BYU football: Brandon Doman remembers the dreadful loss to Hawaii in 2001

Comments

• BYU Deek Spanish Fork, UT
    Nov. 30, 2011 8:36 p.m.

I remember that game, it was hard to watch. I also remember how two days prior to the game the BCS announced that they were not considering BYU for a bowl game. The heart was taken out of that team before Hawaii started scoring. Here's hoping this trip will be different!

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 30, 2011 8:36 p.m.

How do you give up 72 points?

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    Nov. 30, 2011 10:18 p.m.

Probably the same way, I think it's called choke.

• dustman Nampa, ID
    Dec. 1, 2011 7:39 a.m.

Its called "Hawaii hits hard." And they seem to hit harder when they play BYU.

I hope BYU receivers cowboy-up and don't get scared. I hope the BYU running backs hit the holes hard and don't try to dance. I hope the BYU O-Line pass protects. I hope Riley avoids the hits.

Most of all, I hope Doman doesn't choke. Again.

• UtahBy44 Beaver, UT
    Dec. 1, 2011 12:05 p.m.

Attention Doman;
    Déjà vu

Good Luck Band of Lil Brothers

• UtahBy44 Beaver, UT
    Dec. 1, 2011 12:08 p.m.

@Y Grad / Y Dad

"I don't know, how do you lose to the worst road team in the nation, at home? On senior night? With a chance to play in the Rose Bowl?

Probably the same way, I think it's called choke."

The Y should obviously know!

Sept 17th 20011 54 - 10

Hang in there Band of Lil Brothers!

• Elmer Fudd Sandy, Utah
    Dec. 1, 2011 12:24 p.m.

"Brandon Doman remembers the dreadful loss to Hawaii in 2001"

I'm sure he does remember that game! How can you not remember that 72-45 rear end kicking that shattered BYU's perfect season and BCS hopes. I'm sure Doman had nightmares ever since that game.

• cougarNV Las Vegas, NV
    Dec. 1, 2011 12:34 p.m.

"Y Grad / Y Dad | 10:18 p.m. Nov. 30, 2011
    Richland, WA

Probably the same way, I think it's called choke. "

I like it Y Grad/ Y Dad. Usually I don't see you be so Harsh. I like it.

I too remember the feeling of the week back then. To go from Undefeated to no Luke Staley, no BCS and the most embarrassing loss I have ever witnessed. (Even worse than 54-10 of this year)

I hope Coach Doman makes up for it this time also.

Go Cougars!!!!!!

• bradleyc Layton, UT
    Dec. 1, 2011 1:23 p.m.

it is always interesting how any game BYU plays and any article that is written about BYU brings out the haters from the university of utah.
    I am glad that our good Utah fans love the Cougars so much that they care to express their opinions every time BYU comes up in a conversation. Right on!

GO GOUGARS!

• UtahBy44 Beaver, UT
    Dec. 1, 2011 1:54 p.m.

@bradleyc

Ooooookay, so whats your point?

Hang in there Band of Lil Brothers

• cheeks Corona, CA
    Dec. 1, 2011 2:36 p.m.

@UtahBy44

"Ooooookay, so whats your point?"

There are no Utah articles. No one cares (especially here in SoCal). You obviously do care about BYU. You're here. Thanks for your interest.

• nairbnosral American Fork, UT
    Dec. 1, 2011 2:41 p.m.

@UtahBy44

"Ooooookay, so whats your point?"

The point is you can't stay away from BYU articles because you are obsessed.

• UtahBy44 Beaver, UT
    Dec. 1, 2011 3:51 p.m.

@cheeks

"Thanks for your interest."

Welcome ;o)

@nairbnosral

"The point is you can't stay away from BYU articles because you are obsessed."

True, obsessed with watching a once great program fall into oblivion.

Sooooo, whats your point?

Hang in there Band of Lil Brothers

• Stackhouse paradise, nv
    Dec. 1, 2011 8:06 p.m.

When you cough up the ball 10 times and lose 7 of em and still score 45 points without Staley you have a potent scoring machine.