Real Salt Lake signs JetBlue as airline partner

Comments

• This team is far from failing
    March 19, 2009 12:08 a.m.

With yet another big sponsor rsl is going strong in hard economic times. Can't wait to hear what the haters have to say about this

• sidelineviews.com
    March 19, 2009 7:53 a.m.

I am a big RSL supporter! And love soccer. But honestly... To make a big deal out of an advertiser? I mean, I understand that it is a goo dsign that companies want to commit to multiple years of joint marketing. That is a good thing. But I think that this is a little over hyped!

The news that we REALly need to hear is that we have the best striker in the league comming to Salt Lake. Someone worthy of Morales' expertise!

• jetter
    March 19, 2009 8:48 a.m.

It is about time JetBlue put its name out there in the SLC market. Too bad they don't do something with the Jazz. People always complain how few cities JetBlue flies to out of SLC but it is hard to get people on the flights they do have when people in SLC don't know about it. This will be great exposure for JetBlue and hopefully it will spur some new customers and JetBlue will continue to expand rather than retreat from SLC although dropping flights to Vegas and San Fran doesn't help. I am sure Checketts had something to do with this as he was a big investor of JetBlue from the start.

• T-Bone
    March 19, 2009 9:25 a.m.

I'm sure the illegals who go to the kick ball game will be huge customers for Jet Blue. I'm buying stock today!!

• Hmm....
    March 19, 2009 9:32 a.m.

..Alot of big name companies are jumping on board of the MLS wagon.

They sure are dummies....er wait...maybe they have see the light, and realize the potential that soccer has here in the states.

• T-Bone
    March 19, 2009 9:55 a.m.

Ahhh...the word "Potential". a label used for underachievers everywhere.

• Here's the thing. . .
    March 19, 2009 10:56 a.m.

Sponsors are re-upping all over the league, in the middle of the recession. American Airlines, Best Buy, Panasonic, Volkswagen. You don't renew a contract on potential, you renew it on delivery.

• Ahhh
    March 19, 2009 11:01 a.m.

T-Bone, a nickname that the 80's want back.

• Me
    March 19, 2009 12:00 p.m.

Looks like I fly JETBLUE now and eat Burgerking. I support any company that supports RSL.

• To Ahhh
    March 19, 2009 12:21 p.m.

Ouch!! That's a real stinger. Enjoy the juice box and grapes and your participation trophy. You're an "MVP" (Most Valuable Participant)

• Please don't fee the trolls...
    March 19, 2009 2:09 p.m.

...They are only here to get our soccer article stats up. Thanks guys. We appreciate it.

• keep it comin T-Bone
    March 19, 2009 2:12 p.m.

The more you comment the more hits the rsl story is going to get. Thanks

• WAY TO GO JETBLUE...
    March 20, 2009 11:27 a.m.

WAY TO GO JETBLUE... ALOT OF PEOPLE IN UTAH DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT JET BLUE... THIS WILL BE AN EDUCATION FOR THE UTAHNS... COME FLY WITH US...

• Pattipe
    March 24, 2009 9:53 a.m.

My family and I are huge soccer fans and this is an awesome combination. I too hope it will bring more notice and business thru SLC on Jetblue. We want more flights out of SLC! I say wahoo for Jetblue!

• re: keep it comin T- Bone
    March 24, 2009 3:43 p.m.

The number of hits will increase, but not the number of unique visitors. Story success is based on the number of uniques. T-Bone is just exposing soccer for the dud it is.

• RSL Lover!
    Nov. 17, 2009 10:20 p.m.

I LOVE RSL AND I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED OT GET TO GO ON THIS AWSOME PLANE!! HOLY COW!! YAY!!! I GET TO GO ON IT ON SATURDAY!! YES!! MLS CUP GAME... HERE WE COME!