Utah Jazz face tough personnel decisions

Comments

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    Dec. 17, 2011 12:55 a.m.

"O'Connor hasn't ruled out a possible trade."

A trade is not likely. All indications are the Jazz want to wait and see what happens with this group (over the next 6-8 weeks) before pulling the trigger on a trade. Someone would have to offer them a good to great deal for anything to happen now ... not impossible but unlikely.

• Doug10 Roosevelt, UT
    Dec. 17, 2011 9:02 a.m.

CJ's new headband should read "good for a trade now"

Somewhere in that band of 18 the Jazz should have somebody who can score.

Go Corbin

Don't let Hornacek mess up the shooting of anybody

• Vince the boonies, mexico
    Dec. 17, 2011 9:32 a.m.

All things considered I would personally trade Bell & Miles for draft picks, and Jefferson before the trade deadline for a need. I believe that Burks will be able to be a backup point guard as well as a SG with his passing and driving abilities. At least if possible sign Carter and Gilder then assign them to our Idaho D-league team.

• Richie Saint George, UT
    Dec. 17, 2011 10:26 a.m.

They look dumb to me but make headbands a non-issue. Let them wear them, Tyrone it ain't Jerry's team anymore.

• Captain L Provo, UT
    Dec. 18, 2011 9:57 a.m.

I would much prefer Burks as our 3rd point guard, that will also give him more PT as he will be behind Bell, Hayward and CJ. CJ played well last night and I may be going out on a limb (shaky limb at that) but I think CJ will have a good yr, he has a different mindset than in the past. Consistency has been his problem and only time will tell but I'm hoping CJ has a consistent yr, if he can be consistent he will be good. I love Haywards game, he knows how to create for himself and others and makes the game easier for his teammates. Favors really needs to set up and show he can be a force especially on D but offensively he has the skills, just needs to be assertive. This yr will be interesting but probably not the best for wins vs loses.

• chiefbrady Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 19, 2011 10:56 a.m.

Does anyone know why Sloan/Corbin hate headbands? Seriously? Of all the ridiculous items and miscellaneous things worn (wristbands, goggles, goofy hair colors, tattoos, spiked mo-hawk hairdos and ugly sox), they have headbands on their "no" list? Really?

If it even has a chance of making the player feel more comfortable, I say let them wear it. Maybe if Sloan was more concerned about developing players instead of appearance, we might have two Championship Banners in the rafters instead of just looking uniform.

Ugh...