BYU: Dave Rose, Bronco Mendenhall share unique kinship

Comments

• 93 COUGAR Orem, UT
    March 16, 2011 1:49 p.m.

Two great coaches leading teams of great young men.

I couldn't be happier as a Cougar fan with the choices made to get these two.

They are BYU's most visible coaches.

They are both doing a great job and I hope we can keep them for a long, long time.

Thanks to all involved for making us Cougar alumni and fans proud to call BYU our school.

• OnlyInUtah Cottonwood Heights, UT
    March 16, 2011 8:12 p.m.

Two of the finest. Other schools would love to have either one of these two.

• Howard S. Taylorsville, UT
    March 16, 2011 9:11 p.m.

"We're fortunate to have that kinship to be able to talk about things in those moments when you need someone to talk to."

**************************

I wonder if Bronco can relate to Rose when he talks about having his program sold down the river to the WCC so Mendenhall's team could carry the banner of independence?

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    March 16, 2011 9:44 p.m.

93 Cougar and OnlyInUtah; Great comments. I couldn't agree more.

Trolls; Don't bother. It is about class. You wouldn't understand.

• Rikitikitavi Cardston, Alberta
    March 17, 2011 8:03 a.m.

To:"sold down the river". Try getting the bigger picture. BYU merely chooses much broader exposure than MWC seems able/willing to offer. Plus, ESPN is now on board with some serious $$$$ for BYU. When you look at the road draw of BYU (to wit: 11,000 or better fans in the Thomas & Mack) seems clear to me that BYU has carried the conference on its shoulders long enough. Utah opened the door and BYU slipped through the same door. Only time will tell if WCC is but a temporary stopping place until Texas,/ Okla./ Kans, come calling. But I digress. I am 1000% behind our two outstanding coaches. Couldn't be happier with Rose and Bronco on board.

• In My Humble Opinion South Jordan, UT
    March 17, 2011 8:20 a.m.

Howard S. | 9:11 p.m. March 16, 2011
    Taylorsville, UT

------------

By "sold down the river," do you mean put in a place where they will be on national television many, many more times next year than they were this year despite having the biggest name in college basketball playing on the team?

By "sold down the river," do you mean put in a place where they can now schedule nationally ranked and recognized programs home-and-home in non-conference because the game can be on ESPN?

By "sold down the river," do you mean put in a place where a 20 win season will get them in the NCAA's even if they don't win the conference because of those ranked non-conference wins?

Yeah, I think Rose can relate to Bronco.

• Coach Biff Lehi, UT
    March 17, 2011 8:38 a.m.

Nice try, Howard. I think the other guys on here you just shot you down. How's the taste of crow?

• Y4LYFE Lubbock, TX
    March 17, 2011 9:54 a.m.

I think ute fans should be pretty quiet when discussing "sold down the river" taunts. If anyone sold out it's utah. Most recenlty, borrowing money to fire someone quicker just shows how unhappy the pac was with boYlen.

BYU coaches are fantastic in class and ability. Stars are aligning and I can't wait to watch EVERY SINGLE GAME of both teams without paying a single bill on HD. Shout out to vizio and mac, but all credit is due to these great coaches and admin.