Utah Utes football: Jordan Wynn says arm is 'fine' at practice

Comments

• Lifelong Ute Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 3:01 p.m.

It's going to be a special year. The pac 12 memebership is what we needed to propel us past the "average BCS games" to the big one. This team has the chemistry, speed, and coaching to go all the way. Top 5 by end of season!

Utah football is a beautiful thing.

• Laser Iowa City, IA
    Aug. 10, 2011 3:13 p.m.

I thought Langi was the top dog according to an article posted earlier.
    Who is White? What's going on?

• Mormon Ute Kaysville, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 3:17 p.m.

White is a JC transfer. He was very good at the JC level and may continue to get better as he catches on to the Utes offense.

• JonnyDanger HOUSTON, TX
    Aug. 10, 2011 3:29 p.m.

Why is it that we get specific stats for every QB at BYU's camp, but nothing about the Ute QB's? As a Cougar fan I am very excited about our backup QB's and the way the are playing, but I hope we never see them until the ends of blowouts. As a fan of the Ute's all but one game a year I am fairly concerned about Wynn-I want to know more and I certainly want to know how the backups are doing in case there is more to his "soreness" than the coaches are letting on. I wish him the best and hope his are is fine all year-1. so that we can (hopefully) beat the Utes at the top of their game and 2. so Utah can represent by shellacking the rest of the PAC!!

• Riverton Cougar Riverton, Utah
    Aug. 10, 2011 3:45 p.m.

Hmmm.... I would think that after about 8 months of not throwing a football, he would need all the practice he could get. I agree with not overexerting yourself, but not using the arm at all to rest it seems risky. He's probably very rusty, and getting your timing with the receivers is an important part of this offense. Plus, there probably isn't a "magic button" he can press to suddenly be ready for game after game, week after week when they roll around.

I don't know, I'm sure Coach Whittingham knows more than I do. Just my 2 cents.

• Papa Smurf UTE Herriman, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 3:46 p.m.

Wynn will be OK, the issue is Brenner and Asiata going down. We are already thing at the O line, and having an experienced lineman in Breener go down is huge. They said on the raido that it could be at least 2-3 weeks before he is back, and it might even be longer than that. They will need to evaluate the elbow here again in the next few days. I am OK with Brenner missing the Montana St game, but we need him back and healthy by USC. Asiata is only a freshman, and is still trying to pick up blocking schemes. Hopefully its a small sprain that wont keep him out for long. Moving Latu over from teh D line to the O line will help with depth, but changing positions is never an easy thing. I am confidant in the coaches, and that they will get it all worked out.

• Mike Johnson Stafford, VA
    Aug. 10, 2011 3:50 p.m.

John White had 1491 yards on 184 carries and 16 touchdowns last year as he led the Los Angeles Harbor Community College Seahawks to their conference championship. He was also the 2nd leading receiver for his team with 21 catches for 176 yards. Utah has a stable full of backs that look pretty good.

• UU32 Bountiful, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 3:55 p.m.

This "precaution" with Wynn is suspect to say the least. Wynn's shoulder is not "fine". I'm more concerned with the O-line right now however. Maybe Latu can give a little depth. I've not seen this little depth on the o-line at Utah is quite some time. Spring practice showed we need each of the starters to stay healthy. Not good . . .

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 4:18 p.m.

The last two years Wynn has been surrounded with solid and experienced players. He did not have to be spectacular but he was solid when healthy. This year there will be more demanded of him for the team to be good because of the inexperience at RB and somewhat at receiver. The O line is what really makes me nervous. It is pretty common to lose someone during the season. I hope Wynn is completely healthy. He seems to have a strong mind which is half the battle.

• Adam Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 4:19 p.m.

Is there a capable quarterback at the U to repalace Wynn? I watched him last seaon against a good defense like TCU (similar to what he'll see all year) and he was terrible. Is Wynn truly the answer? Or is there someone else? I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see Wynn as the future for the Utes.

• byronbca Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 4:28 p.m.

As far as Wynn's health is concerned, I'm much more worried about offensive linemen going down which could lead to Wynn getting hurt, than his health right now.

Shoulder injuries are fickle and can be reaggravated easily, I believe Wynn will be 100% against USC, but if inexperienced O-linemen and running backs start missing blocks, he might not be 100% for byu. It's still the first week of camp so lets hope that somebody can step up and take over that guard position. Thank goodness we have 2 really good tackles.

The one silver lining to Wynn's throw count is that it gives the backups much needed time with the first team.

• SportsCenter Olympus Cove, Utah
    Aug. 10, 2011 4:31 p.m.

Sore shoulder, limited practice, just resting... but everything is "fine".

It's not time to hit the panic button yet...

but, it's getting close.

• UU32 Bountiful, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 4:34 p.m.

Adam, unfortunately, the next best thing in the Utah program at quarterback is currently practice with his high school team in California and will be a true freshman -- next year.

• Veritas Aequitas Fruit Heights, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 4:37 p.m.

This article reminds me of the UofU preseason basketball articles.

• Ragnar Danneskjold Bountiful, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 4:57 p.m.

I hope it really is fine, but this worries me. We first heard 100 throws/day, then I heard 70, now he needs a day off? I hope he is okay.

Re: JonnyDanger
    I have often wondered the same thing about stats. Why do we hear about every single pass thrown by the BYU QB's, but not Ute QB numbers? I think those stats are a little misleading, because hopefully the coaching staff is putting them in situations where they can learn and become better (or sometimes putting the in situations where they can have a high completion % to build confidence), but it is just an interesting observation about DNews coverage.

• Mildred in Fillmore Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 4:57 p.m.

Jake Heaps can throw better left handed.

• Tomahawk Red North Salt Lake, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 5:02 p.m.

Wynn has potential but I doubt he is the answer for Utah. This season will determine a lot regarding whether we need to go after a QB next year.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 5:10 p.m.

Lotsa stuff in this article.

Already thin offensive line now a devastated offensive line. Moving d-linemen, freshman d-linemen, over to the offensive line is not a good sign.

Mediocre qb that had shoulder surgery, didn't play during spring, has barely thrown all summer, is not throwing at all in practices. From what I understand he will not throw at all in the afternoon practice either. That is not indicative of a shoulder that is 100%. Something here doesn't add up.

JC transfer rb is now #1. Hmmmmm.....so much for the rugby player, that was a pipe dream anyway, but the 4 star freshman not being ahead in this race? That is a surprise. Now the jc guy might be a pretty good runner but the fact he only weighs in at 185#'s doesn't bode very well for that "downhill, north/south" running game the new offensive coordinator is supposedly installing. That calls for a big back.

Very interesting indeed.

• CG Orem, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 5:10 p.m.

If this were MLB, Whittingham would be on the horn to Mendenhall right now trying to trade a couple of hitters and a future 3-star recruit to be named later, for a starting pitcher (Munns).

I feel sorry for Wynn, he's a nice kid, but to the Utah fans who have been in denial since last season, remember, BYU fans have been sending up signal flares for months warning that this could happen.

• MAFU Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 5:43 p.m.

Lot's of orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists chiming in from Provo today. Their expert medical and football opinions are always welcomed on Ute articles.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 6:01 p.m.

"Jordan Wynn says arm is 'fine' at practice"

And what would we expect him to say? Wynn has already shown his propensity to hide his injuries. Remember last season?

And an O'line meltdown.

Forget about the fans, how much more can Coach Chow take?

• Kankles Miami, Florida
    Aug. 10, 2011 6:02 p.m.

@ MAFU | 5:43 p.m. Aug. 10, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT

The Duck is much more than just an orthopedic surgeon. He has the inside scoop on all items BYU or Utah related.

Now the fact that Hypes can complete 90% of his passes against the BYU defense doesn't worry Ducky at all. That's just practice stuff.

Can't wait for the last 2 months of the season when Utah is playing a PAC 12 schedule and BYU is playing the WAC. Ol' Ducky will be telling us how the BYU games are much more interesting.

• Mildred in Fillmore Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 6:22 p.m.

@ Kankles | 6:02 p.m. Aug. 10, 2011
    Miami, Florida

but BYU's strength of schedule is 99th out of 120 teams. Doesn't that put us in the top 25 or the bottom?

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Aug. 10, 2011 6:43 p.m.

Not your typical Cougar fan here . . . I actually cheer for the Utes to go 11-1. But if there's truth in this article, 11-1 will be a dream not a reality.

I'm not alarmed that Wynn's arm needs a rest. He hasn't thrown much during the off season, and he's getting back in shape. Taking a day off seems normal. If he takes a couple of consecutive days off, sound the alarm.

But the O line has got to be a much bigger concern. Especially moving a D linemen over. There should at least be enough depth on the O line, to move the #2 or #3 guy up instead of stealing from the defense.

A weak O line is not what a QB coming back from shoulder surgery who can't run or an inexperienced RB needs. I'm surprised that Langi hasn't become the "go to guy". I can't imagine using John White to run up the middle; he's smaller than DiLuigi.

If some hidden treasures aren't found for the O line, this season could quickly spiral downward to an 1 - 11 season, and the one win won't be in Provo.

• Uteology Fort Worth, Texas
    Aug. 10, 2011 8:22 p.m.

@Adam

Yes there is a good backup to Wynn.

In 2010 TCU had the #1 defense in the country, #2 team in the nation. So rest easy my Cougar friend but Utah won't be facing a similar team each game this year. Then again we won't be facing 5 WAC teams so yes Wynn needs to bring his A game this year, only Heaps can bring his C game and win good teams.

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Aug. 10, 2011 8:33 p.m.

@Uteology
    "Yes there is a good backup to Wynn."

Please, do give a name. Enquiring minds want to know.

• truecoug1 Provo, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 9:13 p.m.

Small comment on scheduling.

I've found it interesting that in the Sporting News, Phil Steele, Athlon, and Lindy's college football previews for 2011, each one has talked about the difficult schedule BYU faces in its first year of independence, especially out of the gate.

They also all comment on how Utah has the easiest schedule of any PAC 12 team.

Just thought all of you Ute fans would like to know the opinion of some of the experts.

But as we all know, preseason talk is moot. We'll really know how tough each team's schedule is about 6-7 weeks into the season.

3 and a half weeks and counting!

Go Cougars!

• 1984 for life Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 9:30 p.m.

@ truecoug1 | 9:13 p.m. Aug. 10, 2011
    Provo, UT

A schedule of WAC schools is tougher than a PAC 12 schedule? There goes your credibility.

• BYUHOCKEY American Fork, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 9:37 p.m.

sounds a bit wierd to have a the QB defending his health status. based upon the secrecy of past great players i suspect we are not getting the whole story. i hope the Utes are getting the backups plenty of reps so they can fill in if needed. maybe this is what today was all about. USC and UCLA will spare no mercy on the QB.

• truecoug1 Provo, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 10:08 p.m.

@1984 for life "A schedule of WAC schools is tougher than a PAC 12 schedule? There goes your credibility"

Not my words, man...just quoting from the college football experts (though I use that term loosely).

Besides...if you looked at what they actually said, it wasn't that BYU's schedule is tougher than Utah's. It was simply that BYU had a tough schedule, especially out of the gate, and that of the PAC 12 schools, Utah had the easiest schedule.

But last time I checked, our schedule isn't composed entirely of WAC teams. @Ole Miss, @Texas, vs Utah, vs UCF, @OSU, neutral against TCU, @Hawai'i...I'd put that up against @USC, @BYU, @Pitt, vs OSU, vs. ASU, @Cal and @Arizona for sure.

Our cupcakes are worse than your cupcakes, I'll give you that. But I'd say BYU's got the tougher schedule with the quality opponents they play.

Just my opinion, however, though it appears to be shared by Phil Steele, Athlon, etc. :)

Go Cougars!

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 10:10 p.m.

@kankles

I notice you don't have any thoughts on the actual subjects at hand? I'd be concerned if the team I root for seemed to be coming apart at the seams 3 days into fall camp.

But hey if focusing on me helps you to stay in denial and gets you through the night I don't mind. I'm here for you ute "fans". I'm listening.

• Carnak Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 10:21 p.m.

@ Duckhunter | 10:10 p.m. Aug. 10, 2011
    Highland, UT

Are you listening or are you at your quarterback lessons?

• ute alumni Tengoku, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 10:34 p.m.

what arm?

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 10:45 p.m.

@carnak

Another utah "fan" who never makes a single post that doesn't mention, or is aimed at, me. I do love it.

LOL!

• statman Lehi, UT
    Aug. 10, 2011 10:55 p.m.

QB's whose shoulders are 'fine' throw during practice.

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Aug. 11, 2011 12:04 a.m.

His arm is fine. It's his O-line he's worried about. One of Utah's strengths has been adaptabilty and coaching, so hopefully they've got this covered.

truecoug1, while I don't disagree with your schedule argument per se, I do find it strange that some Y fans have no problem using "@ Oregon State" as a quality opponent then rip on Utah's Pac-12 heavy schedule. OSU is considered an also-ran this year, on the road or at home...

One thing is for sure, we'll see soon enough if predictions like CougFaninTx's (paraphrased) 'spiraling down to 1-11 without hidden O-line gems' and sammyg's quasi-hedged 'Montana State upset' will actually come to fruition.

• Iheartblood Salt Lake, Utah
    Aug. 11, 2011 12:10 a.m.

• Uteology Fort Worth, Texas
    Aug. 11, 2011 5:00 a.m.

@CougFaninTX

That's up to the coaches to decide who the backup will be, you'll have to wait until the end of camp to find out who that is.

I for one think that KW and Chow are great football coaches, so by moving Robles to defense I am assuming they feel we have good depth at the QB spot. Then again I'm a Ute fan and your a Cougar.

• truecoug1 Provo, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 8:45 a.m.

@MiP "I do find it strange that some Y fans have no problem using "@ Oregon State" as a quality opponent then rip on Utah's Pac-12 heavy schedule. OSU is considered an also-ran this year, on the road or at home..."

Very true. If OSU is a quality opponent for BYU then they're a quality opponent for Utah, which is why I listed them both when comparing the two schedules.

Exciting times for both BYU and Utah. I'm looking forward to this season (and the future) for both teams to make their mark on the national stage.

I'm that includes on Sept 17th for BYU :)

Go Cougars!

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    Aug. 11, 2011 8:46 a.m.

The number of Y fans posting on this article really shows how far apart Utah and BYU are now. Y fans are 100% focused on beating Utah - that's BYU's whole season. But I honestly don't know a single Utah fan that's even had BYU cross their mind. We've got much bigger things than a silly out-of-conference, in-state game to think about.

It's like there's some magical sign on these Utah articles that says "fans of mid-major, non-AQ schools should post here!"....weird.

• Adam Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 8:49 a.m.

@Uteology

Actually I am a Ute fan and was asking a fair question for someone with a little better insight than me to answer.

You will be asking this same question by about game 3 or 4.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 9:01 a.m.

@uteology

"I for one think that KW and Chow are great football coaches, so by moving Robles to defense I am assuming they feel we have good depth at the QB spot."

Or perhaps that robles simply isn't a very good qb? The truth is qb is a position of weakness for utah, the qb's they have are not very good and they are not deep at the position. No matter how good a coach Whittingham is, and I agree he is a very good coach, this is a position that has been under recruited and poorly recruited.

I think that will change with chow there, he will make sure there is an emphasis on recruiting enough quality qb's that this years situation will be avoided in the future but for now it has obviously been handled poorly by Whittingham and his staff and it should concern utah fans.

• TOO Sanpete, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 9:09 a.m.

I am BY FAR the biggest BYU fan, but I am excited to see the Utes play as well. I hope they do well in the PAC-12. Instead of just being excited for the Cougs, I'll say I'm excited to be a citizen in Utah.

• Riddles in the Dark Olympus Cove, Utah
    Aug. 11, 2011 9:20 a.m.

Interesting.

So three weeks from today, Wynn is going to flip a magical switch where his arm really will be "fine", he and his receivers will all be on the same page with reads and timing, and Wynn will have the new offense mastered -- all with limited throws in practice and time taken off to "rest".

And all of this is going to work with a paper thin offensive line and without any experienced running backs to take the pressure off the passing game.

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    Aug. 11, 2011 10:14 a.m.

FYI, according to the U's facebook page, Wynn is throwing this morning, as we speak. Could it be that Whittingham was (gasp!) telling the truth and there really is no conspiracy? Could it be that they were just giving Wynn's arm some recovery time?

Guess the Y fans can start worrying about losing the only game on their schedule that matters again...

• GuitarGuy Layton, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 10:39 a.m.

@ Brave Sir Robin - You claimed earlier that no Utah fans are concerned with BYU, yet both of your posts here have taken shots at BYU. So which is it?

Why does Wynn need recovery time if he is supposedly "100% fine"? He has barely thrown at all since camp began. It doesn't match up. Add yet another injury to your offensive line, and I would start circling Sept 17 on your calendar, if I were you. Because USC is going to eat you alive, and the race for the PAC 10.2 South title will be over for Utah in week 2. Therefore, BYU becomes the only game of significance for you, as well. And - make no mistake - it's not going to come down to a FGA at the end this year. Have your hanky ready.

Brave Sir Robin ran away... Bravely ran away, away. When a Cougar reared his fearsome head, he calmly turned his tail and fled...

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Aug. 11, 2011 10:53 a.m.

Mildred in Fillmore | 4:57 p.m. Aug. 10, 2011
    Heaps can throw better with his feet.

• Tom in MS Madison, MS
    Aug. 11, 2011 11:24 a.m.

Before everyone jumps off a cliff about the O-line, you need to remember that the defensive player coming over is just adding more depth. Has anyone looked at the roster lately? The Utes have 8 returning lettermen on the O-line, plus 3 or 4 JC players, as well as at least a half dozen or so incoming frosh. That's just for the O-line. My guess is that they wanted an experienced lineman to help with the depth, regardless of which side of the ball his experience was from. You need to have a full complement of 1's, 2's, and 3's. In a normal year the Utes will have 7 or 8 O-linemen who are game-ready, just in case of the injury that was spoken of earlier (I believe right now they are at 6, plus the juco's, with the injuries). Please don't think we are down to 3 or 4 experienced linemen, because that's absolutely not the case.

• UU32 Bountiful, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 11:49 a.m.

Tom in MS -- Did you see the spring game? Most of the number 1s were not playing and Utah barely had enough o-linemen to field one full line. The 2s performance (against the 2s,3s and 4s on defense) was awful. This is an issue. Especially given that Wynn has proven to be a bit fragile. OK, very fragile. I hope you are right and the O-line is not an issue.

• Thlete Draper, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 12:09 p.m.

Love all the desperate Coug fans that are trying to sound the alarm for Utes fans. Wynn was throwing all summer with his receivers, his timing is already fine. In fact, he just threw for 152 yards and a TD in the scrimmage this morning, so don't you all look like fools now.

O-line depth is a concern as you want to have a good 3-deep set and we have a 3-deep injury list at guard, but the injuries should all be cleared up by the time we play a real game on Sept 10. It's unfortunate that precious camp time will be missed, but we'll be good to go. Thanks for your concern, Coug fans!

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Aug. 11, 2011 12:42 p.m.

Thlete | 12:09 p.m. Aug. 11, 2011
    When he throws for more than a 100 yds vs USC, then will stop the alarm..... he won't.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 12:58 p.m.

@thlete

"Wynn was throwing all summer with his receivers, his timing is already fine. In fact, he just threw for 152 yards and a TD in the scrimmage this morning, so don't you all look like fools now."

And yet just one article away is this little tid bit:

"Hays said he's currently taking all the No. 2 repetitions over freshman Tyler Shreve, and even worked with the first string yesterday after probable starter Jordan Wynn complained of a SORE ARM."

Not sure who to believe here. The desperate utah "fan" trying anything to conivince himslef everything is alright or the actual backup getting all the reps because the other guy is "complaining of a sore arm".

Anyone else know who I should go with on this?

• Ibleedcrimson Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 1:20 p.m.

"Anyone else know who I should go with on this?"

You mean you don't?? Mr. Utah insider...

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 2:05 p.m.

Iheartblood -

"according to rogerspoll, there are only 2 teams on BYU schedule this year with a weaker SOS than Utah last year. Idaho State and UCF."

Help me out here, why does it matter that you're comparing BYU's schedule this year to Utah's schedule from last year?

Is this another one of those BYU fan that skews statistics to make himself feel better kind of deals?

• ave guy Murray, Utah
    Aug. 11, 2011 2:28 p.m.

Uh hello. Surgery ..not throwing the day before a scrimmage. He is NOT ready to play and will likely have a tough time being ready against Montana High, let alone BYU on the 17th.

• BlueNtheFace Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Aug. 11, 2011 2:57 p.m.

Why do you Ute fans claim that it's BYU fans "worrying" about Wynn's condition. We're not. You are. Read these last couple of articles covering Wynn - they're rife w/ doom and gloom posts by Ute fans. BYU fans are just popping off when they hear motorbike, mgr, Thlete and the like dismiss all of the signs and stick their proverbial heads in the sand.

Wynn did good this morning by throwing '17' times. Now he'll be out for a day or two, "resting" the soreness of his perfectly "fine" shoulder. Hmmm...

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Aug. 11, 2011 3:21 p.m.

motorbike | 2:05 p.m. Aug. 11, 2011
    Just like all you Utesie fans on here "skewing" Wynnies injury to make it look like he's at 100% and will light up the PAC-12. Against the Montana pee wees sure, he'll throw for 250 yds and be in the Heisman talk. But after that the wheels are going to fall off. Go COUGS!!!!!!

• Ibleedcrimson Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 4:34 p.m.

"Utesie fans on here "skewing" Wynnies"

Do all BYU fans sound like Gollum or is it the resessive genes speaking?

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 4:40 p.m.

jarka-rus -

uhhhm, for the record, I haven't seen one Ute fan post a comment saying we think he's 100%. Find me that post will you?

We're simply not going to worry ourselves and think the sky is falling down when the word is he's doing okay.

And by the way those Montana pee wees you're talking about are 7th in the country in the FCS rankings and are in the same conference that has your opponent Idaho State predicted to be last.

• Who am I sir? Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 4:53 p.m.

@Mildred in Fillmore

"Jake Heaps can throw better left handed"

We hear you loud and clear. But don't be too critical, yet. One of coach Whit's best qualities it being able to bring out the best in a player. Put him in a position where he can excell and maximize his full potential. (Perhaps that is whey is was rated the best coach in college ball - to do the most with the players he has.

So work with coach Bronko. Someday, he will be told that Jake is better as a left handed passer. At that time, you and the 14 who have given you stars (and obviously has observed the same thing), will see him as a southpaw.

And for the posting that Jake can throw better with his feet - I really do think you are in error. I don't think Jake is that bad.... however, if he takes his shoes and socks off so he can use his toes.. maybe, just maybe, he will improve?!

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 6:42 p.m.

Da da dum, the plot thickens...

Is Wynn telling the truth this year about his arm or is he keeping a 'dark' secret?

You can almost smell the Ute fear...

By Sept 10th it will be panic mode, by the 17th fans will be in that all too familiar fetal position.

@mototrike

"I'd be more careful bringing anything regarding schedule into your comments, it's too easy for Ute fans to blow you apart on that topic."

w/l record last year of your scheduled opponents is 45-62 or something along those lines. Some real talent there for a team that gives up against real opponents like TCU, ND, BSU and had some lady luck against AFA, SDSU and BYU

Yeah, right

• scott182 Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 11, 2011 8:42 p.m.

Utes defense must be one hardcore bunch of guys to keep taking our massive O-line down.

• BigCougar Bountiful, UT
    Aug. 14, 2011 4:33 p.m.

@whoamisir?
    "One of Kyle's best qualities is taking guys and putting them in position to excel."

So are you saying Jordan's moving to defense now?Being so delicate maybe zWynn should hold for place kicks.

Kyle's kind of a one trick pony in that regard, don't you think? It's not amazing to lie to a recruit that he can try out for QB and then give him 10 seconds in practice before moving him to defense. He took Chad Manis and moved him to defense. Same for Blechen, Robles, christopher (wr), and pretty soon Chase Hansen.

Not rocket science that nobody wanted Kruger or these other guys as QBs. Other coaches were just honest up front about it. Most if not all of these kids played both sides of the ball in HS so he's not working miracles. I'll be impressed if he takes a LB or DE and teaches him to play QB. That would be something.