High school football: Stallions stampede past Trojans 27-14

Comments

• Mr. Morgan Morgan, UT
    Sept. 24, 2011 7:42 p.m.

As predicted... Morgan misses playoffs completely. Congrats Stansbury.

• Veracity Morgan, UT
    Sept. 24, 2011 10:41 p.m.

Whose prediction?...yours?

• Mr. Morgan Morgan, UT
    Sept. 24, 2011 11:03 p.m.

Sorry, I, made this prediction in two other threads. They lose to BR this week, and lose to Ogden the last week. They have a shot against Tooele, and may make the 4th seed and be a one and done team against Spanish Fork in the first round. Hope I'm wrong, but don't think that I am.

• ADIDAS Tooele County, UT
    Sept. 25, 2011 1:21 a.m.

Mr. Morgan

Upset parent? I don't understand why someone is bagging on their own team? Take some pride and actually say something good about your school or change your name.

• Veracity Morgan, UT
    Sept. 25, 2011 7:26 a.m.

Wow...can you tell me the numbers for the Idaho lottery? I am impressed with your insight, it is really profound.

• Hometown Boy Small Town, UT
    Sept. 25, 2011 8:23 a.m.

Mr. Morgan, why would you hope you are wrong when you so boldly make those predictions. Obviously you don't understand the game or the team. Morgan may be a little down this year, but they are not out. Have some hometown pride and build up the team, don't tear them down with your comments. Go Trojans, prove them wrong.

• Mr. Morgan Morgan, UT
    Sept. 25, 2011 3:21 p.m.

The kids are great and I hope I'm wrong for their sakes, but the coaching won't allow them to go far and no I'm not a parent, so there is no grudge there, it's just a simple fact that coaching is holding them back.

• Hometown Boy Small Town, UT
    Sept. 26, 2011 7:11 a.m.

Mr. Morgan
    Is it the same coaching that has taken the team to the semi's and playoffs for the last 5 of 6 years with the same coaching staff, running the same offense? Maybe it is nonsupportive community members, like yourself, that cause problems for the school and coaching staff, that is the problem. IF you think you know so much, why don't you go to the coaches and talk to them. I have had multiple conversations with them, and I think what they are doing isn't that bad. It comes down to execution. I have yet to lose a game from the stands. Support the program. Go Trojans

• Mr. Morgan Morgan, UT
    Sept. 26, 2011 9:14 a.m.

I have talked to the coaches, but they won't talk to me. I know probably too much about the team and care too much and that is where I get myself in trouble. Yes it is the same coaching staff that has gone downhill every year. They lose in an earlier round each year. Last year they lost in the first round, so if the pattern holds true, they won't make the playoffs this season. It doesn't always come down to execution, but it always comes down to preparation and leadership and I know that the coaches don't prepare the kids as well as they should and they don't know how to lead. I want the kids to succeed, but the coaches aren't helping. This is my last comment in this thread. Good luck to the boys... Go Trojans!!!

• Fanly Town, UT
    Sept. 26, 2011 11:01 a.m.

Morgan coaching is questionable as the team fails to make adjustments during the course of a game. However, Morgan has been without their best player for the past few games due to injury and should be back soon. They will not miss the playoffs, the region is just too weak for Morgan to finish out of the playoff picture.

• Otigers LAYTON, UT
    Sept. 26, 2011 11:40 a.m.

I think there is merit to this comment. Not only are they missing one of their best running backs,they are missing their big center for whatever reason. With the two of them out I think it has hurt the offense immensely. Their offense stalls without them, the bulk up front with the power and running skill behind, look thru the stats they need them back! The two of them coming back would make a huge contribution and makes me quite concerned when they play us in the next few weeks. I know the back was injured, but was has happened to the center? I've heard rumors he was benched and replaced with a young Sophmore, coaching error or injury?

• TCnewsie Tooele, UT
    Sept. 26, 2011 1:19 p.m.

I am not too worried about Morgan losing to Bear River. Morgan is down a bit but Bear River is struggling a bit more and should leave Morgan and Ogden to fight it out for the fourth spot. Fans like Mr. Morgan are poison to a community and a team and probably let the coaches coach (just like it says inside the Morgan gym). I give Stansbury credit for having a successful season and being a surprise team, at least a surprise to people outside of Stansbury Park and Erda. I don't even know the Morgan coaching staff but I am continually impressed with the season results with the talent that they have to choose from. I just hope the four teams from Region 11 represent well in the playoffs this year.

• yankees27 Heber, Utah
    Sept. 26, 2011 5:59 p.m.

being a coach is like being a lineman, whenever things go great and the team scores or wins, the "skill players" get the kudos, and conversely, when backs can't run or the QB gets sacked or the team loses, it your fault. It's a no-win proposition, if you can't handle that, you shouldn't be a lineman, or a coach!

• Just Saying 2 Morgan, UT
    Sept. 26, 2011 10:43 p.m.

The center was benched because he couldn't get to the second level as well as the Sophomore who won the lineman of the camp award at the BYU camp this summer. Not a coaching error, just pure fact. As for the running back, he played against Stansbury and had 5 carries for 36 yards. Not as good of a combination as you state.

• Bulldogs Salt Lake, UT
    Sept. 27, 2011 11:42 a.m.

Mr. Morgan should go into coaching. He sounds really smart. Why wouldn't Morgan coaches listen to him?

• Trojan observer LAYTON, UT
    Sept. 28, 2011 2:10 p.m.

Morgan will be fine going into the playoffs. They should win the next 3 region games. They have already played the toughest part of their schedule.

• Trojan observer LAYTON, UT
    Sept. 28, 2011 2:24 p.m.

Morgan will make the playoffs. The loss to Grantsville hurt, but they should win the next 3 games. Stansbury was a better team the Morgan last Friday.