Faith

'Why I'm a Mormon': Alex Boye

Comments

• atl134 Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 6, 2012 9:48 a.m.

"I made the mistake of telling him I was not interested in his church. Now I became his project. He figured out a way to bring the gospel into every conversation.

He kept trying to find a way to get me to go to church, mostly by talking about the activities. One day he asked me if I liked American girls. I did not realize that this was a trick question until a few weeks later. When I got home from work one night two formally dressed girls were standing on my doorstep. I could tell by her accent that one of them was an American
    "

I hope the lesson people are getting from this isn't "no means yet" or "don't worry, continuously asking non-member friends will work in the end".

• Firefly123 Mapleton, UT
    Feb. 6, 2012 12:02 p.m.

Where is the rest of this story? It quit in the middle, and then went to ads, with no more pages.

• On the other hand Spanish Fork, UT
    Feb. 6, 2012 2:30 p.m.

Kind of an abrupt ending.

• divster Heber City, UT
    Feb. 6, 2012 8:33 p.m.

What a wonderful beginning ("bait") . . . and disappointing non-ending ("switch"). And so we now have to buy the book to hear the end of the story? Not nice.

• Be Practical Sandy, UT
    Feb. 7, 2012 12:08 a.m.

Well, at least they didn't end the story in the middle of a sentence.

• sharrona layton, UT
    Feb. 7, 2012 8:30 p.m.

Be practical; Essentials of the Christian faith .
    1.The Trinity. While there is only one God, He exists eternally in three Persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
    2. Human Depravity Every human is spiritually separated from God, totally incapable of saving himself. Without a new birth no one can enter life.
    3. Christâs Virgin Birth. Jesus was born as a result of a miracle. Through the Virgin Birth, Jesus did not inherit a sin nature.
    4. Inspiration of Scripture. Inerrancy of scripture. Godâs Unity.
    5. There is only one God, uncreated creator of all else. Creation Ex Nihlio.