Utah State football: Gary Andersen receives contract extension

Comments

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Dec. 15, 2011 11:31 a.m.

Best news I have heard this week. Coach Andersen started to make a difference the moment he accepted the job as USU. It takes a great amount of effort and vision to turn a program around. Praying that Gary has many more years and continued success in Cache Valley.

Go Big Blue!!!

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    Dec. 15, 2011 12:06 p.m.

Great news! Well deserved. Now if USU can get to a better conference he can build on this years success.

• MJB Tooele, UT
    Dec. 15, 2011 12:29 p.m.

Can't wait until Saturday's game. Good news that he intends to stay until after the 2017 season. I am looking forward to many more yearsd of success with him at the helm. Go AGGIES!

• GoGetter Sandy, UT
    Dec. 15, 2011 12:59 p.m.

I can't wait to see what Coach Anderson can do to the program. Great job Aggies for the improvement and the bowl game. Best of luck over the next few years!

• Sports Nutz Smithfield, UT
    Dec. 15, 2011 1:21 p.m.

This is great news! It's amazing how the feeling toward AGGIE FOOTBALL has changed in such a short time. Coach Andersen talks the talk and walks the walk by sticking to his word and his players and the AGGIE fans appreciate it. Now let's go win a bowl game. GO AGGIES!

• Shawnm750 West Jordan, UT
    Dec. 15, 2011 3:03 p.m.

As a Ute, I was saddened when it was announced we were losing Coach Andersen. However, I took consolation in the fact that he was going to Utah State. He's really taken that program to a new level, and I foresee even more good things in USU's future. Way to go Aggies - kick some butt in Idaho!

• Aggie84 Idaho Falls, ID
    Dec. 15, 2011 7:26 p.m.

In the next few years I see the Aggies now making the Utah and BYU game a rivalry where wins will come. Utah is now a 3 horse State. It has been great to see how BYU and Utah fans have been posting more positive comments about my Aggies. It is now time to make a statement as a State and win all 3 bowl games.
    Go AGGIES!

• SportzFan Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 16, 2011 9:37 p.m.

Dear Gary,

Many fans would be glad to add to your salary if you will give up the "prevent" defense.