Utah Utes football: Pac-12 football rankings

Comments

• Max-was-right springville, UT
    Oct. 5, 2011 9:26 p.m.

wow, behind washington state?

future is crimson...

• Lifelong Ute Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 5, 2011 9:40 p.m.

Kyle is one of the best coaches in the nation at finding and developing overlooked players. Hayes will "rise up." I think Arizona State is slightly overrated. They're talented, but I think it will be a very close match and although last week home field didn't mean much, it normally does.

If we beat ASU I'd say we'd be back to being favored to win the division and play in the first Pac 12 championship game. They still have to play Oregon, which is a guaranteed loss. This means both teams have 2 conference losses, and we would hold the tiebreaker over ASU. We control our own destiny with a win this Saturday. I'll be there. Will U?

• Mormon Ute Kaysville, UT
    Oct. 5, 2011 10:37 p.m.

Time for the Utes to dig deep and step it up. This is a must win to salvage hope of a Division title. If we win this game, the Division race becomes a dog fight.

• anti BCS Anaheim, CA
    Oct. 6, 2011 12:14 a.m.

As expected, the Utes have found their home at the bottom of the PAC 12, right behind Washington State.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 7:33 a.m.

Frankly 8th is to high a ranking, but the teams below them are pretty lousy so it would be hard to rank any of them higher.

• sports-junkie West Jordan, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 8:38 a.m.

Would it be fair to say the game this week is the biggest game in Utah history?

I have loved the way THOSE have turned out for you folks.

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 9:25 a.m.

Sadly, Utah will lose their next two games badly. If they can go 2-1 against Cal, UCLA and WSU along with beating the PAC patsies, they might get back to the Vegas bowl. A winning season, even if it includes the Montanna win, and a bowl game is better than nothing.

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    Oct. 6, 2011 10:21 a.m.

Yep. After losing our starting QB, and forced to go with a former D-II player, 8th sounds about right to me. However, I'm not sure what the frantic and emotional, mid-majored 54-10 Holy War losers are gloating about. They got PONED by 44-pts on their own home field on national TV by the Utes. They also stormed the field, on national TV, after rallying from 11-pts down to beat a 1-3 WAC team. Wow! Talk about EMBARRASSING!

I guess the only way for them to assuage themselves of the pain of knowing their season was over after their 1st loss -- which was in Week 2 of the 2011 season by the way -- while the Utes, despite their 0-2 record in Pac-12 play, are STILL mathematically in competition for a Rose Bowl invitation. Poor cougs; TEEMING with Ute-envy! Haha!

Oh well. Have fun down there in the WAC!

• U 90 Corona, CA
    Oct. 6, 2011 11:53 a.m.

Y Trolls,

If you are correct in your assertion that Utah football is horrible, what does that say about BYU (i.e. 54-10)?

Brilliant posts boys, keep them coming.

• defibman Syracuse, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 1:36 p.m.

The u is right about where I thought they would be this time of year. Just wait, there will be more surprises just around the corner. Well, so much for this Rose Bowl thing let alone a NC.
    What does it say about BYU? Well that question could be reversed. What does it say about the u.....just that you are the little brothers who will always be chasing the big brothers looking for the NC, Heisman, Outland and the many many other awards that the Y has that the u will just keep dreaming of and never quite making it. Yes, you will win some and lose some, but u will never make it to the NC. Good Luck trying, but let's keep all things in perspective.

• hohum Saint George, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 9:13 p.m.

Vet:
    Are you saying utah season is over, from you that is something. I guess the win over y is your season. Shows how obsessed the u is with the y. 8th in the pac10 is about as good as it gets. I said it three weeks ago, the u would loose to Wash 34-14, as I said ASU 38 u 10, I will let you know in a week about the other scores.

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    Oct. 7, 2011 9:09 a.m.

hohum:

Can you cut-&-paste the part where I said Utah's season was over? Because I can cut-&-paste the part where I said, "while the Utes, despite their 0-2 record in Pac-12 play, are STILL mathematically in competition for a Rose Bowl invitation."

Poor irrelevant Indy-WACer. Your season ended in week 2. Ours continues.