Utah Utes football: New offensive line coach Tim Davis no stranger to U.

Comments

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    Aug. 16, 2011 9:01 a.m.

Sounds like a great coach. I hope KW is able to enjoy a long run with the Utes like Lavell Edwards did at BYU. It would be really cool to have the stadium or field named after him in 20 years. Hopefully Davis can stay with him and avoid moving again. I have moved a bunch and it gets really old.

• Harry the Ute SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Aug. 16, 2011 9:03 a.m.

Great to have you back Tim! Your experience and enthusiasm will really help us out. Go Utes!!!

• UtahGal Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 16, 2011 10:20 a.m.

Fun Stuff, great story. Good luck Tim, thanks for coming back.

• pocyUte Pocatello, ID
    Aug. 16, 2011 11:30 a.m.

"Loud little man" classic.

I don't think the hire of Davis can be overstated in it's importance. Chow is the sexy hire, but in terms of the team reaching it's potential, I think Davis' hire is just as important.

• Utah/BYU man Kanab, Utah
    Aug. 16, 2011 1:17 p.m.

I recall Tim as a team-mate while playing @ Utah a day-or-so ago; an his enthusiasm is and will be an additional support entering the Pac-12 (not to mention Chow's experience in the same an depth).

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Aug. 16, 2011 11:12 p.m.

Glad he is here. He'll have his work cut out for him considering the injuries.

• DrUte Woods Cross, UT
    Aug. 17, 2011 1:38 p.m.

I appreciate the Deseret News bring forth this very nice piece for the U fans, Thx Mike, nice work!

I know I'm standing at arm's length here, but it appears that when you look at the U coaching staff, the combination of unbelievable experience coupled with credible youth, it appears Coach Whit has achieved Critical Mass in terms of assembling a powerhouse group of coaches.

It remains now to see how the staff deports itself in game-day real-time situations, but all the signs point to a very strong added dimension --- coaching skill and experience --- that will help the U football team achieve a very strong showing in this first PAC-12 season.

So Welcome Back to the entire Davis family, we need you!! Get those LHB's (Large Human Beings) healthy again & give JW the opportunity to ring up the stats.

You gotta love it!! :)