Utah Jazz notebook: Kevin O'Connor says no Jazz players off-limits for trades

Comments

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    June 20, 2011 11:43 p.m.

wow....everyone can be traded...i sure hope...its not Hayward and Favors....

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    June 21, 2011 12:17 a.m.

The Jazz could help themselves by getting a late pick and grabbing Chandler Parsons 6'10" SF from FL. Draft Express has him going 27th. He has a PAWS of 10+. Only Leonard (top 6 pick) 13+ and Hamilton 11 have higher PAWS for SFs.

A late first round pick is pretty cheap in this draft. I watched him in the tournament. He can shoot, defend and pass. He makes a lot more sense than Vesley with a lotto pick.

• Richard Saunders Provo, UT
    June 21, 2011 7:09 a.m.

Paul Millsap should be put on the "untouchable" list. His hard work and effort make him the heart and soul of the Jazz to me, especially with Jerry gone. He's missed just 12 games in his career, playing in all 82 games 3 of 5 five seasons. Who does that anymore? If given the opportunity, he can deliver, like his 46 point effort against Miami last year. He has made improvement every single year he has played. I know I'm just one fan, so I don't matter, but I would have an awfully hard time watching a Jazz team without Paul Millsap on it.

• OrlandoJazzFan Winter Springs, FL
    June 21, 2011 7:32 a.m.

I fully agree with R Saunders... Millsap might not be the most talented guy on the team but to me he is the heart and the soul. Everytime I see his name mentioned in trade talks it just make me ill to think about. He is Mr. Hustle!!!

• pocyUte Pocatello, ID
    June 21, 2011 7:33 a.m.

If a trade makes the team better, the Jazz should do it. It doesn't matter who it is.

I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Jazz war room from now through the draft.

• Uncle Rico Sandy, UT
    June 21, 2011 7:42 a.m.

my take:
    Raja Bell: time to go
    Ronnie Price: time to go
    Fesenko: go away
    AK: time to go
    Earl Watson: time to go into coaching
    Harris: keep
    Milsap: keep
    Jefferson: keep
    Hayword: keep
    Favors: keep
    Okur: keep if he can still play

If I forgot anyone, let them go.

• OrlandoJazzFan Winter Springs, FL
    June 21, 2011 8:00 a.m.

I concur with Uncle Rico except for:

Okur - Time to go.

Means we need a Big (Kanter and a shooter/PG in the draft Burks or Jimmer

• md Smithfield, UT
    June 21, 2011 8:13 a.m.

re Rico:
    Evans: keep

• TheHailstorm South Weber, UT
    June 21, 2011 8:25 a.m.

@md @ Uncle Rico
    Happy Trails ?? Fransisco Elson
    Let the Bull from Istanbul pound away on Fes and learn the plays from our other Turk Ocur for one year, then send them both packing with their pink slips.

• Anti Bush-Obama Washington, DC
    June 21, 2011 8:48 a.m.

Favors better be off limits. That's a potential future defensive player of the year award. Not to mention a potential member od the all NBA 1st team. If we trade him we better be getting Dwight or LeBron back.

• WhatsInItForMe Orem, Utah
    June 21, 2011 9:01 a.m.

Dear Uncle Rico,

Raja Bell: cheap SG backup; he'll be better prepared next year

Ronnie Price: already gone (free agent)

Fes: too cheap to not re-sign (free agent); no one else wants him; can't teach height; does take up space in the middle

AK: must re-sign him (free agent) because the Jazz don't have true SF experience, unless they somehow trade for it

Earl: re-sign (free agent); best PG backup out there at his price

Harris: trade bate! Jazz don't need an Iverson-type

Millsap: yup! Mr. Hustle

Jefferson: yup! can at least score against the Lakers

Hayward: yup! SG all-star in the making; can hit treys, guard Kobe

Favors: yup! PF all-star in the making; can block shots

Okur: trade bate, maybe; otherwise, good center backup

Evans: yup! jack-in-the-boxes are hard to come by

Elson: already gone (free agent)

Miles: trade bate, or SF/SG backup

Kanter/Jonas/Williams: draft one for big man needs (C & SF most needed)

Knight/Jimmer: draft one (or both) for PG needs (trey threat most needed)

I bet the Jazz do some trading to end up with what they want the team to be.

• Jazz-Nation Lehi, UT
    June 21, 2011 9:09 a.m.

Pins and needles...........???

• JBQ Saint Louis, MO
    June 21, 2011 9:14 a.m.

Enes Kanter is the "cat's meow". He is disciplined and organized. He has a "father presence" and says "yes sir, no sir" and then goes out and wreaks havoc on the other team. Okur would make a good mentor. Both are huge. I love AK but he and the tattoo have to go. Favors is the heart of the team for the future. Millsap runs through walls. I think that Jimmer would be a good addition. Jefferson and Harris and others are just in the way of a reshaping of the team. The key is Corbin. Will he act like Ray Meyer and "step up" or won't he?

• fastfox Ogden, UT
    June 21, 2011 10:01 a.m.

I fully agree with R. Saunders about Milsap...heart and soul of the jazz! And in response to Rico:

Raja Bell: I think last year was a fluke year...he'll do better this year.
    Ronnie Price: agree, time to go
    Fesenko: Keep as 3rd string center
    AK: agree, time to go unless we can keep for around 5 million
    Earl Watson: KEEP....best back-up PG we've had in a while (other than Maynor)
    Harris: keep till deadline....I want to see what he can do with the system under his belt. I actually like Harris a lot.
    Milsap: MUST keep
    Jefferson: possible trade for a talented SG/SF
    Hayword: MUST keep
    Favors: MUST keep, otherwise the D-will trade was for nothing
    Okur: Definitely keep, but if he does nothing this season trade him at the deadline
    Evans: KEEP

I hope the jazz draft either Knight or Kanter at #3 (I think Williams will be gone no matter what at #2) and then either Singleton, Brooks, Burks, Thompson or Fridette at #12. Try to pick up Prince or Battier in free-agency too.

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    June 21, 2011 10:01 a.m.

Valnciunas may drop due to his buy out which will not allow him to come over until next year.

However, for a team like the Jazz in Lux Tax Land that is a good thing. He can stay in Europe 1 more year at no cost and develop. The Jazz are going to have salary problems until both the AK AND the Okur contracts are reduced.

CLE may take V at 4 anyway if the Jazz trade down so Utah may have to take him at 3 and not trade down. CLE could also trade down. TOR might trade up.

On the Jimmer front CHA, MIL, and GS are amenable to trading down so PHO or NY could jump the Jazz.

The Jazz are rumored to have concerns about Knight's ability to run the point and are ticked about his refusal to go head to head with Kemba (Hoopsworld).

Based on current info I think the Jazz should go big at 3 with Kanter or V and try to get a PG next year. If they get Jimmer this year they can use him as a shooter and develop him as a PG. They will know if PG works.

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    June 21, 2011 10:18 a.m.

In a lock out year with a lot of salary the Jazz should continue the rebuild.

The probability that AK is gone is high. CJ and maybe Evans (Millsap could help a little) will have to cover SF unless the Jazz get a back up SF in the draft or other means.

Hayward should be the starting SG. Bell can back up.

I would trade Harris to save money and let Watson start and develop a young PG.

A rotation of AJ, Favors, Millsap and Kanter/Valanciunas would be killer for the lockout. See how Okur is doing and maybe try to trade at the deadline?

KOC is very good at getting spare parts for cheap who fit the system. Fill in with parts. That get's you thru the lockout year.

You then have a pick or player from moving Harris and probably trade Millsap for another. You probably have the GS pick and the Utah pick in a strong draft.

The new CBA will put a crimp on max salaries and total salary so the Lux Tax is a big issue. There may be an amnesty clause but Okur's contract expires anyway.

Losing AK is a big hole.

• Captain L Provo, UT
    June 21, 2011 10:24 a.m.

Bug: I agree about Chandler , I have liked him since BYU played them in 2010, he is smooth, talented, and very unselfish but the worry is his drive, still I like him and if we could get him late 1st early 2nd I'd like it. Obviously a trade would have to occur to get the late pick.
    I would love to see the Jazz take Kanter at 3 and Jimmer at 12, it could happen if the FO isn't too inamered with Knight.
    Trade wise Big Al would be the player I would look to move first, big value , more in return.

• Captain L Provo, UT
    June 21, 2011 10:26 a.m.

If the Jazz take Knight at 3, it would be a dream come true if Jonas fell to 12.

• Teddy Bear Las Vegas, NV
    June 21, 2011 10:39 a.m.

It's "bait" people, not "bate."

• Jazz Source Alpine, UT
    June 21, 2011 10:55 a.m.

This is news? O Connor says the same thing every time he is asked....as he should because of course anyone is tradeable if the trade is right. Anyone.

It is comical to read the comments about Kanter.....especially given the fact that every and any scout who knows what they are talking about have all acknowledged he is anything but a sure thing. There are a ton of ?'s around this guy given the fact he has not played a day of college ball.

Chris Ford said #3 through #12 are a crapshoot and could be alot of busts.

Yee haw.

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    June 21, 2011 11:00 a.m.

I think Kanter is a viable option at 3. However if the Jazz took Valanciunas at 3 they could leave him in Europe and let him develop with full playing time.

He would not cost them anything while developing. They could fully explore the AJ/Millsap/Favors experiment for another year or more. They buy time to see what happens with Okur.

If the Jazz get shooting that opens up the inside, the efficiency and rebounding of AJ and Millsap improve. They become better future trades. Further, the Jazz get a year to see if AJ really is the C of the future.

If the Jazz take Jimmer they can play him as a spot shooter this year while he learns the PG position as a back up. If he is not working as a PG they can trade him or get the best PG available in next years draft.

That is a low risk high reward strategy. Particularly given the risk inherent in Knight.

The SF position needs to be addressed if AK leaves. CJ can start in a lock out year. Evans should develop this year. Millsap could cover a little.

Jonas may not fall that far.

• Captain L Provo, UT
    June 21, 2011 11:19 a.m.

If it were me I'd take Jonas or Kanter at 3, depending on who they like the best, even if we have to wait a year on Jonas it would be worth it.
    Jimmer at 12 just makes sense by what he brings to the game and what the Jazz need.
    I worry the Jazz are in love with Knight, I don't see it but that's just me.

• Chris Bryant SLC, UT
    June 21, 2011 11:28 a.m.

Enes Kanter scares me. He has bad knees. He hasn't played in a long time. Scouts say he appears apathetic and lazy on defense.....

hmmmmm.....I have heard this story before.....wasn't there a powerless forward in Utah that had a similar description (history of injuries, apathy, no defense?) yeah.....that didn'ta lways work out. I say pass on Kanter and trade down to 6 or 7. Pick up another asset and get a player that is probably as good/nearly as good as whoever you could get at three.

• blauch Salt Lake City, UT
    June 21, 2011 12:26 p.m.

The Jazz have made a bunch of mistakes Resigning Memo, and not resigning Matthews were the biggest mistake. Additionally The Jazz using the Cap space on Jefferson (a player Minnesota was willing to give away for nothing). Signing Bell was another Mistake

Most people think that after Williams left - Millsap became the best player. He is currently the 4th highest salary on the team. Jefferson was one of the worst player on the team and had the highest salary. You just don't trade your MVP when his salary is only 7 million a year EVER.

Look at the +/-
    Jefferson and Millsap -36
    Jefferson and no Millsap -132
    Millsap and No Jefferson +52

• bigsoccer Syracuse, UT
    June 21, 2011 12:35 p.m.

I really don't want to see CJ miles back, if he isn't here I will be happy.

• OrlandoJazzFan Winter Springs, FL
    June 21, 2011 12:41 p.m.

Knight Fans - read Draft Express Stats on Guards before you get too far on the Brandon Knight bandwagon. There are not many of the categories that he excels in (top 5 position). I know I know potential... but from a purely statistical standpoint - is he worth a #3 pick? I think not.

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    June 21, 2011 1:20 p.m.

KOC could take Vesley at 3. I do not like the idea a lot but Vesley is 6'11" without shoes. He is doing okay in his workouts on the East Coast.

He is longer and very athletic. Can his shooting be fixed? He is worse at FTs than Fes. His perimeter D is below average.

Knight can shoot. His ball handling, going left and his ability to run a team are questions. He also is young so it is hard to know how good he is 3 years from now. He is more of a Combo guard at the moment than Jimmer.

Jefferson improved dramatically after Corbin moved him closer to the basket. The Jazz are going to try to build around him next year. If that does not work then he will probably be traded or replaced by Kanter/Val or a draft pick next year.

HOU might trade for him as they need size badly. His D is a problem for HOU.

Both Millsap and AJ improve if the Jazz add shooting to open up the inside.

AJ has a much higher net PER than Millsap but only if he plays C. Both improve next year.

• OrlandoJazzFan Winter Springs, FL
    June 21, 2011 1:24 p.m.

Whomever the Jazz pick this year - before we all start to BOO... lets recall that many of us wanted the Jazz to choose Cole Aldrich last year. What a BUST he was. Sure Paul Geroge and Ed Davis had great years but we wanted the BIG MAN!!! Thanks KOC for giving us Hayward over Aldrich that we all wanted. Lets Boo a little slower this time around....

• DRay Roy, UT
    June 21, 2011 2:01 p.m.

What's happening to the center in Europe the Jazz have rights to? Will he be coming anytime soon?

• LKA Tremonton, UT
    June 21, 2011 2:19 p.m.

I am glad most of you are not in the war room with the brass. One way or another KOC will wtill get bad mouthed Friday.. And that day cannot come soon enough..

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    June 21, 2011 2:48 p.m.

For those of you who do not like PAWS ratings there is Holliger's draft rater.

That tends to work well for perimeter players based on predicting NBA PER.

Burks 11.87, Thompson 11.88, Jimmer 10.45, Singleton is 10.15 and Knight 10.02. Irving is 15.14, Leonard is 13.21 with Kemba at 12.75. Brooks is only 7.88 and very marginal.

Knight is high risk as a 3 pick. He should be more like a 12 based on this system.

Valanciunas is 14.70, Vesley is 10.72. Tristan Thompson is 16.21, Williams is 15.97 and Tobias Harris is 14.83.

• Motappin Sandy, UT
    June 21, 2011 4:41 p.m.

Raja: If his shot starts falling, keep him. We need leadership. Wouldn't mind him on the coaching staff.
    Ronnie: I love his dunk, but I think his time is up.
    Fesenko: Could do so much more. Maybe 3rd option for C.
    AK: Love him but too fragile. Release or sign him for 3-4 mil, depending on who we draft.
    Earl: Very solid backup! Stay!
    Harris: Hope he gets a longer shot. But should draft another PG to bring along quickly.
    Milsap: Want him to stay, but if we do trade him it better be for a legit outside threat!
    Jefferson: Good shot blocker, will get better. Still young! Stay.
    Hayward: Future heart of this team, a perfect fit. We need him.
    Favors: Ditto what I said about Hayward. He'll be special.
    Okur: Probably a decent backup at most. But I'd love to have Money Man back in top form.
    Evans: He must stay. Athletes like that don't come around often.

Draft: I like Kanter and Knight. Both have strengths/weaknesses. We will need a younger PG. Jimmer has an unbelievable shot, but I'm less convinced of his PG skills. Should be exciting to see what they do.

• scalman Temecula, CA
    June 21, 2011 4:57 p.m.

If Knight was an upperclassman showing his skill set right now, I would agree he is a risk at #3. I think he his going to show vast improvement in everything this coming year.
    I also think mixing Kanter in with Favors, AJ and Fes this year will give the Jazz some of the outside shooting balance they need to succeed (lost when Okur didn't return last year, further degraded when an injured D-Will lost his accuracy). Kanter is going to be a 3pt shooting gem. If they take Kanter, they can get by for now with Kirilenko, CJ and Jeremy (or 2 of the 3) at SF, and let's not forget Jeremy. He could become the Jazz starting SF in a couple of years. Remember how little he shot jumpers in college...he's still learning to shoot away from the basket, but what an athlete, remember?
    Anyway, you guys talking about trading the #3 pick, I say no way. Kanter or Knight and maybe Jonas V. are good gambles there, and the Jazz might not see a #3 pick again for years. The Jazz can pick a SF next year.

• Led Zeppelin II Bountiful, UT
    June 21, 2011 5:14 p.m.

@Richard Saunders. Rock on dude. Paul Milsap is one of those rare types of players that will be very difficult to replace. Besides that I am a fan. I like his attitude and work ethic. How many players with his skills are going to bring what he does? Save Paul!

• Wombat1247 Mount Beauty, VIC
    June 21, 2011 5:17 p.m.

Jonas @ 3 & Jimmer @12 - thats first choice other options at 12 - Singleton, Burks, Thompson or Hamilton

Definiate gones - Price, Elson

Cheap pick ups - Fes & Watson

Possiable Trades - Bell, CJ, AJ & Harris - only if it makes our team better

Keeps - Hayward, Favors, Evans, & Milsap

Hard to keep because of $ - AK

• Wombat1247 Mount Beauty, VIC
    June 21, 2011 5:19 p.m.

sorry , Memo trade as well

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    June 21, 2011 5:27 p.m.

trade up...for the 6th and 18th...draft kemba or jimmer...Chris Singleton or Donatas...and at 18th...draft Nikola Vucevic...Vucevic is intruiging...because some scouts say...he isnt that far off from Kanter...the problem is...would he put in the effort to improve?...if not vucevic...take a gamble on Jeremy Tyler...

• Ali_G Bear River City, UT
    June 21, 2011 6:22 p.m.

Everyone crying about trading Millsap.. This is why the Jazz will never win the championship! Trade him while he has value and get a good player back that fills a need.

• shaybo Richfield, UT
    June 21, 2011 8:23 p.m.

@LKA, I guess you won't be watching the draft.

@Kakashi, Vucevic looked very mediocre in the combine, I would prefer Tyler or Nogueira at 18 if they traded up.

Too many are Judging Knight on his highlight reels which only show the good things. I watched several Kentucky games and he was not impressive.

• shaybo Richfield, UT
    June 21, 2011 8:45 p.m.

Something we might all be missing. Common sense tells me that the smart thing for Cleveland with #1 and #4 picks would be to take Williams with the #1 pick, no way is Minnesota taking a point guard at #2 so Irving would fall to the Jazz which would leave Cleveland with their choice of the rest of the point guards, that would give them maximum value for their 2 picks.

Irving is the only point guard in this draft that is better than Fredette, and could possibly start at some point during the season. I would definitely be happy to end up with him at #3.

• FPR PROVO, UT
    June 21, 2011 8:46 p.m.

The fact that when I read through this message board and several of the comments and opinions make sense for the Jazz proves that this draft is going to be crazy. There are so many different directions they could go. Good luck to O'Conner and the Jazz organization, just please make us better.

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    June 21, 2011 9:10 p.m.

The San Antonio Spurs are offering point guard Tony Parker in a trade for a high pick.

The Spurs are looking to get into the lottery and have talked with the Toronto Raptors (No. 5) and Sacramento Kings (No. 7)

A veteran of 10 NBA seasons, the 29-year-old Parker averaged 17.5 points and 6.6 assists in 78 games last season.

• shaybo Richfield, UT
    June 21, 2011 9:22 p.m.

@CJ Miles, averages about the same as Harris.

• Captain L Provo, UT
    June 21, 2011 9:42 p.m.

We didn't know the Jazz were going to get Big Al last yr, so alot of us thought we needed to draft a PF last yr. It was quite a surprise that they took Hayward, at first I was upset and couldn't believe it, but the more I looked into him the more I like him and was cheering the pick. That gives me more faith that KOC and staff will make a good pick.. From my perspective we need to draft a big , we don't get to pick #3 very often and good bigs are hard to come by unless you have a top 3 to 5 pick. Knight just doesn't seem to be a player I think has qualities you want out of a 3rd pick in the draft.
    Trades etc will be interesting to see how things pan out. We should be able to get some players that will help. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Jazz draft room.

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    June 21, 2011 11:00 p.m.

SA is trying to move up to replace Duncan. Who in this draft can replace Duncan?

Valanciunas is worth Parker to SA and can replace Duncan.

Many scouts consider Valanciunas to be the best player in this draft (long run).

Forget Knight and get Valanciunas before SA kills the Jazz for the next decade.

Sometimes I have very serious doubts about the FO and their ability to evaluate draft picks.

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    June 22, 2011 5:21 a.m.

@shaybo

I agree with you on Vucevic being mediocre...that's why his coach...told scouts that..Vucevic could be good...IF...he puts in the effort to improve...and yes...i agree on giving the shot to Jeremy Tyler...i think Tyler with what he experienced overseas...would turn out to good maybe he matured there...

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    June 22, 2011 5:37 a.m.

@OrlandoJazzFan

i never thought guys here wanted Cole that bad...lol...i started posting here...when Hayward got selected...and i was so happy...i registered...and started posting here...lol...

• Chris Bryant SLC, UT
    June 22, 2011 8:21 a.m.

@ Dray,

Ante Tomic, in all likelihood, will never see the NBA. He recently signed a contract that would pay him more than the Jazz could. With each year that goes by, his trade value gets lower and lower. Most NBA teams realize he will probably never come over here and that gets more apparent each day. Too bad. Should have tried to trade him two years ago.

• payara OREM, UT
    June 22, 2011 10:03 a.m.

Look, the Jazz have been to the top of the Mountain many times through the years but never to the summit. Why? We have been short on key players. Let's use Miami and Dallas for examples. Neither team was great, I mean the old Lakers and Ceiltics teams would make short work of either team but Dallas did not win so much as Miami lost. They lost because James lacks maturity and the heart of a Champion. Dallas won because of heart, they did not have near the talent of Miami but they had heart and a fearless frustrated Dirk and Mark Cubin.

If you look at the teams that have won Championships over the past 10 years you will see tailormade with key componentes. Allstar PGs and with either allstar centers or PFs.All these Championship teams are run by players who never quit....ever.

With that said, keep:

Milsap
    Evens
    Hayward
    Favors

some heart:

AK
    Memo
    Jeffers
    Harris

No heart:

CJ
    Lebron (how did he get in here)

• payara OREM, UT
    June 22, 2011 10:05 a.m.

Draft players with heart! Jimmer has proved for years that he has Stockton type heart. Find a Center with heart that can defend (that player from the Congo), Kantor maybe. Everyone else is suspect!!!!!

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    June 22, 2011 6:24 p.m.

@payara

i have a different view on the Miami - Dallas series...when you take things to perspective...yea...Miami has the Big Three...other than that...its nothing...Dallas has way more weapons and way more balance than miami...anyone from the bench could erupt...and most of them...are three point shooters...Dallas has a first option scorer...a Big who plays like a wing...and surrounded him with guards that could shoot pass and put up honest D...their Big Men...are there to control the boards...and patrol the paint...its a very good team...who is missing their second scoring option in Caron Butler...For us to be like that...is getting the right guy...at the right price...and committing to your superstar...and just grabbing the right pieces...For us to be champions...the Front Office should have a clear vision of what they want and how to get it...right now it seems we are just going by it...by the season...never really committing to win a championship...its more continuity than winning

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    June 22, 2011 6:25 p.m.

I think...the Front Office and the owners...should lead more visibly and vocally...if you really want to win a Championship...you should do whatever it is necessary...i think if you believe in it...breathe it...live it...players would follow...

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    June 22, 2011 6:35 p.m.

I have read some rumors today...it seems that the wolves are now interested with Enes Kanter for the Number 2 pick...Cleveland is also considering Kanter...Im thinking Cleveland would get Irving...Wolves would get Kanter...and we might get a shot at Derrick Williams.....If not...i say...grab Jonas Valaciunas...i think...the spurs are trying to grab him...they are trying to shop tony parker to teams within range of Jonas Valaciunas

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    June 22, 2011 6:44 p.m.

Here is my understanding of the Jazz road map.

1. They plan on twin towers, AJ the low post specialist and Favors in the high post running the traditional flex. This is a version of the flex adapted for AJ who needs to be close to the basket.

2. They want a younger better shooting verison of AK at SF. That does not exist in this draft.

3. They want Hayward at SG.

4. They want another DWill at PG only with better defense.

5. They want a good bench that goes 9 deep.

That creates a great offensive machine with AJ being the weakest link on Defense. His D should improve or he will get replaced by a Kanter/Valanciunas type player.

With the picks this year, trading Millsap and Harris and with probably 2 lotto picks next year this is a team that can be quickly built.

The SF and the PG are out there someplace. The Jazz have the resources to get them.

The Jazz need the right players, they do not need a lot of players.

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    June 23, 2011 1:18 a.m.

@Bugoff

some say Jan Vessely is sort of like the AK mold...however...along with that..he doesnt have an outside shot...