Utah Jazz game day

Comments

• John Wicks
    March 17, 2009 7:54 a.m.

If the Jazz are serious about winning they should trade Boozer and Miles to Pho. for Shaq. This would give them the true center they have never had. Hopefully Greg Miller will see the light and get us a real center!!!!

• pack it up
    March 17, 2009 9:32 a.m.

without a heart for road wins it might be time to pack it all up, and look for a lottery.

• Re: John Wicks
    March 17, 2009 10:39 a.m.

You must be a Phoenix fan. We would never do that trade EVER!!!

• Anonymous
    March 17, 2009 12:02 p.m.

why not? boozer is gonna opt out anyway. miles is not a great loss...

• why not?
    March 17, 2009 12:03 p.m.

boozer is gone after this season anyway, trade him now. miles is not a great loss...

• Ugh, MIles
    March 17, 2009 12:26 p.m.

To get rid of MIles I'd do that in a heartbeat.

• Anonymous
    March 17, 2009 12:38 p.m.

Trading Boozer now would be a little difficult seeing that the trade deadline has already passed. The Jazz can't make any changes until after the season is finished.

• i want
    March 17, 2009 1:00 p.m.

someone to show some heart and play like the game means something to them other than a pay check.

deron did it for the first 4 games of the road trip and was just plain worn out... not only physically but mentally. you can see how mad he gets at his teammates during the course of the game. i hope he gets back to 100% soon.

ronnie price should be in the game and brevin night should be riding the bike for 20 minutes after for not playing one second. i hope i'm not the only one who has been disappointed since his minutes went to zero after deron came back.

the minutes at the 2/3 should be split between brewer, korver, and AK. miles should NOT be starting and should be riding the bike with knight. why did they match his contract?

maybe the jazz can buy one of those tandem bikes and let knight and miles go ride it around town during the game so sloan has no opportunity to put them in the game. haha!

• STEVE-O
    March 17, 2009 1:13 p.m.

The trade deadline is over so this discussion is a waste of time! I believe Boozer and Korver leave at the end of the year.

• STEVE-O
    March 17, 2009 1:15 p.m.

Good idea! I'll pitch in a few bucks for the Miles/Knight tandem bike. They can ride around all day for all I care.

• magnus
    March 17, 2009 1:40 p.m.

@ STEVE-O

You honestly think Korver will opt out of his deal?

I don't think there is any way he gets more than 5.5 Mil on the free agent market, especially not this year, same with Okur and his 10 Mil.

I think Boozer is the only one for whom it would really make sense to opt out, and I'd bet he's even having second thoughts about it.

• Anonymous
    March 17, 2009 3:44 p.m.

RE: John Wicks

Why would the Suns go for that deal. Centers do not grow on trees.

• todd from santa ana
    March 17, 2009 5:14 p.m.

they would be nuts to trade shaq for Boozer.,I hear that "the Phoenix players want rid of shaq" do you ever watch Robin Lopez and the bench go off and cheer or play with Shaq does anyone think they do not like him, he seems like a guy they all look up to, they play exciting i wish for them they would do better in playoffs because i will admit watching them score 154 the other night was cool

• Miles
    March 17, 2009 5:38 p.m.

John Wicks.....Great idea........Shaq plays such awesome defense and CJ is the worst player on the Jazz. I am sure Shaq would love living in SLC. I hear they need a new sherrif. And I am sure the Phoenix would love to have another non-defender in Boozer and someone who plays half the season.

• Are you people serious
    March 18, 2009 11:40 a.m.

I would trade Boozer for a bag of balls and a jersey. I mean a cardboard cut out of Boozer would play better defense than Boozer himself. But I wouldn't take Shaq. We don't need to turn this thing into the Titanic. Ever since the Suns got him they have been sinking. It would never work the guy has a worse work ethic than Ostertag and Bradley combined. I wouldn't trade a ticket-taker for Shaq. Not to mention the salary impact he would make. The best thing I have heard is Booz and our Knicks pick to Toronto for Bosh.