you come off the bench and backup Millsap.

You need a MAJOR ego adjustment.

• DSaun
    July 28, 2009 3:39 a.m.

"We're all going through a tough time right now financially, but at the same time to live in a place where you don't have to pay state tax, you can leave a little bit more of the money that you earn in your bank account,"

C-Booz should be a public speaker, he can totally relate to all the people here who have lost their jobs. I mean, just like them he's had some of his hours cut (injury), he didn't get that bonus he was expecting (when he said (in December) he was opting out no matter what, to "get a raise"). It's gotta be real tough to be him right now. I sure wouldn't want to make $15 million dollars to play less than 50 games of basketball. And he's got a point, after taxes he only gets what, like 10 of those? I can't wait to get my tix to the Carlos Boozer and Latrell Sprewell 'How to Feed Your Family On 20 Million Dollars a Year' seminar. Can't wait.

• Entered my name
    July 28, 2009 3:49 a.m.

Please don't go, this is a better Utah team then Malone n Stockton. Right Boozer? Boozerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?

July 28, 2009 3:56 a.m.

What a classless act this guy is.

• Chuck Nunn
    July 28, 2009 3:59 a.m.

This is just sad. Carlos is saying he's not pressuring the team into a trade, but with all the interviews he's doing, that's what he's trying to do in expressing his unwillingness to consider a return to the team. And it's sad that he's throwing himself on the feet of Miami fans while D-Wade is in Los Angeles trying to convince Miami's true target, Lamar Odom, to come back "home." Still not holding my breath for a trade, and I wish Boozer would do the same. He'll be humiliated when he reports to Salt Lake City for media day Oct. 1 if he keeps this up and a trade doesn't happen. But Jazz fans, y'all can't tell me you're not going to be cheering for him when he's averaging a double-double this season. The Oracle has been thinking about this many a day; check out my full take on Jazz Oracle by Wednesday.

Peace out from the Jazz Oracle!

• Make him play for the Jazz
    July 28, 2009 4:07 a.m.

He opted in. He's under contract. He knows that he must produce. Work him like a dog until trade deadline. His opt out, opt in, I'm getting a raise selfishness should not be rewarded. As much as we all hate his selfishness, the jazz have the upper hand and him not playing well will only hurt him.

• Boise Bill
    July 28, 2009 4:54 a.m.

You have got to be kidding me. He's complaining about money???? What a slap in the face to anyone who has lost a job, a home or really being affected by the economy. His biggest complaint is commuting to Florida?

Cleveland was right- "No Heart for the Game." It's all about money to Carlos. Ditch this guy!

• Lance from KC
    July 28, 2009 5:23 a.m.

I can't believe he's talking about being hurt by taxes. The Jazz should punish him for opting in. They do this by keeping him in Utah and having him ride the pine the entire season to lower his value so he can't get a lucrative contract next year.

• Trade Idea
    July 28, 2009 5:35 a.m.

How about Boozer and Ronnie Brewer for Kirk Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas

• todd on "circus"
    July 28, 2009 5:36 a.m.

Dragged out, O Connor waiting for El Nino for "perfect deal"

This drama and all could have been over long ago.....Great playoff?

So many players Jazz could have acquired by now but did not. They watched competitors get better.

• Mark
    July 28, 2009 6:10 a.m.

Send him to New York. Spreading his cancer there would just about insure that the Jazz get a number one pick next year.

The man just can't keep his mouth shut. The only thing bigger than his ego is his stupidity.

• Boozer really, really likes is $
    July 28, 2009 6:24 a.m.

If he really really wanted to play for the Heat then he would have opted out of his contract.

July 28, 2009 6:27 a.m.

Poor little picked on millionaire! Heaven forbid he would have to pay state taxes to help the residents of Utah that pay way too much to get in to a game where he either isn't playing due to a hang nail or watches as the opposing team walzes past him for an easy bucket. If I put forth as little effort in my job as Booz does, I would be fired.

As others have stated, the more I hear from this guy, the less I like him.

• question
    July 28, 2009 6:29 a.m.

if boozer is still under contract with the jazz, but fails to show for training camp or for the start of the season, would the Jazz still be on the hook for his salary for the games he missed? If not, would that reduce the amount of luxury tax they'd have to pay?

• Earning Money
    July 28, 2009 6:31 a.m.

"it gives you a little bit more of the money that you earn in your bank account"

Earn?!? What did you do to earn your money? Half the time your were in LA rehabing.

• Justin
    July 28, 2009 6:37 a.m.

Here's what I just heard... "blah, blah, blah, poor me. I only make 12+ million a year. Taxes are tough for a guy who makes only 12+ million. blah, blah, blah." What an idiot.

Also, with the recent trade of Okafor for Chandler being announced, why in the world weren't the Jazz trying to pry away one of these guys, specifically Okafor? Their teams are obvioulsy willing to move them.

July 28, 2009 6:41 a.m.

Too bad he can't be shipped to Oklahoma.

• ljk
    July 28, 2009 6:45 a.m.

I am so sick of these athletes making comments like the lull in the economy is hard on them too. That is the biggest bunch of b.s. possibly imaginable. They should try living on $24k a year like I do. Those comments Loozer made are right up there with the ones Sprewell made a few years ago when he demanded more money saying that he had a family to feed. Jokers like Loozer should try holding down a real job, then they can have the audacity to make comments like that. Ever since Loozer made his opting out comments to a national audience mid way through last season, he has been nothing but a cancer on this team. He must go no matter what the Jazz get in return. He will have a greater negative effect on this team then any positives 18 p.p.g 10 r.p.g in 45 games played might bring.

• CAI
    July 28, 2009 6:48 a.m.

WOW! Only Boozer would opt in to ensure he makes the most money possible and then voice his opinion about where he should be traded.

No state taxes would be great- I would love it. As a professional athelete though, Boozer should know no one is interested in how much of his $12.6 million would go to state taxes!

This guy is going to get booed for the rest of his life in SLC and I will be with them. No class, no heart, no respect.

• R Harris
    July 28, 2009 6:52 a.m.

There is nothing cohesive or really valuable to his game.
    I hope Wade is stupid enough to beg him to Miami.
    They will soon find out that a 'superstar' without consistency is worse than a role player who busts his arse!

• louisiana jazz man
    July 28, 2009 6:59 a.m.

i would say make him ride the bench behind millsap this year butt he would mess the whole team up. better to trade before the season to anybody for anybody. if he would have opt out we wouldnt have got nothing any way. trade him to a team he dosent want to go to. also need to find the one with the biggest state tax. he could call that giving back some of the money he owes the fans.

• Jim
    July 28, 2009 7:03 a.m.

If he comes back next season, can we assign him to the D-League?

• Athletes
    July 28, 2009 7:18 a.m.

Overpaid.

• Psuedohoax
    July 28, 2009 7:28 a.m.

Wow, great comments today! It seems everyone is in agreement for once.

I remember Tom Nissalke saying once "If Genghis Khan could get you 30 points and ten rebounds, there would be 30 teams lining up to sign him"

Is it possible that other teams are hesitant to bring him aboard (abroad?) because of his personality/character? I doubt it.

• liberal larry
    July 28, 2009 7:34 a.m.

Is there any way the Jazz can trade this bozo to Oklahoma?

• IdahoJazzFan
    July 28, 2009 7:43 a.m.

I think that the Clippers would be a better match for Carlos. Then he could admire the Lakers banners hanging in the rafters while he is riding the pine with an injury.

• Miami Jazz Fan
    July 28, 2009 7:48 a.m.

I tell my friends that if you want him you can have him. Won't help them any go anywhere.

If he stays and fakes another injury, I say suspend him for insubordination and that way he doesn't get paid.

• Reality
    July 28, 2009 7:48 a.m.

Boozer: Florida has no state income tax, but makes it up by charging 3 times as much as Utah does for property tax!

July 28, 2009 7:52 a.m.

"I had knee surgery last year, came back and fully recovered, had a really good INDIVIDUAL playoff run, but MY TEAM FELL SHORT as we lost to the Lakers," Boozer said.

This guy is unbelievable. He's either too stupid to realize what he say's, or to arrogant and brash to care. More than likely, it's both.

Boozer couldn't guard a house if you gave him guns and dogs to help, and he's missed a full 1/3 of the games he could have played in if it weren't for some unforseen hang nail or whatever. Now he paints the JAZZ management in a corner for very selfish reasons.

Heaven sakes man, I've got an 84 year old father in law with more heart and better hands than Boozer. For sure would play better defence. Personally I hope the JAZZ keep him .... RIGHT ON THE BENCH .... for the entire season.

I'm sick of pro ballers, rotten attitudes and ungreatful for what they have to boot. Can't wait for the NCAA to start. The NBA and it's participants need an overhaul and David Stearn's should take note.

• Ghost
    July 28, 2009 7:58 a.m.

Boozer carreer average 16.2 points, 10.4 rebounds per game.

Millsap averages 13.5 and 8.6 as a backup. Given a chance to start an entire season, he will do better than 16 and 10.

The sooner we get rid of Boozer the better.

• Carlos' Top Ten Reasons
    July 28, 2009 8:08 a.m.

10. I had a really good playoff run (yea, up and down the court)
    9. I need to save those dreaded state taxes (to take classes in human relations)
    8. I really like Miami (just like Cleveland and Utah)
    7. I have to feed my family (yep, Wendy's prices have gone from $1.00 to $1.19)
    6. I had knee surgery (I had to find another way to make money but not have to play)
    5. Are we staying are we moving (Even Carlos can't answer that one so he turned it over to his agent)
    4. My agent is abroad (that's why the Jazz can't contact him to trade Boozer)
    3. I'm 100 percent now (at least that will be the case until the season starts)
    2. Playing with D-Wade would be great (Oops, what happened to playing with D-Will)
    1. It's all about Carlos Boozer (What else would anybody expect!)

Carlos, don't let the door hit you in the bum on the way out!

• 'Bout time
    July 28, 2009 8:14 a.m.

The knives are finally out -- not many Boozer fans left.

• Miles
    July 28, 2009 8:29 a.m.

Let me get this straight:

Boozer opted in to play for the JAZZ next season. But he doesn't want to play in Utah? Carlos if you wanted out so bad, why did you opt in? Did no one want you? How intelligent is that? Opt in but don't want to be here!! Carlos hire a new agent.

Needs to save money on taxes? So the rest of us should pay taxes but Carlos being in poverty shouldn't? Such a giving guy.

Wants to play with Wade. Carlos why don't you get Wade to come to Utah where there is a chance to win a championship.

Carlos, the best thing you could do is keep quiet. Don't say a word. The expression, "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt" rings true with Carlos.

July 28, 2009 8:31 a.m.

I only have one wish this Christmas. That Boozer is in a suit sitting on the end of the Jazz bench!!

• Punt Boozer!
    July 28, 2009 8:45 a.m.

Not making this up: My wife was at Kohl's looking in the clearance section, and saw official Jazz Jerseys (the ones that run at least $40+), and they were all only $10.00...she thought "what a bargain"...but then she looked through each one. Name after name...they all said "Boozer." So she realized it was still a rip off!

Doesn't that pretty much sum it up?

His net worth has gone to pot. And leverage to trade him diminishes as he pushes the trade to occur. If he had half a brain he wouldn't have milked his injuries and hustled--then he would have more leverage.

Worst. Business man. Ever.

• Blauch
    July 28, 2009 8:47 a.m.

THE JAZZ WANT TO TRADE BOOZER - It is not Boozer

The Jazz can trade Boozer Anytime. The Jazz could have traded him for Mobley contract and cash - who is covered by insurance because of an injury - so that would have saved the Jazz 16 Million this year.

Charlotte is trying to cut salary so the Jazz could have traded Boozer to the for Okafor - that would have financially locked the Jazz with contracts for 3 seasons. They cannot pay taxes every year.

Right now the Jazz are trying to get a young player (Tryus Thomas, Beasley or David Lee) for Boozer while they try to get some financial savings.

Boozer could have said - Yes I want to back up Paul Millsap. I want the Jazz to keep me - that is why I opted in.

The Jazz still would want to trade him. They may not have told Boozer they wanted to trade him, but they are not giving him a contract extension and they would have traded him had the Chicago/Portland They want to trade him. Sloan benched him the entire 4th quarter for Millsap in the last playoff game of the season.

• BuckeyeFan
    July 28, 2009 8:47 a.m.

Did he or did he not just throw the entire Jazz team under the bus? It would be great to play with Dwade...I guess it's only OK to be playing with DWill. For as much money as these athletes are making, I don't recall star players wanting to be traded to a team because of the tax benefits they will receive. Usually it is to win a championship!!! Beware Miami!!!

This makes me wonder if he was using the divorce from CC as an excuse for his poor play since she is now excited about moving. If he doesn't want to play for the Jazz, he should not have opted-in. But he knows no other team would pay his $12.7 mil salary let alone the $14-15 mil he thinks he's worth, yet he's trashing the team.

Remember his 'hey coach, why won't you let me play' look as he was sitting the bench in the Olympics. If Milsap is the future Jazz PF and Boozer isn't, then I wish Sloan would have the ba--- to have Boozer come off the bench. Back of the bus...Booze!

• Booz..
    July 28, 2009 8:56 a.m.

won't be in camp with the Jazz because they injured his feelings and he won't play if he's not 100%!

• Orem
    July 28, 2009 8:57 a.m.

Keep him and play him in Orem until the trade deadline and then send him to Ok City.

• to the anonymous above
    July 28, 2009 9:03 a.m.

I agree...let him rot on the end of the bench in a suit...although he'd probably like that as he is as lazy as it gets as far as an athlete goes...

and as for Miami...they are going nowhere fast...NOBODY WILL BEAT CLEVELAND IN THE EAST THIS YEAR.

• Reminds me of something
    July 28, 2009 9:10 a.m.

"Not if one of those other guys would have jumped on the ball.

Again. Leon can't do everything!"

• Disgust with Boozer
    July 28, 2009 9:12 a.m.

When it comes down to it, Boozer said that he really didn't mind paying higher taxes when he voted for obama, now that he is "having to deal with the economic wows" he is wanting to go to a place where he doesn't have to pay as much. Sounds like the usual Boo-zer talk. He should be in politics, he could fit right in.

• Sweet Revenge
    July 28, 2009 9:13 a.m.

Trade him to a lowly team for a solid backup at 4-5, and a draft pick.

Let Carlos rot on a bottom dwelling team.

• I'm Very Worried
    July 28, 2009 9:17 a.m.

After all of the deals that have already been made this off-season the options for getting rid of this primma-donna are getting more scarce as time goes on. I don't care if we don't make the playoffs as long as the team is working hard and are entertaining! This whole NBA schedule and the phony playoffs(where 8 teams from each conference) are put into a year end tournament stinks. At the most only 4 teams from each should play for the championship. This is nothing more than milking the fans for 8 months. Greed is alive and well dispite the loozy economics we are living with in the sports world. I wish ALL pro sports would just vanish. Let these jerks play college ball on their freebie scholarships and then go out and be a contributor to society instead of a drain to our economy and personal lives!

• fossil
    July 28, 2009 9:20 a.m.

i was so thrilled when we first got boozer but later when i seen him sit with his owchi for months it got sickining when malone even played with a broken finger. if miami signes odem i think they would be willing to give up beasley. he if sloan can settle him down can become better than booz. we probly won't win the west this year but LA s coby is getting older and we should be getting stronger with NY s first pick and we should have a chance to win a ring in a couple of years.

• Tmoney
    July 28, 2009 9:29 a.m.

I like how Boozer was a big Obama supporter and now he wants to move to Florida where he wont have to pay state income taxes. Typical Democrat the biggest hypocrits in the world when it comes to taxes. Come on Carlos don't you want to pay more isn't that what you voted for. You want to keep more of what you earn well so do the rest of us.

You can thank republicans in Florida for that carrot.

It's nice taking advantage of conservative policy I don't blame him. I just think it's amusing.

• Triple A
    July 28, 2009 9:35 a.m.

This just in... The Los Angeles Sparks have made an offer for Carlos Boozer.

In a brief statement Boozer Said “I can't wait to get down there and start playing. It will be nice to only play 34 games a year rather than the grueling 82 that we are forced to play in the NBA. It will be a great opportunity for me to get out there and finally show everybody what I can do."

He went on to talk about money and how hard it has been for him this year “to make ends meet”…

• Beware of Boozer
    July 28, 2009 9:40 a.m.

Apparently Boozer can't remember what he says from one day to the next. He wants to play for the Bulls because they are such a class act....then a few days later he wants to play for the Heat because they are a class act and he won't have to pay state tax. Funny what a short memory he has. He knocks the team that has designed nearly every play for him to score! His mouth seems to be his biggest enemy! Well that and his defense! Beware of Boozer! No wonder he is having a hard time convincing anyone he is worth what he thinks he is. Boozer has a misplaced ego! Nothing sadder than a guy who thinks he's better than anyone on his team. Good luck to who ever is dumb enough to take him of the Jazz payroll!

• Cowboy Joe
    July 28, 2009 9:51 a.m.

The Jazz need to trade him to a team with the HIGHEST STATE INCOME TAXES. California is it and they should trade him for Marcus Camby and Al Thorton. WIth paying higher state taxes the Boozer's will probably have to be on WELFARE so they can even EAT. WHAT A LOOZER.

• RE: Tmoney
    July 28, 2009 9:52 a.m.

Take your lame political comments to the serious section. This is sports, nerd!

• Who cares
    July 28, 2009 9:58 a.m.

What a great playoff serious Booz...remember that one dunk you had?? Man, you showed LA what they are missing out on.

I formed my opinion the day they lost to LA when they asked Charles Barkley about him and his contract expiring and if he was worth the money. Chuck responded by saying why pay someone more money when they can't get the job done and win a championship? He said Booz is not worth the money he is getting because he doesn't make the difference on a team that much.

Nice to know you Boozer. Get in touch with my people and we will start a foundation/charity for you and raise some money for you to live..poor dude.

• The Boozer Saga
    July 28, 2009 9:58 a.m.

While all of you Jazz fans out there continuously bomb Boozer with pejorative epithets, you seem to forget the man who is responsible for bringing him to the Jazz: KOC.
    You can see the great job this man has done by bringing to the team and overpaying underperforming players.
    KOC is also to blame for having created the whole Boozer saga. Enough said.

• Old Port
    July 28, 2009 10:04 a.m.

I have lost all respect for him after these comments.

• Mark
    July 28, 2009 10:06 a.m.

Ship him to the Knicks. NYC has the highest state and local taxes any where. His cancer will help the knicks lose most of their games.

Or else ship him off to Toronto where it is cold and nasty during the season. He'll love it there since he is from Alaska.

Frankly I would trade him for a dead stiff. That would be about an even trade.

• Chris H
    July 28, 2009 10:08 a.m.

Boozer says his "wife" was asking him about moving from or staying in Utah. Wasn't Boozer going through a divorce just a few weeks ago?

• Upper Hand
    July 28, 2009 10:14 a.m.

For those of you who say Boozer has the upper hand here you are dead wrong. The Jazz don't have to trade him immediately. If we start the season with Boozer he has no choice but to accept whatever role the Jazz choose for him and to play his butt off.

He is playing for a new contract next season and for many seasons beyond that. As we all know Boozer is only in it for the money so expect a big year from him wherever he ends up.

July 28, 2009 10:18 a.m.

Which city hates him more, Cleveland or Salt Lake City? I predict he will never play a game in either city.....he'll come down with another mysterious injury.

• Cap'n Parrotdead
    July 28, 2009 10:24 a.m.

I feel bad for the guy, having to pay taxes on his $12 million. He had a great individual playoff? Maybe he'd better check the video tape again. Get this jerk our of here.

• LQballer
    July 28, 2009 10:25 a.m.

Yep, looks like we have a majority. An up or down vote -- and the winner is boozer is elsewhere. And the head-sheds in sports management wonder why people are so turned off by the present-day athlete and his enormous ego. Throw in the agents, uncles, athletic directors, coaches and various hangers-on and you have someone with incredible skills who have never, ever been told NO -- to anything. It is a sign of the times and the only way to counteract this is to vote with your pocketbook. Too bad.

• Its Me
    July 28, 2009 10:29 a.m.

Miami will NOT trade Beasley.

Beasley is Miami's Future. Boozer has a year in his contract & can go to Miami with no strings attached next year. Miami knows it is not going to win a championship this year, so they can wait (if they are interested in Boozer).

Jazz NEEDS to get rid of Boozer if they want to stay under the cap, so I'm pretty sure its mutual feelings of wanting Boozer out of Utah.

• Anywhere, any team
    July 28, 2009 10:40 a.m.

I don't care who or what we get for Carlos Boozer. I just want him GONE!!! I check the sports pages too many times a day HOPING to hear that the Jazz have finally traded this sorry excuse for a ball player. Clearly he is not wanted on the Jazz anymore. Please - to any team, to any place for anyone!!! Spare us all the pain and misery of listening to this selfish jerk anymore. C'mon Jazz Front Office!!! We're pulling for ya!

• Re: Boozer Saga
    July 28, 2009 10:48 a.m.

'perjorative epth...' uh, what? Take your lame ... comments to the serious section. This is sports, nerd!

Hats off to the guy who did the "Top Ten". My heart ached when I found Wendy's raised prices on their value menu though (no more $1 chili...).

Personally I hope Boozer hangs around another year. He has tested the job market, and he will come to understand reality. This is a contract year for him, he will play well regardless of the team he is on. Expect good numbers.

I doubt Boozer has been told by the Jazz that he is not in their long term plans; however, we are only talking about one more year.

I think Jazz Fans will be disappointed with Milsap. Great athlete, good effort, he has a standing invitation to show up at my house to watch football. Compare him to Harpring, great role player, but he lacks the physique to be the long term inside presence that they are declaring him to be.

• todd from santa ana
    July 28, 2009 10:48 a.m.

Boozey will start up front with CJ, Okurrie, DWIL and Brewer as the song "same as it ever was"

It will for me be humiliating for this numskull to put on a jersey he hates opening night as we could be the laughing stock of the league with a clueless GM, as what "you cannot dump Boozer"

Okafor I heard made like 10 million a year. Boozie Woozie $13 sounds like some savings to me

O Connor is an incompetent young man

Like I told you a thousand times

• I would love..
    July 28, 2009 10:51 a.m.

to see Boozer come here with another team and when they announce his name on the PA boo until he runs back to the locker room crying.

• So
    July 28, 2009 10:55 a.m.

He was talking about his wife. Does that mean the divorce is off?

July 28, 2009 11:03 a.m.

"...it's still tough when you're getting hit by the taxes that we get hit by," Boozer added. "And we're all going through a tough time right now financially."

No, sir, you aren't going through a tough financial time right now. You're earning $12.7M this year. That isn't tough. That's a dream.

It's comments like these that make me despise Boozer and want him out of SLC ASAP.

• lul in the economy
    July 28, 2009 11:04 a.m.

Boozer people like you are the "lul" in the economy!

• jumpinjax22
    July 28, 2009 11:06 a.m.

This is just hilarious. We all watched the last game against the Lakers. You know the one where in the fourth, Millsap and Price came in and almost caught us up "Millsap scored 12 pts. in a row" Ya that one! where were you Boozer? oh that is right you were keeping Millsaps chair warm for him. How thoughtful.
    Why in the world are the Jazz not involved in the Chandler,Okafor deal.

• Boo-zer
    July 28, 2009 11:18 a.m.

My favorite quote of all time: "And we're all going through a tough time right now financially." Is he referring to the collective "we as a society" or "we as the athletes?"

12 million bucks a year sure doesn't seem like tough times.

July 28, 2009 11:19 a.m.

Todd

Seriously

Okafor is a 6'10" center that has very little offense game. His contract is 5 years 63 million. The Jazz do not want him.

• No Change!
    July 28, 2009 11:25 a.m.

Oh boy, we will have the same Jazz team as last year! The only problem is that every other NBA team has made trades and improved themselves. I predict that the Jazz will have a high lottery pick next year. I say keep Boozer this year and really push him to get in and play hard, if he doesn't play hard and well, his value will decline even more. It would really be hard for Boozer to live on 8 million next year. Boozer has really put himself into a tough situation by opting in, but I must admit that if he had not, he would be making a lot less than he'll be getting with the jazz on his last year of his contract. Come on Boozer, play hard and well and get the Jazz a championship ring.

• Easy answer
    July 28, 2009 11:30 a.m.

The easy answer is standing out in fromnt of us all - if two parties have a contractual relationship and BOTH would like to terminate the agreement, they may do so without penalty.

So Booze needs to sit down with Kevin and ask if they can mutaully agree to release the contractual bindings from both. Booze can then sign where he wants for what money is out there, and Jazz can be free of him.

Just Do It!

• Old School in Augusta, GA
    July 28, 2009 11:42 a.m.

Carlos, I too was raised in Juneau and graduated from J-D HS.

I also once thought the "Cleveland utterings" about you were sour grapes. They seem to have more credence these days.

As time goes by Carlos, your actions and verbal expressions cause me embarrassment because of our Juneau connection.

In my curiosity of "why"? ... I wonder about the influence of your spouse, because I don't think you grew up like this.

I wonder what your "Coach George H" thinks.

• KJ
    July 28, 2009 11:43 a.m.

I've come on here and defended Boozer many times. My point has always been that he's a beter player than most Jazz fans give him credit for, and that they're negative evaluation of his talents are tainted by their hatred for a few stupid comments he's made.

I can admit when I'm wrong. Boozer may be talented and he may more talented than Jazz fans actually understand, but his off-the-court shenanigans are embarrassing. In my mind now, Jazz fans are completely justified in their desire to ship this guy off. He's an embarrasment and has absolutely no class. Millsap probably isn't going to replace what Boozer can do, but paying him is a better option than retaining a back stabber who has absolutley no sense of how to positively represent himself, his employer, or even the average American citizen.

• Loozer the Rapter's new PF..
    July 28, 2009 11:52 a.m.

Since taxes are now a hot topic to Loozer, trade him to Toronto. I hear their taxes are around 50%. Cold winters, being as far north from Miami as the NBA can provide. Toronto would be an awesome place for Loozer.

Trade him for anything and a box of cracker jacks.

• Wow !!!!!!!!
    July 28, 2009 11:52 a.m.

You know this guy is really clueless. I am just sorry that Larry Miller is not here to deal with this man-child. I do not think I have ever had such anger for an athlete in my entire life.

Good job boozer , you are two for two when it comes to sticking it to the team you play for. You will be lucky to be even get close to 12 mil. next season. The question is not where your body is , but where your head is. You outed yourself big guy. Any team would have to be crazy to commit anything to you. Thanks for proving us all right. I guess us boozer haters do not look so stupid now. You do my friend.

• Bob2
    July 28, 2009 11:59 a.m.

I'm about one Carlos Boozer comment away from forgetting any of his good moments with the Jazz. Oh well. It's just bball.

• Matt (Las Vegas)
    July 28, 2009 12:00 p.m.

Let's keep him. We're not getting any decent trade offers anyway. If he doesn't show up to camp, we void his contract. Unless we can pull a sign and trade for David Lee with New York, I say we just let it ride. Boozer has to work his tail off to demonstrate he's healthy, durable and worth a big multi-year extension next summer. He has to produce big time in order to get his next payday. If he holds out for a trade, we just void his contract and the luxury tax issue goes away. We don't get anything in return, but at this point I'd call it addition by subtraction.

• DieHard
    July 28, 2009 12:07 p.m.

I still hop that this is all just rumors. It's sad though if he leaves because he is an offensive threat. =(

• Dixie Dan
    July 28, 2009 12:10 p.m.

Milsap over Boozer? Time for Utah fans to take a reality check.

• Miles
    July 28, 2009 12:24 p.m.

Boozer: Do I have to wear the heat uniform? i am used to wearing an Armani suit during games:

Wade: I don't know Carlos, let's phone Charles and get his opinion

Charles: Booz stop faking your injuries and be a man!!

Boozer: (crying) Charles you can't talk to me that way, I am a Duke graduate.

Charles: That would explain a lot!

• Douchey McFadden
    July 28, 2009 12:53 p.m.

What planet is this guy on?

• MJB
    July 28, 2009 1:13 p.m.

why don't we trade him to Oklahoma City or Memphis for any player and a future 1st round draft choice. I would love to see him play for either of those teams (or even Minnesota).

• He's trying to force
    July 28, 2009 1:17 p.m.

the Jazz's hand. Best way to stick it to him is keep him and make him play the year.

• todd from santa ana
    July 28, 2009 1:19 p.m.

I know Okafor is 6 foot 10. I also know he blocks 2 shots a game, yes he frustrated a hard coach to please Larry Brown. His offense is average, but we do not need his offense. Hr intimidates.,good rebounder. Scott Fowler of the Charlotte Observer has written for Panthers, award writer actually prefers Tyson Chandler. Either one would have helped us bottom line...

• Karl Moolone
    July 28, 2009 1:23 p.m.

For practical reasons, I have to confine my discussion to areas that have received insufficient public attention or in which I have something new to say. I would never take a job working for Mr. Carlos Boozer. Given his improvident dissertations, who would want to? This letter has gone on far too long in my opinion and probably yours as well. So let me end it by saying merely that as a time-honored expression maintains, "My comments about Mr. Carlos Boozer can serve as a provisional response to his screeds until a more comprehensive treatment becomes available".

• I do not take anything
    July 28, 2009 1:37 p.m.

Boozer says to seriously. It will change when the circumstances change (next week). Who would not want to make their money in FL where there is no state income tax. However, the property tax makes up for it.

So FL is only an advantage if you don't live there.

The Jazz will get what they want out of a Boozer trade. It may be interesting until they trade him.

Okafor would have been ok but I suspect CHA did not want Boozer playing C. He does not play defense and is to short.

Okafor would have moved Okur to PF and that is not ideal. It fouls up the Jazz system as Sloan currently runs it. He insists on Okur or a C who can shoot outside to give the PF room.

Sloan is looking for a bigger stronger less injury prone version of Boozer at PF who plays some defense.

That will take some time.

The Jazz have Fez if they want to go with a big defensive C. He may even get his act together this year?

I hope the Jazz get some outside shooting at SF and SG and the right PF.

• james
    July 28, 2009 1:50 p.m.

To Carlos--
    if you wanted to play for Miami this yr, why didnt you opt out of your contract and sign a new contract for whatever Miami will pay?

• The Jazz
    July 28, 2009 2:07 p.m.

want Haslem and Beasley for Boozer. Miami is not ready to do that.

Utah can wait for the trade deadline and send Boozer to a team that is dumping long term contracts. He would really like to go to Miami. That is why he is lobbying so hard.

Boozer would then have to play out his contract and then work a deal with Miami or maybe Chicago.

CHI did not want to let go of Thomas. That is also why he was lobbying them. Boozer is making all of the fans mad but he is also trying to let potential teams know he really wants to be there.

• zak
    July 28, 2009 2:16 p.m.

I will be having a party the day boozer the loozer gets traded or cut it will be a big step foward in helping team chemistry but i would also like it if the jazz cut a lot of their high price players accept for d will and get lebron next year

• Dallas
    July 28, 2009 2:20 p.m.

Boozer is happy about his playoff performance against the Lakers? Oh my gosh if the Jazz don't trade this guy soon... I don't if it's for a bag of sand... then it is time to turn the whole Jazz organization upside down and fire those that clearly like any kind of spine.

• MICHAEL JENSON
    July 28, 2009 2:25 p.m.

I vote that the Jazz keep Boozer this season and send him to the D league

• SoCalJzzFan
    July 28, 2009 2:33 p.m.

Anyone else wondering why the Jazz weren't involved in the Chandler/Okafur trade? Bobcats could have got an expiring contract in Boozer, NO could have got Okafur, and we could have got Chandler- a defensive/athletic center which we have needed for as long as I can remember.

• LIAR!!!
    July 28, 2009 2:42 p.m.

"That's not my style. It's not me and what we do," he said. "They're in control of that situation.

Ya, right!!

Lets review.

1. "I'm opting out"
    2. "Sign and trade me" (oops nobody went for that last minute ideal that forced me into #3.
    3. "I'm opting in."
    4. "I would love to play in Chicago"
    5. "The Jazz told me they were trading me soon (lie)."
    6. "I'm getting traded very soon."
    7. "I'd love to play for Detroit."
    8. "I'm going to Detroit."
    9. "I might be going to New Jersey--love to play there."
    10."I love to play for Miami."

Boozer has pimped himself to 4 different teams.

He has manufactured lies about conversations with Jazz management that never took place.

He tells every other team in the NBA that he would love to play for them EXCEPT THE TEAM THAT GAVE HIM HIS FIRST BIG PAY DAY AND MADE HIM A STAR AND THE TEAM HE JUST OPTED IN TO PLAY FOR!!

• Jazz fan in Milwaukee
    July 28, 2009 2:54 p.m.

Hmmm,

What baffles the mind is the fact that Boozer jumped for more money when our economy was doing much better (few years ago), when he spurned Cleveland to sign the more lucrative deal with Utah. If I was Miami or any other team looking at a POS like Booz I would consider that. But you just know some team will be willing to feed his pathetic habits and give him a ton of money even after all this gibberish and mouthing off on radio etc.

• uncle_albert_58
    July 28, 2009 3:03 p.m.

Trade him to Toronto, they have the biggest tax load in the league!

• Miles
    July 28, 2009 3:12 p.m.

Receiving a long term contract back for Boozer would be as dumb as Boozer's comments.

I wouldn't trade Boozer for anything at this point.

Let him put on a Jazz uniform and face the fans.

• Oh Really?
    July 28, 2009 3:15 p.m.

"Boozer doesn't plan on return to Jazz".

Someone give him AK's phone number.

AK had that same silly thought once to.

What Boozer is too arrogant to realize is that the JAZZ NEVER get bullied into trades. They can't. Every agent/player would just line up to copy.

They trade for one reason: to improve the team.

If they don't get a value trade then it won't happen and Boozer will be in camp.

I know it will likely not be ideal for chemistry but nothing would satisfy me more then for Booz to HAVE to perform for his next contract and then get injured and then him not get the big payday that he fantasizes about.

Afterall, it is "hard times for everyone right now".

Is this the guy that just opted IN for a 12.6 million dollar GUARANTEED salary this next season? He got a raise that is multiple times most peoples normal wage.

This bafoon can not find enough stupid comments to make.

All he has to do is open his mouth and the stupid, untimely, self-absorbed, arrogant, selfish, insensitive, egotistical, indulgent comments just naturally flow.

• Carlos BOOOOzer
    July 28, 2009 3:24 p.m.

Regarding the comment:

"If he comes back next season, can we assign him to the D-League?"

That would be awesome! Boozer would fit perfectly into the D-League. If we can't get rid of him and we are forced to pay him his contractual salary, we should just throw him there. All he cares about is money and his own performance. He'd have his money and I'm sure he could rack up points in that league while not playing any defense.

• Spudman
    July 28, 2009 3:28 p.m.

I was accused for the vitreal i had in a post against Boohoozer. This is exactly why i said what i did. The guy is a punk and should be whacked in the head by a Louisville Slugger maybe that will knock some sense into him. Here is a trade idea trade the mascot "Bear" to Toronto for Bosh and a Polar Bear. Utah sends a 2011 secound round pick Release Boohoozer and Make Boohoozer the official new mascot handler of the Polar Bear. A feeding session would sound something like this
    CBoohoozer:Come here "Bear"
    Bear: Rowrrrrrr!
    CB: Now calm down you throw rug
    Bear: Grrowrrrrrr!
    CB:No not my arm!
    Jerry S:now that's what I call an injury!

• Brad
    July 28, 2009 3:39 p.m.

Carlos Boozer's selfishness and stupidity has made him irrelevant to the Utah Jazz. His unethical departure made him irrelevant in Cleveland. The cold feet Chicago exhibited during rumored three-team trade talks show he must have been irrelevant to the Bulls. Due to their pursuit of LaMar Odom he appears to be irrelevant to the Miami Heat. With his pathetic rhetoric the [self described] "great" Carlos Boozer has painted himself in to the corner of indifference. Good riddance!

• Ing
    July 28, 2009 3:52 p.m.

I used to defend Boozer, but not anymore. I guess I can't fault any guy for doing what's in his best interests financially, but it's time the Jazz did what's in their best interests -- not only financially, but by way of putting together a team that's capable of contending for a championship.

Boozer did some really good things for the Jazz (remember the monster series he had against Houston in 08?), but it's obvious his heart isn't really in it anymore. If it ever was.

So I say let's give Booz credit for playing hard when he did play...and hope the Jazz can use whatever trade value he still has to bring in a good player who wants to be with the team.

• Spudman
    July 28, 2009 3:54 p.m.

Boohoozer is a creep. if he doesn't want state income tax he should move to Wyoming. they don't have state income tax there. Here's an idea trade Boohoozer to Wyoming, then Wyoming would trade a pack of wolves and reefer to Golden State. Wolves for the environmentalist problem they have there and the reefer is smoked by GS CEOs who in turn send Biedrins to Utah and a 1st round pick.

On a side note Boohoozer is last seen running a gaming table on an indian reservation in BFN Wyoming

'Boohoo i have to pay state income tax.' Cry me a river you selfish twit.

• No fan of Booz
    July 28, 2009 4:01 p.m.

Silly Jass Fans...Boozer is not going anywhere. The Jazz will prove a point by keeping Boozer. He opted in and they will make him stay, even if his butt is on the bench again for the whole season!

• Chadders
    July 28, 2009 4:11 p.m.

Jazz don't plan on return from Boozer oops I messed up the title. This guy is a freaking idiot. He could have won a ring and been imoortal. Now he's going to be a sleaze-ball hasbeen, that will be the 3rd banana on Miami. Great choice dummy. I just hope we can get something out of him when we trade him.

• Keep Boozer
    July 28, 2009 4:14 p.m.

Like one of the other posters stated, the Jazz need to keep Boooooozer and work him like a rented mule. Bring him off the bench behind Milsap and then, as the trade deadline approaches, sit his butt on the bench. This should adequately decrease his productivity and, as a result, decrease his value. Poetic justice at its finest!

• Shem
    July 28, 2009 4:16 p.m.

One quote in this article is blantant journalistic sensationalism.

On the first page Jody wrote:

[So, can he envision himself returning for a sixth season in Utah?
    When asked a similar question Monday by a Miami sports-radio host, the Jazz power forward-for-now gave a simple, four-letter, two-word response:
    "Um, no."]

The question Carlos was actually asked was whether or not he could see himself signing an extension with Utah, to which he responded "Um, no."

Does that really surprise anyone? No, we all know that he doesn't want to play in Utah. But Jody tried to make it look like Booz was threatening not to show up to play for the Jazz this next season if he's not traded.

That is not what he said and is definetly not something he would do since it would destroy his career.

I'm not generally a Boozer apologist but Jody was definitly spinning Boozer's words to vilify him. From the comments above it's pretty obvious that most Jazz fans have gone so crazy with Boozer hate that they can't see straight. I just hope KOC is smarter than that.

• Stohn Jockton
    July 28, 2009 4:40 p.m.

He had a great "individual" playoff performance? His team lost to the Lakers? Living and playing in Miami allows him to keep a little more money in his bank account? All the right things said...All the more reason why Utah and every other team should be clamoring to resign or sign Boozer to a $20 million per year max deal. Plus, you factor in the way and reasons ($65 million) why he left Cleveland and one can see why Boozer is such a stand-up and hardworking guy.

• Trade Value?
    July 28, 2009 4:46 p.m.

Booze is delusional if he thinks these type of comments in any way help him. Does he really think he had a good series against the Lakers? That only attests to his stupidity, what team is going to give him a deal if such a lackluster performance is the best he thinks he can do? It's going to be fun watching Carlos sweat under the real "Heat" of the ESA lights as he fights Milsap for playing time and a new contract, all the while having to own up to Jazz fans for all his idiotic rhetoric. I can almost here it now...........Booooooooooooooooozer!

• Eric Moutsos
    July 28, 2009 4:55 p.m.

It's time for the booz man to go. :) It was fun while it lasted

• @Anoymous
    July 28, 2009 5:38 p.m.

Boozer, all I hear are how great he is....and me, me, me, the only two letter words he knows unless it's dollar signs $$.
    The more he talks the lower he sinks in my eyes but I'm just one fan but I don't know how fans can put up with being lied to. Just look at what he did to Cleveland before he was a Jazz player.
    I wish Boozer would just get gone to Florida or wherever it makes him happy or wherever the money is and shut up!!!

July 28, 2009 5:38 p.m.

"but I'm staying out of it." How is Boozer staying out of it by talking to the media? I think Jazz fans finally got to him. So, he wants out (some would say he never really wanted to be here). I say the Jazz ship him to... Sacramento That is one place he hasn't said anything about. He would not win there, and he then would pack it in for the season, just like he did with the Jazz, then let's see what kind of money he gets next year... less than midlevel anyone?

• Cowboy Joe
    July 28, 2009 5:40 p.m.

Something tells me Boozer doesn't like playing for Slown. Spolestra is such an enthusiastic coach and fun style of play. Lets see how he plays at 100mph. Probably from the bench.
    If I remember correct Odom and Gasol had there way with Boozer like a prison inmate meeting a new cell buddy.

• TRADE
    July 28, 2009 5:59 p.m.

Booze to NY for KRYPtoNate Robinson and Eddy Curry!!!

• BigJazzfan
    July 28, 2009 6:17 p.m.

Did O'VConnor MISS a BIG opportunity?

Teams were willing to trade chanlder and okafor,

COuld the jazz have managed a trade of okur and boozer for chandler and okafor?

Imagine a front line of ak, chandler and okafor!

But we will never know,

the Jazz NEVER change,
    they always WAY over value the players,
    they are WAY too attached to sloan and his system, and they NEVER win a championship

Add I have to believe the rest of the league actually does not value the jazz players that much.

• Boozerite
    July 28, 2009 6:26 p.m.

After all of my support for the man, here is my final words as "Boozerite".

Cruiser, Looser, team diffuser.
    Schmoozer, chooser, defensive snoozer,
    Only plays a part-time Hoosier.
    Out for money he's a Doozer.

If he's a champion there's a Muse,
    making him think he's in MJ's Shoes.
    Under his Butt I'd like to light a fuse.
    It's not worth the dynamite I'd have to use.

When he leaves and goes away.
    I'm sure you'll hear all Jazz Fans say.
    So long Booz, we're glad your leavin'.
    You screwed us over like you did with Cleveland

When you find another team
    I'm sure you'll work your charm supreme.
    Then when they all get to know you.
    They'll wish they had read this poem about you.

Because all and all your just a loozer.
    We don't love you Carlos Boozer

• mr. j
    July 28, 2009 6:47 p.m.

I love the comments about how the jazz cant get bullied into a trade. keeps the players in line.

thats why i love the jazz.

• re: SHEM (4:16 p.m.)
    July 28, 2009 6:49 p.m.

Nice try, Shem, but your spin was way worse than the spin you claim Jody did. How about spinning in some facts?

To wit, you claimed the question that resulted in the "Um, no" response was "actually" about an extension? Sorry, but actually and factually, you are ... WRONG!!!!

From WQAM's website:

JOE ROSE: "I'm guessing that you believe by the time the season starts, though, you'll be moved. You don't think you'll be with the team [the Utah Jazz]?
    CARLOS BOOZER: "Um, no."

So, what is "blantant journalistic sensationalism" anyway? Is it like trying to make a reporter look like he was purposely lying or spinning when in fact he was reporting the truth?

July 28, 2009 6:57 p.m.

Yea, Mr. $12.5 Million is going to play the world's smallest violin for our pity on his pathetic situation. Yea, he's in touch. Gimme a break. He can go join Latrell Sprewell at the pity pot yacht.

• value for value
    July 28, 2009 7:35 p.m.

Not sticking up for the guy one bit, he's a selfish bum. But trade him and get value for value. . . 20 points 10 rebounds does a lot of talking in the NBA, even though he might give up 30. I think the jazz are doing the right thing. . . waiting until the right offer is on the table.

• comma man
    July 28, 2009 7:41 p.m.

i love you booz,you can stay in the basement with me and my mamma,

• Jazz Fan in Portland
    July 28, 2009 7:43 p.m.

Jazz fans!!! People in the NBA see what Boozer is doing and has done. (Cleveland)

Get the most you can out of him before the trade deadline

Send him to some sub .250 club for the rest of the season
    He will be hurt after the second game.

He will get no more than 1.5 mil one year contract for 2010/2011 season because now everybody in the NBA see that he is not a man of his word (Both Cleveland and Utah)

Man, This Boozer guy needs to learn when to shut his mouth.

• Yanni C
    July 28, 2009 7:52 p.m.

Miami needs to re-up Wade. Boozer for Beasly ( plus cap fillers ... Blount ? ) would be a good trade for each team.

• Boozer for
    July 28, 2009 9:00 p.m.

Mike Miller might be a better move. However, I doubt if that will happen.

• Jazzfan82
    July 28, 2009 9:37 p.m.

I cant believe he went Latrell Sprewell on us!!!!

• Dr Jazz
    July 28, 2009 10:21 p.m.

Read this in print today and wanted to vomit. Can't believe him or how much time I've wassted in the am searching for any news of his trade. Maybe tomorrow is the day.

The only thing worse then no news is the tease of the rumors like Battier/Landry, Tyson etc.

• Boozer Hater
    July 28, 2009 10:24 p.m.

The reason to get in on the Okafor/Chandler deal was not for either one of them, but to send one of them to Houston, so that Houston could in exchange, send us, Battier and Scola. Houston desperately needs a Center with Yao out, and have made no bones about that, and they don't want anything to do with Boozer either. But this gets us what we want from them, and sends Boozer to Charlotte or New Orleans. My preference would have been Charlotte because it's one year of pain for Boozer.

But now that the Jazz let that one slip away, they would have to convince New Orleans or Charlotte to trade their new player, and they problably aren't interested in that. Another opportunity down the drain because KOC is waiting for perfection again.

• Keep 'em
    July 28, 2009 10:47 p.m.

Bring this guy off the bench. Whatever the Jazz trade for him, it will be for spare parts. At least the guy could come off the bench and energize the team with his hunger for stats. Boozer's salary is a sunk cost and whatever we get in return is something close to it. Bring Businessman Boozer off the bench.

July 29, 2009 12:12 a.m.

Yeah cause of course, Everyone makes $20 MILL every year and poor Carlos Boozer makes $12 MILL every year. BOO HOO! Thats a HUGE slap to the face when Dade County Schools have to lay off 400 frickin' teachers this summer! I hope the Jazz just trade him to a German team and get a good German basketball player. I do not want to see this guy in a Heat uniform, especially because I am a Heat fan. He just thinks of himself. Maybe there should be a one man team for Boozer. I mean, its not like there were any other stars on the Jazz. D-Will, Okur, Kirilenko, Millsap, etc. These guys are great players. And he thinks he was the "Dwyane Wade" of the Jazz. Come on, get real.

• boo
    July 29, 2009 2:53 a.m.

wow...boozer is a clown

• Advice His Agent Should Give
    July 29, 2009 4:48 a.m.

Carlos,

BE QUIET! NOW! Other teams don't care about where you "want" to go. The more you talk, the more you hurt your public image, lower your trade value, and delay the trade you desperately want.

You will not be traded until the Jazz have a decent offer, despite your grossly inflated claims about your playoff success, your healthy body, and how much you would "love" playing with so and so or playing in some other wonderful city.

You are incredibly disrespectful to your current teammates, a city that gave you a chance, and the harsh realities of life for people who can never even dream of having the "economic" challenges you face. You are expected to shut up, play hard in Utah until the trade deadline, and come off the bench. Get used to it...

ENOUGH ALREADY!

• John
    July 29, 2009 9:03 a.m.

Come to Miami friend. We will love you.

• tommyk
    July 29, 2009 9:49 a.m.

Jazz are idiots to let Boozer go? he the best and i hope KOC eats the luxury tax because of his bone head mistake

• Coach
    July 29, 2009 4:01 p.m.

GOOD!

• Scott
    July 30, 2009 11:12 a.m.

The Jazz have Boozer in a bind. If they keep him, he has to play hard this year because of upcoming free agency. If they keep him and he dogs it, he's out of a good contract (see Iverson).

• Please
    July 31, 2009 4:40 p.m.

Don't get our hopes up.

• Trent T
    Aug. 1, 2009 8:17 p.m.

He mentioned his wife and their decision about selling their house in Utah. I thought he got a divorce.

• THEeyepatch
    Aug. 20, 2009 4:32 a.m.

Look, unless we are looking to win a championship this season, or even the season after then it's not worth a discussion. Mediocrity = the Jazz. The only other pro-sport team are the Cubs and I don't believe the Jazz sell nearly as much merchandise. They have made Boozer a excuse for not achieving, we have a coach that has never won the big game even with a couple of HOF's. A GM that I'm not sure about what he's doing, and a future HOF in Williams that will be just a waste of talent that will join Stock, Malone, Pistol, and... well I guess that's it. I don't consider myself a true Jazz fan, but I know how much a Championship would make this city ignite. I know that Jazz fan deserves it. I just know that the current coaching staff, management has proven it's inability to provide anything period! Until the ownership make's a decision to go in the RIGHT direction, we will always be mediocre. Nothing against coach Sloan, but he hast to go. His game plan doesn't work. 20 years of tried and not true. Cheers