Utah

Virginia Sen. Mark Warner conducts Mormon Tabernacle Choir encore

Comments

• cerana Littleton, CO
    June 22, 2011 1:46 p.m.

Senator, you will be just fine. You are so lucky!

• Eddie Syracuse, UT
    June 22, 2011 3:28 p.m.

My son is from VA and said that this guy needs all the help he can get!

• FDRfan Sugar City, ID
    June 22, 2011 3:59 p.m.

That does it. No more Mormon Tabernacle Choir music in my house. Letting a Democrat conduct? I'm the only freedom loving, patriotic, conservative, real Republican left. All others are RINOs. RINO, RINO, RINO. How I love that word.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    June 22, 2011 4:37 p.m.

Uh oh. He said "Christmas." That alone should send half of all liberals into a tizzy.

• Petra Sanpete County, UT
    June 22, 2011 7:55 p.m.

Aside from all the hateful comments above (what it is, anyway, that people just cannot get past stupid "party" affiliation and enjoy someone's good fortune?), I would so love to have that opportunity and am glad for this man. I do love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir - it is one very strong reason why I looked into the LDS Church in the first place.

• FDRfan Sugar City, ID
    June 22, 2011 8:59 p.m.

Petra
    Thank you for your comment. I stand rebuked and ashamed of my comment. I apologize to you and anyone else who may have read it. It was crude and ill mannered in the extreme.

• iscorefilm Salt Lake City, UT
    June 23, 2011 12:13 a.m.

Why don't I ever get to conduct for the MoTab? In all honesty I'd rather compose for the choir and let someone else conduct it. lol

• mensa58 Fairfax, VA
    June 23, 2011 5:59 a.m.

I was at the concert last night and it was WONDERFUL. OK, Sen. Warner may not be a good conductor, but he and the choir looked like they were having a good time -- and that's the point. Alex Boye was superb as a soloist.

• John Armstrong Buena Vista, VA
    June 23, 2011 6:08 a.m.

I am happy for Senator Warner. This is an opportunity of a lifetime, even for a prominent politician. In my opinion, Senator Warner is a fine senator and was an outstanding governor of Virginia. If all our federal representatives had his strong sense of fiscal responsibility and his pragmatic approach to governing, the federal budget would be in much better shape.

• vabookmom ASHBURN, VA
    June 23, 2011 9:37 a.m.

Lighten up folks--it was a fabulous concert presented to a sold-out crowd. Senator Warner's moment occurred after the official end of the concert during the third (yes, the audience LOVED MoTab!)encore piece. It was a fun, light moment and everyone enjoyed it, especially the choir and orchestra. It was not a political statement at all. Just a nod to the Virginia crowd who so clearly adored the choir.

• Zoni Tucson, AZ
    June 23, 2011 12:52 p.m.

FDRfan. No worries. People just don't recognize sarcasm. It was funny taken in the correct light.

• Ptvogel Herndon, VA
    June 23, 2011 2:09 p.m.

Yes, we were there, too. As a matter of fact, my mother in law, Dottie (in one of the pics included in the article), was offered the chance to "guest" sing, during the sound check. The Choir is doing great work, and deserves much credit for outreach and inclusion. It was a fun event, and as was said above, Alex Boye was fantastic!