3A football finals: 'Everything is different' as Tigers, Thunder meet again

Comments

• DSC Cougar HURRICANE, UT
    Nov. 17, 2011 8:19 p.m.

I'm glad Coach Homer isn't overlooking Desert Hills. I think this game is going to be really close, and I'm only hoping that both sides aren't going to think that they have the state crown already.
    GO TIGERS!!!

• keoki Saint George, UT
    Nov. 18, 2011 7:10 a.m.

Good Luck Thunder

• Oldcoach Hurricane, 00
    Nov. 18, 2011 7:39 a.m.

I think it will come down to who plays best in the snow and cold. It was freezing for the game vs. Spanish Fork last week--advantage HHs? Maybe. Time for talk is over--Let's go play this game! Go Tigers!

• #3bighit#3 OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 18, 2011 7:48 a.m.

i grew up in region 11, playing against the region 9 teams were always circled on the calender. the kids down there just play good football. im so stoked to watch this game. desert hills will come out playing, saw them play stansbury and they ran the ball awesome, hurricane defense needs to play tough tonight to get this win. i truly hope those hurricane boys pull it off. they deserve it more than anyone in this state. i think hurricane is overall the second best team in the entire state, with logan being on top. GOOD LUCK Tigers & Thunder. it will be a great game( hopefully)

• UtahBruin Saratoga Springs, UT
    Nov. 18, 2011 9:02 a.m.

@#3bighit#3

I agree with you that Hurricane is good and deserving. Not quite sure they are #2 in the State. Logan is great! As for now I would have to say that Lone Peak, Fremont and East would beat Hurricane. It would love to see the winner of the 5A and 4A play eachother. It would be another great thing to find a way to get the 3A Champ in there as well to really determine the best team in the state. My thoughts for today are Lone Peak wins the 5A, Logan wins the 4A and Hurricane wins the 3A. I think Logan and Hurricane do it in runaway blowouts. Lone Peak I believe is going to be much closer. Would love to see those three play eachother. Good Luck to all!!!!

• John Paul Orem, UT
    Nov. 18, 2011 9:15 a.m.

No way does East beat Hurricane. Hurricane beat down on a Pine View team that took East for all it had. I think Hurricane would give both Logan and Lone Peak good games. I don't know if they could win(nelson and Hanson are animals), but it would for sure be a good game or two.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 18, 2011 9:54 a.m.

John Paul, I also think East is better than Hurricane. Hurricane might be better coached, but East has better players at nearly every position. And Logan isn't the best team in the state. Any team that has Chase Hansen would be the best team in the state. And that happens to be Lone Peak.

• DSC Cougar HURRICANE, UT
    Nov. 18, 2011 10:40 a.m.

I think that Hurricane would give any of the good teams in the state a small challenge, Hurricane may not have the best players and but they are a great team. However, this isn't what the article is about. I am just happy with Hurricane in the state final game for the 4th year and am looking forward to the outcome.

GO TIGERS!!!

• ummmm utah, UT
    Nov. 18, 2011 10:46 a.m.

How come they dont allow this game to be played in Southern Utah, (SUU or Dixie).

• HHS fan St. George, UT
    Nov. 18, 2011 12:14 p.m.

No way East beats Hurricane. They barely beat Skyline.

• fender Washington, UT
    Nov. 18, 2011 3:54 p.m.

John Paul

Hurricane would certainly give East a game, but it's pretty silly to claim Hurricane would beat East based on game comparisons, the PV game in particular. According to DNews PV had more offense than Hurricane and held the tigers to their lowest rushing total of season. I saw some of that game online and it was no "beat down" by any means.