Signing day: Highly touted QBs Chase Hansen, Travis Wilson sign with Utah Utes

Comments

• MLH SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Feb. 1, 2012 12:51 p.m.

WOW-how fun is this, OL big boys. This PAC-12 thing is really working well. Not to many disappointments, it is great to be a Ute. WOW-again

• Glfklee Santa Fe, NM
    Feb. 1, 2012 1:16 p.m.

Wow is right. I'm a cougarfan. I like BYU's recruiting but I have to comment and cogratulate the Utes for the significant number of Polynesian signings. The scale continues to lean more and more toward the Utes for the poly pipeline, the future will tell if they will be rewarded for the efforts.

Congrats and best wishes, but still: GO COUGARS!

• Ares Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Feb. 1, 2012 1:42 p.m.

MLH- Right you are!
    What a great recruiting class! We have some big boys coming and some pure talent at QB and WR! I can't wait to see where this program will take us being in the PAC now!

Feels good to be a Ute!! Go Utes!!

• Rocket Science Brigham City, UT
    Feb. 1, 2012 4:20 p.m.

Congrats, great class! Just dissapointed about talking Hansen out of serving a mission, an announcement that was made some weeks ago

• D4inSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Feb. 1, 2012 4:29 p.m.

@Glfklee
    Thanks for a nice comment - The "junk" going back and forth is tiresome. Congrats to all the kids and their choices. Hope they make the most of the opportunity

• SoonerUte Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 1, 2012 5:04 p.m.

Excellent class for the Utes! Eleven of the PAC 12 are in the Rivals top 50, showing the higher level of talent that Utah now plays against week after week. Whittingham is known to be able to develop players, so I'm excited to see what he can do with this talented group.

• Oregon Ute Hermiston, OR
    Feb. 1, 2012 7:34 p.m.

To: Rocket Science

It is my understanding that Hansen is going on a mission after the 2012 season. If he is not going that is new news to me and I would also be disappointed. I am wondering if this recruiting class is a top 25 class, anyone know? Go Utes.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Feb. 1, 2012 11:41 p.m.

Oregon Ute, 28th by Rivals, 32nd by Scout and 31st by 247Sports.

• Wayne Rout El Paso, TX
    Feb. 2, 2012 8:37 a.m.

Remember we learned last season that it is not important if a quarterback can throw the ball, what matters most is if they will field kick-offs on the practice team.