Jimmer Fredette, Deron Williams won't visit Utah Jazz until 2012

Comments

• JohnJacobJingleHeimerSchmidt Beverly Hills, CA
    July 19, 2011 2:36 p.m.

It will be great watching the Jazz shut him down like a cheap Chinese toy factory.

• Led Zeppelin II Bountiful, UT
    July 19, 2011 2:59 p.m.

The NBA and the NFL are the new Brett Farve.
    Seems like every year all we hear about all summer is if Brett Farve will play next year or not. Hours of sports radio repeating the same thing over and over again as well as fans calling up until we actually see if Brett Farve plays or not. Are they so desperate and does this article even need to be printed?
    How about another Brett Farve article. Maybe he will come back next year.
    And who cares?

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    July 19, 2011 3:11 p.m.

We'll get to see just how many fans the Jazz really have. My guess is all bYu fans will root for the Jazz to lose.

Again, well see who's a real fan.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    July 19, 2011 3:17 p.m.

Thats assuming he's still in the leauge

• Everest American Fork, UT
    July 19, 2011 4:10 p.m.

I hope Deron is still in the league. He may become pretty enamored with playing in Turkey.

• KamUte South Jordan, UT
    July 19, 2011 4:14 p.m.

Who cares about Jimmer? Who really cares about the NBA? The season may not start due to greed on both sides.

• Super Trooper SLC, UT
    July 19, 2011 4:31 p.m.

I think the funny thing is this:

The Sacramento ticket will be the hottest in town!!!!

That's hilarious!!!

• Magic Pog LOGAN, UT
    July 19, 2011 5:38 p.m.

I hope we can all make it. Yet, for some reason, I am sure this isn't the last story about him.

• Portland Trail Blazers Sandy, UT
    July 19, 2011 5:51 p.m.

The Jazz are going to get Jimmered!

GO BLAZERS!!!

• owlmaster2 Kaysville, UT
    July 19, 2011 5:51 p.m.

Yawnnn!!!! I sure hope I can survive without the NBA playing.

My tickets for the Utes are all I need to fix my football and basketball needs.

Go Utes

• LKA Tremonton, UT
    July 19, 2011 5:52 p.m.

If the lockout is for the entire season it will be much later than that.. Also id the full schedule is played Sac is one of the teams the Jazz face only three times.

• eagle Provo, UT
    July 19, 2011 10:44 p.m.

Is that the spring of 2012 or the fall of 2012?

• G-Swenz Providence, UT
    July 20, 2011 8:22 a.m.

RE: owlmaster2
    Yawnnn!!! I would enjoy seeing my team being one of the worst 3 teams in their conference and being afraid to play Utah State too.

I'm gonna miss the NBA...

• JazzMan Centerville, UT
    July 20, 2011 8:41 a.m.

Jimmer gets 30 and the Jazz still win, perfect night.

• HugMe Logan, UT
    July 20, 2011 9:00 a.m.

At least we get to see what games we will be missing because of this lockout. I think it is going to be one unfortunately long lockout. Unfortunate that it is so difficult to figure out how to split up billions of dollars. Greed is being displayed at it's finest. I bet many of us could have this figured out in a few days.

• 9er4life Provo, UT
    July 20, 2011 9:36 a.m.

I can't wait to see Alex Burg posterize fredete with a monsterous dunk. That's something I would replay on youtube over and over.

• plyxply SLC, UT
    July 20, 2011 10:15 a.m.

the NBA deserves itself and the problems they've caused with their labor situation. They pay these guys so much money and don't require anything in return. Guaranteed contracts are the biggest problem with the labor situation and there is way too much selfish play by selfish players and not nearly enough team concept left in the NBA for me to really care. I can't wait to start hearing about the players who are suffering because they weren't smart enough to save any of the gold they've taken while injuried with a strained uterus.

After KOC and the Jazz allowed players to push Sloan out the door it made it way too easy not to care about them anymore as they've become just another NBA franchise run by egomaniac players with no regard for the game or league.

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    July 20, 2011 10:46 a.m.

If only the fan understood the power they have over salaries and the game. If no one showed up for the games and didn't buy merchandise, the attitude of these primadonnas would change fast.

But that will never happen since the fans are not the smartest bananas in the bunch. Money is power and the fans have all the money. Not the superstars. Take back the power now.

• tenx Santa Clara, UT
    July 20, 2011 11:13 a.m.

I agree with CJ Miles. I for one won't miss not seeing them. Can't afford the price!

• Anonigma Murray, UT
    July 20, 2011 2:15 p.m.

Apparently the conditions in Euroleague are awful compared to the NBA. NBA players get treated like kings, but Euroleague players get treated like thugs.

Unless the Euroleague spruces up its facilities, I doubt Deron's staying...

• Morgan Duel Taylorsville, UT
    July 21, 2011 7:12 a.m.

I may have miscounted but if the season begins in November there are 30 games between November 1 and January 1 scheduled. Course none of the teams will be serious about these games as they will be looking at how their unproven rookies can play, however were they to become serious the Jazz could go 2 and 28 by January 1, 2012.

• ed Los Olivos, CA
    July 21, 2011 10:39 a.m.

CJ_ You said it. The NBA and the players are only supplying what we are willing to for.

DWill? Turkey is a good place for him. He is a turkey.

• giantfan Farmington, UT
    July 21, 2011 11:42 a.m.

The NBA is notorious for ensuring the marquee matchups when putting out a new schedule. I know it's not the top of their list but you'd think they'd for sure have Jimmer visit SLC twice. I'm sure the Jazz Brass would want it. Since the Jazz play every Western Conference team four times (2 home-and-home) except for four teams, that means only two Western Conference teams out of fourteen won't be coming to ESA twice. Would've been very easy to ensure that one of those teams wasn't Sacramento.

• Jazz2Win Provo, UT
    July 22, 2011 8:30 p.m.

I am a Jazz fan but can still be annoyed that they didn't find a way to draft Jimmer.

• Vince the boonies, mexico
    July 31, 2011 7:40 a.m.

This article is ancient and who cares about D-Will & Jimmer? Please remove and replace.