Utah Jazz fall down behind by 30, lose to Bulls

Comments

• ohplease springfield, il
    March 12, 2011 9:24 p.m.

No comments?? LOL Looks like the Jazz fans have abandoned the sinking ship.Another embarrassing blow out, many more to come. I love watching this train wreck.

• Southern Utah Fan Enterprise, Utah
    March 12, 2011 9:30 p.m.

Play the rookies the rest of the year build them up for next year.... What we got to lose ? The game?

• josemb navotas, philippines
    March 12, 2011 9:52 p.m.

we're getting closer to that top 10 pick. keep it up boys. hopefully, the nets will play as bad as we do. oh wait, they're on a 3-win streak. we can only dream that. lol

• Johnson72 Salt Lake City, UT
    March 12, 2011 11:17 p.m.

Was that the Utah Flush in the 1st half?

• Silly Rabbit Magna, UT
    March 13, 2011 12:03 a.m.

Sadly how do these athletes not play defense

As a former HS basketball coach when I picked a team I looked for hard working kids, I used to pick basketball players first, then the best athletes second. I always figured that I could turn a wrestler that was a good athlete into a rebounder, a soccer player into a good defender, etc. I look at most Pro basketball players and they are amazing athletes, why won't these guys defend.

Well it hit me tonight, because defending takes heart and determination and I witnessed none of that tonight. It looked like they just wanted to collect a paycheck and go home and the last thing on their minds were the fans, their coaches, and their teammates. SAD

that first half effort was pathetic, guys

• JazzRule Bountiful, UT
    March 13, 2011 1:51 a.m.

Play the rookies please. Hayward, Favors, and Evans should be starting and playing 35 or more minutes, makes no sense for that not to be happening.

• toddfromsantaana Santa Ana, CA
    March 13, 2011 3:15 a.m.

The excuses need to stop. Corbin is making no adjustments. He is not getting the job done. I missed the game and glad I did. This 3 point show is old and Earl Watson who I like, but was awful guarding Rose and he was lazy getting over. There is no D. The Jazz have given up on Fes but he still is the best there is unless you call what the Jazz are doing better in protecting the paint.

At this point, the Jazz cannot play well enough to even make a run at the playoffs. Miles (as usual) did nothing when it counted. Kirilenko zilch. AJ offensively at least did.

Truly, outside of Favors, Evans, Gordon and AJ, every one else to me including guys I really like Paul and Earl, all should be subject to trade.

No one else is untouchable nor should the coach have been either.

• GaryS Leesburg, VA
    March 13, 2011 5:02 a.m.

Draft Jimmer!

• Anonymous Infinity American Fork, UT
    March 13, 2011 7:38 a.m.

When a team is near the bottom, it may or may not be rebuilding time.

• myvision7 Golden, CO
    March 13, 2011 7:39 a.m.

16 assists!!! When is the last time the Jazz only had 16 assists in a game? And how is it a Jazz starting PG who plays 41 minutes only has 3 assists? This is clearly not Jazz basketball and I hope not the direction that Corbin is taking the team. Korver even had 6 assists in half the time for the Bulls and he has no clue how to pass the ball.

• JBQ Saint Louis, MO
    March 13, 2011 7:49 a.m.

The ship is sinking. When will the "rats" jump and leave the faithful to use the buckets to save the boat?

• NeilT Clearfield, UT
    March 13, 2011 7:52 a.m.

Boylens available and he has NBA experience. Not impressed with Corbin. He's not getting the job done.

• The Great Houdini Rye, CO
    March 13, 2011 8:23 a.m.

Hayward who played well the night before only got 7 minutes,what`s the deal? Todd you`re dead on about miles,scores a few points,plays zero defense and collects a nice paycheck he`s the "chemistry issue" Corbin refered to,dump him now,he`e flabby,lazy,worthless and Way Way overpaid

• duke5 vancouver, wa
    March 13, 2011 9:39 a.m.

Is the "fat lady" singing?

Way to go Gregg & KOC. You have dismantled a very good team into nothing.

• Southern Utah Fan Enterprise, Utah
    March 13, 2011 10:47 a.m.

Got to remember there are 2 parts to an assist... First a pass, then the receiver of the pass must put the ball in the basket, 30% shooting will = in low assists #s...

But having said that, its time for Corbin to start the bench. For 3 or 4 games that will wake up the starters. They think there jobs are set. And its time to build for next year. The rookies need 30+ minuets.

• Captain L Provo, UT
    March 13, 2011 10:51 a.m.

Houdini: I realize CJ isn't going to become what I hoped he would with the talent he has, mostly because he doesn't have the heart and fight to play hard enough, but your as bad as CJMiles the poster here on DN. Your comments on CJ are just as bad in the negative way as his used to be in the positive way. Both are out of line with reality. CJ's play last night wasn't really good or bad, it was mediocre.
    I agree with those who are calling for the youngsters to get the playing time and lets see what they can do and prepare for the future. Favors has alot of developing to do to be the player everyone thinks he can be, get him on the floor and force feed him. Hayward needs to be on the floor 40 minutes a game and put into a position of being the attacker.
    The Jazz should get either the 6th or 7th pick with NJ's pick and then the 12th or 13th pick which is there own. Hopefully we can get two players that can shoot and be contributors.

• Sokol Las Vegas, NM
    March 13, 2011 11:39 a.m.

Somebody tell Kirilenko he is not Michael Jordan...When you are 0-11 do you keep jacking up those bad shots? The Jazz franchise is almost single handedly being destroyed by the 17 Million dollar man Kirilenko...You pay a guy 17 mill...He is
    0-11....1 point at half time...The guys who made much less from the other squad that you could have kept, Korver are killing you.
    I think the management of the team defies logic and common sense.
    Harris and Watson are missing in action when guarding the 3 point shot.
    Is Corbin going to stop guarding the 3? Why did he wait till the 2nd half to employ a zone that worked? Not much on the Jazz makes alot of sense anymore...

• Vince the boonies, mexico
    March 13, 2011 11:56 a.m.

All of the talk about what position this team will draft in is just hogwash, because those of you who know this management and other smart teams thinking know that they will more than likely trade 1 or both for experienced players at postions they need help in, we already have 3 or 4 rooks and unless you want to toilet next season also you will need some experience not a team made up of rookies and 2nd year players with not much playing time. Another issue is that the Bulls are #1 in defense this year even with 3 ex-Jazz players. Isn't it time to look at films to see what they do and how they do it? C'mon coaches lets see how the good teams defend and forget the ancient Sloan system. Draft, trade or sign players that will listen, work, and will be defenders, if you don't it doesn't matter how good you are offensively because winning teams defend!

• Jazz Source Alpine, UT
    March 13, 2011 12:36 p.m.

Game after game the starters come out completely unprepared to compete.

What does that say about these players? What does that say about Corbin? I find it very interesting that game after game these starters come out and will not defend but Corbin leaves them out there to play.

This many bad blowout games in a row would have never happened with Sloan driving the bus. He would have made a better showing with my kids Junior Jazz roster.

As it stands right now, if someone gave me a free ticket in the lower bowl I would not drive downtown to watch...I have been watching for over 20 years now.

Check the stats yourself. This is now one of the worst teams in the NBA. Jefferson is piling up stats on a horrific team. We are another version of the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Night after night they NEVER compete. The games are over, literally, in the first 10 minutes.

A once proud franchise has been reduced to rubble in 90 days.

• H2OSKI Alpine, UT
    March 13, 2011 12:42 p.m.

re: Sokol

Sure AK had a bad game. How many good overall games has he had since Deron left. Most all of them.

Perhaps you should go and check all the players stats before you start whining. AK beats the pathetic CJ in literally every statistical category including 3 point shooting.

• amgolfer San Francisco, CA
    March 13, 2011 1:12 p.m.

If you read Todd's post, of which I totally agree, he is calling out numerous players even stating that only a few are exempt from being trade bait. Read closer as Todd is not "just" calling out CJ. He knows better than to call out just one guy. Look at the +/- stats against the Bulls. Todd, thoughts on Fess? Does Corbin need to just bite the bullet and give him 20-25 minutes a game? I have been discouraged with him as of late.
    @ Captain L-thanks for your post on the matter.
    Ak was horrible (fact) and I could care less that Harris had 20+ points as it really meant nothing except padding his stats. 3 assists people? Korver had 6. This is our catalyst/court leader? No excuses as I agree with Todd. Not Jazz basketball. He needs to lead as he is a our PG. Remember he is a veteran in the league.
    To all u Korver haters, hmmm. He sure is playing better D and he lit us up last night. Sure would be nice if we still had him to spread the offense. Frustrated. Play the rooks more-agree. More D. Go Jazz

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    March 13, 2011 2:42 p.m.

Todd, Captain and Houdini.....Let's see. You guys love the +/-. CJ was the best on the team last night at -1. So all of your comments are way out of line. Why don't you look at your boy AK. 2 - 14 last night. Or your boy Corbin who plays Evans more minutes than Favors.

Todd for not watching the game how do you know CJ didn't show up when it counted. Strange thing is the starters gave the game away in the first 6 minutes and CJ wasn't even on the floor. Your comments are as much fantasy as Houdini's comments. I know for sure you two couldn't coach a 5 year old team.

Moving on.......Anyone notice that since AJ started putting up big offensive numbers, the Jazz are losing by a wider margin? I am beginning to wonder who the cancer really is!!

• amgolfer San Francisco, CA
    March 13, 2011 3:09 p.m.

Again, this is a team sport. This is why I could care less about the "number game" or padding stats. It's no secret that when Kobe doesn't involve his teammates they area mediocre. This isn't quantum physics that we must get more assists (listen up Harris) and play as a unified team--Oh, I;m definitely referring to the BIG D as well. It's our only hope. Corbin, KOC and Greg need to be held as accountable as anyone. So far I'm not impressed with Corbin's leadership skills. It's as if he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Man up Corbin and look at the big picture instead of 3 inches from your face. Remember it all start from the top. Now, don't take this wrong as players to wake up and realize what they have to do to win. Despite the fact we haven't won the big dance we have always been a proud/winning organization. I think it was Vinnie that hit on the head earlier. We need veteran leadership and can't have all rookies. We have that-no excuses. None. Go Jazz.

• CaliforniaCougar Lake Elsinore, CA
    March 13, 2011 3:14 p.m.

Setting up for The Jimmer Pick.

• nothegame Saratoga Springs, UT
    March 13, 2011 4:25 p.m.

How about this u bring in players that are used to losing and now we lose. I love AJ but he has a hard time on the D. I would not resign CJ, and would buy out RB.

• deno22 Rexburg, ID
    March 13, 2011 5:13 p.m.

I am almost hope their is a lockout next season as I don't wanna see a whole season of this, that would be tough. I hope they make lots of moves this offseason because no matter how much potential Favors has I don't think he is going to be a guy you can build a team around but I could be wrong. This team needs to be rebuilt BADLY. What we have now will never get it done, not now or next season.

• Captain L Provo, UT
    March 13, 2011 7:28 p.m.

CJMiles: I don't know why your complaining to me, I didn't slam on CJ. I just said he had a mediocre game, which he did.
    Like I said earlier, play the youngsters and help them develop. I would love to see AJ, Favors, CJ, Hayward and Harris start and Evans and Fes get as much time as possible as reserves. I'd even like to see what this Cousin's kid has.

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    March 13, 2011 7:44 p.m.

Captain.....How did CJ have a mediocre game when he had the best +/- of any player on the Jazz last night? He shot a higher percentage than the team average last night.

• amgolfer San Francisco, CA
    March 13, 2011 7:45 p.m.

Harris better show me a lot more, seriously. Not impressed since I seen him get burned on the playground by some local kid, ha ha.. Youtube it. My bitterness is that we no longer have an ALL-STAR PG in DWill. I know I need to get over it but it's hard as we just haven't had many in UT, period. Harris can do a few things good but consistent outside shooting (long-range) has never been his strong point and his assists per game scare me. He needs to be a better creator after all that's what great PG do. I know a lot of people want to run CJ out of town. I haven't quite jumped on that bandwagon b/c I know what that could potentially mean if history repeats itself. I hate losing guys unnecessarily and have it come back to haunt bite us--same sad story. We need some vets mixed in and I hope they can gel and be unified to play defense.
    Deno22--unless I'm missing something we don't build around Favors. He is good but has a lot of growing to do.

• Ak Fan Hamburg, GE
    March 13, 2011 9:56 p.m.

Dark age until find better coach. As I said before game time management is crucial for this team. Jazz played better as team Al in bench. Al is ball hog one directional guy defense is horrible. Why didn't go after Love when he was available. Season is over. Work for future. After Sloan's retirement Ak changed a mind not gonna stay in Utah. I don't think Nets either . Deron already there.
    SO big decisions for AK and Jazz.

• amgolfer San Francisco, CA
    March 13, 2011 11:46 p.m.

AK Fan--If AK doesn't stay in UT he will most likely be NJ bound--Russian owner, seems fitting. DWill will most likely move on unless he (NJ owner) can pull of some serious magic in recruiting some help for DWill. Wouldn't that be funny AK and DWill reunited once again. LOL...

• B Russ Ephraim, UT
    March 14, 2011 9:10 a.m.

Like Jazz fans been saying for a while now, need to bench the non defenders and play the rookies. It makes no sense to continue to shorten the careers of Jefferson and Milsap by playing them into the ground. Sit Bell and AK too. Its time to develop the rookies. Give them 35+ minutes a night and lets see what they can do. It seems Corbin has the same rookie bias's that Sloan had only worse. Let Fes, Favors, Haywood and Evans get some meaningful playing time from here on out. Nobody likes to watch these worn out vetrans try to play without defending.

• Hugh G. Hater SLC, UT
    March 14, 2011 1:29 p.m.

How do you all know that this ISN'T the team/coach that the Millers/KOC want?
    "Fun and competitive" and just good enough to keep the season ticket holders coming.

I'll take a rookie Jimmer over Watson anyday.

• amgolfer San Francisco, CA
    March 14, 2011 1:43 p.m.

@Hugh--good point. Makes me question things. I feel pretty confident in saying that Larry wanted more. But I can't make sense of KOC/Greg. Nevertheless, good point.