Utah Utes football: Jordan Wynn continues to say shoulder 100 percent

Comments

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Sept. 8, 2011 7:33 p.m.

Utes are 9 point underdogs against USC. Cougs are 7 point underdogs against Texas. Let's hope the odds makers are wrong and there are two undefeated teams playing each other in LES on Sept 17.

• SoCalUtahFan Utesville, CA
    Sept. 8, 2011 7:42 p.m.

I think it's about time to stop asking about his shoulder.

Let's hope a good week of preparation will translate to a Utes W.

Can't wait to watch the game.

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Sept. 8, 2011 9:35 p.m.

Maybe the headline should read: "DNews continues to ask Wynn about shoulder"

• Jordan Lynchburg, VA
    Sept. 8, 2011 9:43 p.m.

Go Utes! I'm stoked for this game! I hope the guys give their all and I will cheer them on throughout the whole game! Let's get a win!

• Ibleedcrimson Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Sept. 8, 2011 9:44 p.m.

Here here Cougfan, I hope the state Utah steps up and makes us proud in both venues.

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Sept. 8, 2011 10:10 p.m.

Maybe the headline should read:

"DNews continues to ask Wynn about his shoulder and if BYU will be a part of Big-XII expansion."

This would cover like 80% of articles listed under both teams these days.

Almost makes me yearn for Jimmermania.

• jimmypage Meridian, ID
    Sept. 9, 2011 8:39 a.m.

As a loyal Cougar, I'm picking Utah to win this game. Wynn has the first game jitters out, I'm sure he's been working hard to improve over the last week, and Whit knows how to get his guys ready for the big games. Contrast that with USC and their dismal performance over Wisconsin and it's clear that Utah will win this game.

BYU, on the other hand, has their work cut out for them. Here's hoping both teams can pull off a W.

• WhatsInItForMe Orem, Utah
    Sept. 9, 2011 9:07 a.m.

There's a difference between feeling 100% and being 100%. Wynn's arm will be a liability against USC, unless Chow sticks with a quick short passing game and lots of running back plays.

Would like to see the Utes upset USC (and BYU beat Texas) so that next week's matchup could have greater significance nationally.

• Mormon Ute Kaysville, UT
    Sept. 9, 2011 9:52 a.m.

I'm looking forward to seeing Wynn and the offense show what they can really do. Hopefully the 10,000 Ute fans can help them out with some noise too. Go Utes!!

• Christy B Salt Lake City, Utah
    Sept. 9, 2011 10:25 a.m.

Wynn's shoulder is fine. He's just been resting it.

• plyxply SLC, UT
    Sept. 9, 2011 10:44 a.m.

so which qb was the bigger disappointment last Saturday, Heaps or Wynn?

• U 90 Corona, CA
    Sept. 9, 2011 11:31 a.m.

I'm sure Jordan's shoulder is 100%, it's his head I'm worried about.

Perhaps the recent passing of his grandmother and teammate's wife will help him realize that life is too short to go at it tentatively. Live today like it's your last day. Go get'em Jordan!

• LonestarRunner Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 9, 2011 11:46 a.m.

plyxply

"so which qb was the bigger disappointment last Saturday, Heaps or Wynn?"

Heaps - everyone knows he can do much more than he showed last Saturday

Wynn, on the other hand, last Thursday, played about as well as can be expected

• plyxply SLC, UT
    Sept. 9, 2011 12:43 p.m.

I was hoping for much better things from both qb's this year. I thought Heaps was confident enough last week but didn't back it up with his performance, Wynn on the other hand didn't seem to believe in his ability to make the throws. I have a hard time believing his arm is better, he threw much harder before the surgery.
    I think you're right about Heaps Lonestar, he is expected to be much better and hopefully he'll have a break out game this week. If he doesn't do something soon I'm afraid he'll end up as Ben Olsen II.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Sept. 9, 2011 6:25 p.m.

Until Wynn does something significant this story will continue to pop up.

Let the mind games continue.