Utah State basketball: Brady Jardine trying to reach greatness

Comments

• Cibolo TX Cougar CIBOLO, TX
    Nov. 2, 2011 7:03 a.m.

I dont know Brady Jardine the USU basketball player. However, I do know the Elder Jardine that served in the Texas San Antonio Mission, that had dinner appointments in my home and taught/baptized a young lady in HS that was a friend of my son. If the same work ethic that was displayed on his mission is any indicator of how hard he is working on the court, he will be successful. We (my family and I) wish him all the best!

• Louisiana Cougar Pineville, LA
    Nov. 2, 2011 8:43 a.m.

Great article about a fine young man. I predict that this guy will give the Cougars and a lot of other teams fits!

Always enjoy reading about Aggie basketball. Good luck and I hope you win those thirty games this year. (I just hope you don't beat the Cougars!)

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    Nov. 2, 2011 9:00 a.m.

Jardine has near a 40" vertical. I hope he brings it all together this year. he should be able to drive and blow by just about any center there is. USU always has a basketball team that plays well and is fun to watch. I will see them play every chance I get.

• HawaiianAggie Roosevelt, Utah
    Nov. 2, 2011 10:03 a.m.

I think the Aggies will have a good season, but not as good as last year's team. We still have some morphing to do with Thoseby, Medlin, and Thornton. Jardine and Pane look really good, and I have a feeling Igor is going to do very well.

Go Aggies!

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 2, 2011 12:00 p.m.

Excited to see Jardine lead this young team. Stew has a great track record of developing great young men.

Go Big Blue!!!

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    Nov. 4, 2011 1:15 p.m.

Jardine is no Wesley. I'll give credit where credit is due. Wesley was a good player. You can't reach greatness when you are an aggie. Greatness implies that you win at least one round of the NCAA tournament. If my memory surves me correctly USU has never made it past one round. Sorry Jardine you might be a good player. You just play for a bad team

• HawaiianAggie Roosevelt, Utah
    Nov. 4, 2011 2:36 p.m.

Stang08, you are incredulous. Utah State beat Ohio State in 2001 in the first round. Nice try. I'm not sure where all of this animosity towards Utah State is coming from.

• VAggie Bristow, United States
    Nov. 4, 2011 3:01 p.m.

@ Strang08 Jardine is a beast. Every bit as good as Wesley, just different... Although not technically a "starter" last year. He was the "6th man"... often times the 6th man is just as if not more important than players who start. The 6th man brings in high energy and big plays. John Wooden once said : "Its not so important who starts a game, but who finishes it". Jardine is one of 2 key players from last year returning. Also USU has won a tournament game not to long ago USU upset Ohio State.

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    Nov. 4, 2011 4:17 p.m.

Ok but have they won one ever since that? And was that before the begining of time itself? Yes he is a beast unless he faces a team better then his aggies. I've stated where this animosity comes from. No matter where you are you follow your team and treat the opponents and their fans like scum. The way SUU was treated a couple years ago was so bad. You people have no respect for anyone unless they are an aggie. If you started treating opponents with respect I wouldn't have a problm. Don't tell me they are the best in the state and if the opponents can't handle it that's their problem. That's a load of garbadge. Show us you can win this year and I'll eat my words.

• 3141 Columbus, Ohio
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:46 a.m.

Can't wait to see Jardine play again - what an athlete!

• VAggie Bristow, United States
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:50 a.m.

Has SUU ever even BEEN to the tournament? The fact that USU has received at large bids in a conference like the WAC is an accomplishment. Conference Championships are also accomplishments. Although the only relevant year is the current one, USU winning 4 conference championships in a row, means that its already a proven program.

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    Nov. 9, 2011 2:02 a.m.

Until the tournament. No SUU hasen't but really USU shouldn't be in the tournament at all.