Jimmermania begins as Sacramento Kings open camp

Comments

• DaveinSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Dec. 10, 2011 11:27 p.m.

I'm totally geeked out for Jimmer in the NBA. I hope things go well for him there. I'll be watching a lot more King's basketball this season for sure.

• Magna Ute Fan Magna, UT
    Dec. 11, 2011 7:48 a.m.

Way to go Jimmer. Best of luck to you in your new setting.

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Dec. 11, 2011 11:17 a.m.

Jimmermania will be over when he does absolutely nothing this year.

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Dec. 11, 2011 12:19 p.m.

Good luck dude.

• skywalker Palo Alto, CA
    Dec. 11, 2011 12:45 p.m.

motorbike

Jimmermania will begin in the NBA the moment Jimmer breaks a defender's ankles with a crossover dribble and buries a deep 3.

Sactown is expected to be a lousy team, so Jimmer will be given lots of leeway to do his thing, which, for his first couple of years with the Kings, is simply to be an entertainer.

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Dec. 11, 2011 1:33 p.m.

skywalker -

I was just messing around ... I actually hope Jimmer does well, he's a good kid and handles the attention quite well.

That being said, I don't think we'll be seeing near as many Jimmer moments in the NBA, I just think he'll have a hard time running the point and getting a team into it's offense. The caveat to what I just said is he certainly did land on the right team... one of the two teams that are perfect fit for his style...NY and Sac. And Sac will give him a lot more opportunity right away.

Good luck Jimmer, I hope you do well.

• Jazz Source Alpine, UT
    Dec. 11, 2011 5:17 p.m.

The big advantage for Jimmer is his team and his coach.

The team already stinks so it will be hard for them to be worse.

The coach, Westphal, is known as a "players coach". Translation? Easy on players and little defense required.

Jimmer will likely excel because Westphal runs a loose undisciplined program and he won't get the hook the second he makes a mistake.

• GoGetter Sandy, UT
    Dec. 11, 2011 8:50 p.m.

Oh great, Jimmermania is back....

Just what I want to hear everyday again.

• UteMiguel Go Utes, CA
    Dec. 11, 2011 11:47 p.m.

anything to further divert attention away from ute basketball. sigh.

• PA Rock Man Allentown, PA
    Dec. 12, 2011 7:39 a.m.

I think Jimmer will be decent, not an all star but capable of coming off the bench and contributing 8-10 points per game. Many will call him a failure for this, but I consider that a successful NBA career. If he is good enough to stick around and play for 10 years then he will be successful.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Dec. 12, 2011 7:48 a.m.

Please tell us what he eats for breakfast and who cuts his hair.

• AZRods Maricopa, AZ
    Dec. 12, 2011 11:31 a.m.

I wouldn't label Paul Westphal as an undisciplined coach.
    He's very creative and finds ways to win games and adjust to other teams.
    I think Westy is the perfect coach for Jimmer to start out with.
    Playing behind the recent rookie of the year will also be a good example for Jimmer to watch.
    Two good reasons for me to watch Sacramento.

@ErnestT
    He eats Honey Bunches of Oats with bananas on top for breakfast
    And his mom cuts his hair.
    jk, but I'll bet ErnestT eats sour grapes for breakfast;)

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Dec. 12, 2011 2:18 p.m.

Jimmershakalaka!!!

• Alterego Ogden, UT
    Dec. 13, 2011 8:28 a.m.

@ go getter. I know! I can't stay away from any article containing the word/name "Jimmer", "Jimmermanina" or "Fredette" either. lol