Utah Utes football: Tony Bergstrom expects to return in 2 weeks

Comments

• utahcountyute Cedar Hills, UT
    Sept. 18, 2011 12:18 a.m.

Trevor Reilly was amazing! He had is hands in Heaps grill all night.

Love the D at the U!

• wwookie Payson, UT
    Sept. 18, 2011 12:34 a.m.

Tony, get back to us soon, we need you out there!

• JustGordon Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Sept. 18, 2011 8:06 a.m.

National TV and a pounding of your rival...what could be sweeter?

If these kinds of performances continue for the Y, they may wish they had been on the Mountain instead of ESPN...less exposure would mean less embarrassment.

• byronbca Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 18, 2011 9:03 a.m.

Good week for a bye week, Christopher and Wynn took some shots too, hopefully we'll get Tony back for AZ state; I thought we were in real trouble when he went down.

• Ticky Burden salt lake city, ut
    Sept. 18, 2011 11:19 a.m.

Here's to a quick and complete recovery , Tony. Congrats to the O-Line and all the Utes.

• DrUte Woods Cross, UT
    Sept. 18, 2011 11:31 a.m.

There were quite a few special moments, many special plays, but one that stands out in my mind was Chandler Johnson giving it up on the kickoff that blocked the Y receivers from picking up the funble, knocking it loose again and seeing it result in Mo Lee's fumble recovery.

Special in my mind because according to the U roster Chandler is a walk-on with a great family history, and he gave it up for his team on that hit. 6' and 180 pounds from South Jordan. With the guts of 6 foot 6 and 280 pounds.

That kind of commitment is what it takes to be a champion and be on a championship team. Don't know if any championships await this 2011 team, too early to tell, but I sure know a championship effort when I see it.

Chandler, you earned your drum & feather on that one. Your Dad must be bustin' out all over this morning; congratulations, for that moment in time you were (and are) The Man.

• afro14 Sandy, UT
    Sept. 20, 2011 12:21 a.m.

I'm glad to hear Bergstrom isn't seriously hurt, and congrats to the O line for an amazing performance even though he was absent. I'm also glad that Devonte will be healthy after the shots he took, and I'm hoping that Uale will get suspended by the NCAA for his dirty tackle on Christopher. Apparently the NCAA is reviewing the hit...