Noah Hartsock's father got his gym rat degree from BYU

Comments

• 93 COUGAR Orem, UT
    Jan. 8, 2012 2:58 a.m.

Great article! I love that we are now getting second and third generation players for BYU. Building a legacy one family at a time.

I expect Noah and his wife will continue the tradition, with her being a volleyball player.

I love watching Noah play. Solid defender and is deadly from the baseline.

This team continues to improve and if they can hold tough against Gonzaga, should be in a good position.

Also love seeing EVERY game this year.

Great time to be a Cougar!

• kokua KAYSVILLE, UT
    Jan. 8, 2012 8:33 a.m.

Good job Dick, see checking your sources is very helpful when you right a piece about individuals and there family members.

• Oh, please! Saint George, UT
    Jan. 8, 2012 2:16 p.m.

@kokua

At least Dick can spell...let me help you. See your edited comment below:

Good job, Dick. See, checking your sources is very helpful when you WRITE a piece about individuals and THEIR family members.

• Chempianos Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Jan. 8, 2012 2:21 p.m.

What that article didn't say is that the Hartsocks are a terrific family - no wonder they have great kids. I lived in Bartlesville for years, and watched the kids grow (REALLY grow!) It was always interesting to see how supportive but non-critical Dave and Leslie have always been with their kids. Yes, they are good athletes, but they will not always be playing sports. They will always be good people.

• So. Cal Reader San Diego, CA
    Jan. 9, 2012 10:59 a.m.

So glad to read of Hartsock's dad. Can't wait for the follow-up article about Carlino's second cousin, once removed. Sorry, Mr. Harmom, I could care less about Hartsock's pop. This is the type of DN article that cracks me up.

• cougardevil TEMPE, AZ
    Jan. 9, 2012 12:48 p.m.

So. Cal Reader:

If you could care less, why take the time to read the article AND write a comment? Apparently your job is not very challenging.

Keep the Hartsocks coming - work ethic like that is why we love to watch Noah play.

• Robert Rexburg, ID
    Jan. 9, 2012 3:55 p.m.

I found the list of other athletes who played b-ball quite interesting. I got to watch Steve Young play a pick-up game of basketball in the Smith field house. He dropped 3-pointers like Michael Jordan!