BYU basketball: Jimmer Fredette a 1st-team All-America, wins Robertson trophy

Comments

• IndianaCoug Bloomington, IN
    March 29, 2011 8:19 a.m.

Congratulations Jimmer. These accolades are well deserved.

• SoCalTrueBlue San Diego, CA
    March 29, 2011 8:47 a.m.

Would like to know the identity of the one writer who didn't vote for Jimmer. My guess? Rick Reilly. And then Reilly wrote his trash piece to try to validate his non-vote among his peers.

• morganh Orem, Utah
    March 29, 2011 10:10 a.m.

Congrats Jimmer great job!!! Of course hedgehog said you are a gimmick well winning the Oscar Robertson Trophy and being selected as a First team all American is no gimmick in my book.

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    March 29, 2011 11:37 a.m.

It seems that those who matter and are respected as valid voters have spoken. How many Cougar alumni or LDS voters or even MWC affiliated people out of the 900 voters were there?
    Seems like Jimmer is getting some national respect...still.

Well deserved!

• Big Hapa Kaysville, UT
    March 29, 2011 5:54 p.m.

Amazing he led the team in assists, that is icing on the cake. Fun fact to shut down the BYU haters.

• mtgregson Holladay, UT
    March 30, 2011 5:01 p.m.

Jimmer..... Thanks man! I love the game, but over the last few years I have lost a desire to even watch it. There is to much ego, and money involved and a lot of the players think they are above everything (LeBron). I was not a BYU fan until you came along and until the school stood up to thier word with the honor code. They stand for something a lot bigger than sports. If you read this, thank you man. Your an inspiration. Please stay humble, and know this jimmied fan's favorite NBA team is the one you will play for! Can't wait to buy your jersey for me and my future son. God Speed! And for all you negative morons...... it's been a real treat watching you play college basketball and seeing you on t.v.