BYU football: Bronco Mendenhall got his strong work ethic from time at Oregon State

Comments

• Cougar Claws Lindon, UT
    Oct. 12, 2011 1:33 a.m.

Let's hope Saturday brings more future, good memories!

Go Cougs!

• basstacklegirl Burley, ID
    Oct. 12, 2011 6:52 a.m.

I grew up being a beaver fan. I was a student at BYU when OSU came and pulled out that win on BYU's home turf. I wore my OSU orange to that game and rooted for the Beavers. I will be rooting for BYU this week as they face the Beavers. Cougs fan first, Beaver fan second.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Oct. 12, 2011 8:11 a.m.

It's funny how huge those pads were then. It's amazing they could even move around wearing those things.

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    Oct. 12, 2011 11:57 a.m.

Why would he have anything but good memories?

those pads are awesome, they make him look like he's 12 and wearing his older brother's gear...

• ClarkHippo Tooele, UT
    Oct. 12, 2011 12:08 p.m.

OSU may be 1-4, but this won't be a cupcake game like San Jose State.

I hope Mike Alisa can have another solid game and Riley Nelson can avoid throwing any picks.

As for those old shoulder pads, I agree they're pretty interesting.

• WhatsInItForMe Orem, Utah
    Oct. 12, 2011 12:25 p.m.

Does anyone know which channel number equates to "Fox College Sports Pacific" on DirecTV or on Comcast?

I can't find any channel of that exact name.

• Katiebugg Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 12, 2011 12:43 p.m.

Love the photo!!!

• Oregonian Sherwood, OR
    Oct. 12, 2011 12:49 p.m.

Looking forward to going to the game this weekend. I'm telling all my Beaver co-workers that there is good news/bad news for them this weekend.

The bad news is that if BYU brings their A game on offense the Beavers don't stand a chance.

The good news for them is that our offense hasn't been better than C- all year.

• ClarkHippo Tooele, UT
    Oct. 12, 2011 1:18 p.m.

I remember watching that game. BYU's starting QB got hurt pretty bad and the backup came in. That was one BYU season in which defensive players like Jason Buck and Shawn Knight kept the Cougars from ending up below .500.

@WhatsInItForMe 12:25

The Deseret News TV listings has the game scheduled to air live on KBYU Channel 11.1.

@Oregonian 12:49

You're totally correct, except I would probably give the Cougar offense a B- in the San Jose State game. Minus Mike Alisa it would have been a C-.

• zeba North Ogden, UT
    Oct. 12, 2011 2:06 p.m.

Love the picture. Does it remind anyone else of wah ter boy?

• Carnak Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 12, 2011 3:54 p.m.

@ WhatsInItForMe | 12:25 p.m. Oct. 12, 2011
    Orem, Utah

It is part of the Fox Sports Net regional group of channels that is an add on to the basic Directv package. It is now called Root Sports Northwest and is channel 687. If that channel is carrying Colorado @ Washington, it will be on a sister channel right by it.

• BlueNtheFace Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Oct. 12, 2011 4:07 p.m.

I heard that the game will be on Fox College Sports Pacific channels (DirecTV) 698, 617, 623, and 626. They're only available thru the sports packages though. Bummer for me.... but there's a rebroadcast on BYUtv at 8:00 Mountain Time. Yay.

Go BYU.

• DSC Cougar HURRICANE, UT
    Oct. 12, 2011 5:09 p.m.

The game is also on KBYU too

• fresnogirl Fresno, CA
    Oct. 13, 2011 11:45 a.m.

For those who live outside the KBYU area, you can also watch it on their website live and streaming! Go Cougars!!!