"Not only that, but multiple studies including a recent one by Harvard
University have shown that home teams are systematically awarded more favorable
officiating calls than visiting teams."===That was
a nifty spot on Utah's 4th down play against USC on the final drive of the
Utah's chance of playing in BCS game:Considering - We done
play StanfordWe don't play Oregon(until title game)USC can't go to
title gameWe're one of top 2 teams in Division(USC the other)30% Chance Utah plays in Rose Bowl70% Chance Oregon plays in Rose
Bowlbyu's chance of playing BCS game0% chance, like
every other yearLOLUtah 31byu 17Mark
I can picture a conversation between Chris and another person:"Hey Chris B, what time is it"?"Utah's chance of
playing in BCS game:Considering - We done play StanfordWe don't play Oregon(until title game)USC can't go to title gameWe're one of top 2 teams in Division(USC the other)30% Chance Utah
plays in Rose Bowl70% Chance Oregon plays in Rose Bowlbyu's
chance of playing BCS game0% chance, like every other yearLOLUtah 31byu 17Mark it Down!"I'm sure Chris has a very interesting life.
And this is NEWS???
Home field advantage or not, if BYU's offense makes more mistakes than Utah's
offense, the Utes win. Home field hasn't caused any recent games to be anything
but close.However, I'll give BYU a slight nod because:-
I don't think Heaps and Doman will have another uninspiring offensive game a
third time in a row. Utah's defense is as good as Ole Miss and Texas, so no
lights-out show by BYU, but still BYU's offense will be good enough to get the
job done.- I see Wynn's shoulder as not being back to norm yet. It
might take him half the season or more to get it back to where it was before the
injury. That'll affect his accuracy enough to be a liability versus BYU's
defense.Both defenses acquitted themselves well enough last week for
the teams to be in contention. So, this will be a low scoring affair---no more
than 21 points by either team.
Hey, Chris B: You increased your predictions from 0% to 50% last week. Good
job. Too bad the negative 50% was Utah's outcome. I look to you going back to
0% after this coming Saturday. BYU players will be angry, they will be playing
at home, and they will be hungry. Their offense will also be ready, along with
their excellent defense. Look for a Cougar on the loose. BYU 40, Utah 10.
MARK IT DOWN!
Chris B,This is the fourth or fifth time I have read your
"chances" post. You have copied and pasted it with the SAME typo
("We done play Stanford") in every BYU article.Please give
it a rest.
@ Chris B, is that Ute logic... assume that you're automatically going to
somehow make the title game? UofU didn't do too well against a 1-AA team, and
lost to a very average USC team. Yes UofU has a chance to make the PAC title
game, but I don't think they've proven themselves on the field yet to conclude
that all they need to do is beat Oregon... Right now I dont see them as top of
their division like you claim.
Just like USU will NOT win the WAC right. BSU left and USU still has no shot at
a title. Good luck for the season guys. You need all the luck you can get.
No home teams are not favored by the ref's. SUU is never favored by the ref's.
We've had to scratch and claw our way to the top and get respect from everyone