Utah Jazz: Love, Beasley lead Timberwolves in rout of Jazz

Comments

• Anonigma Murray, UT
    March 11, 2011 8:54 p.m.

Got my vote for worst game of the season.

• JazzMan Centerville, UT
    March 11, 2011 8:54 p.m.

What a sad game, the Jazz are really bad! I knew they were struggling but this is worse than I ever imagined. Destroyed by the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Nothing on this team even worth watching.

Nice defense Jazz and Nice job KOC!! The Bulls should be really worried(sarcasm)

• goatesnotes Kamas, UT
    March 11, 2011 8:58 p.m.

"Sputtering?" More like conked out.

• 1984 for life Salt Lake City, UT
    March 11, 2011 9:02 p.m.

Gut the team and start all over.

KOC is the man.

• gazelle Murray, UT
    March 11, 2011 9:03 p.m.

Yeah hard to say something positive about that one. Coach has some tough decisions to make. But in the wake of more important things happening in the world it was not the end of my day by any means.

• Pipes Salt Lake City, UT
    March 11, 2011 9:11 p.m.

Embarrassing effort.

• three11stu Saratoga Springs, UT
    March 11, 2011 9:12 p.m.

Was anybody in Utah even watching this game while the Jimmer show was taking place?
    While I love the Jazz, I hope that they miss out on the playoffs, as we will just get knocked out in the 1st round. Get a draft pick, and rebuild.

• ohplease springfield, il
    March 11, 2011 9:34 p.m.

How's that Devin Harris (4 TO's in 20 minutes) tradey-changey thingy workin' out for ya?

• duke5 vancouver, wa
    March 11, 2011 9:36 p.m.

Its time for forget about the Jazz. BYU and Utah State deserve our support. At least they seem to give it their all.

• josemb navotas, philippines
    March 11, 2011 9:40 p.m.

lol. not even a moral victory. 5th worst team in the league destroyed the jazz. oh well. off to chicago then and hope for a moral victory (meaning a loss by less than 5 points). i hope korver and brewer don't drop 50 points combined on us. lol. good thing boozer is sidelined. it would be extremely embarrassing if he goes off to a 30 points 14 rebound game on us. that would make a lot of people look stupid. lol

• NewMexicoUte Albuquerque, NM
    March 11, 2011 9:44 p.m.

Jazz management let Deron Williams probably force Sloan to retire, then trade Williams to save face. Now the team has no superstars and heart! Thanks to Greg Miller and Kevin O'Connor, they will lose money and fan support! What a way to destroy a team.

• Hugh G. Hater SLC, UT
    March 11, 2011 9:56 p.m.

AK= 8 points.
    Bell= 6 points.
    What a bunch of clowns.

• md Smithfield, UT
    March 11, 2011 10:16 p.m.

The wheels have come off.

• GoodGuyGary Houston, TX
    March 11, 2011 10:35 p.m.

AK has expiring contract, and please let Bell go, he is done. Trade away Memo and let's start all over again next season.

• Jazz2Win Provo, UT
    March 11, 2011 11:01 p.m.

Thank goodness for Jimmer and the Cougs. If not for them, I would be highly depressed. For now, I can just pretend the Jazz don't exist. I am trying not to be a fair weather fan, but they are making it very tough for even the most devoted fans. It is the seeming lack of heart that gets to me. Please Jazz...at least look like you care.

• Nevada fan Washoe Valley, NV
    March 11, 2011 11:15 p.m.

Well all I can say is the Jazz looked like the Generals and the Wolves looked like the Globetrotters. Also if it's OK to blame Obama for the recession then it's OK to blame Corbin for the play of the Jazz. I am no expert, but he needs to punish them with box out drills, defending the 3 drills and just basic fundamentals and I mean punish them until they decided to play hard and quit embarrassing themselves and the fans. With that said the only bright spot is Cousin, Evans, Favors, and Hayward. I have been a Fess fan, but him CJ and Bell got to go.

• deno22 Rexburg, ID
    March 11, 2011 11:39 p.m.

They look like the farthest thing from a team ever right now, there is absolutely no team basketball going on out there and that is obviously affecting the defense. Teams have consistently been shooting close to 60% against this team, that is just sad. It seems since Deron left and there is no one to really distribute the ball to everyone goes one on one and we don't have those kinds of players on our team. Hope they can find some kind of heart and pride left to just finish the season strong...so much for playoffs.

• Johnson72 Salt Lake City, UT
    March 11, 2011 11:45 p.m.

The Jazz should hire Stocton and Malone as their strength and condtioning coaches... teach them how to get over the Boozeritus.

• JazzRule Bountiful, UT
    March 12, 2011 12:16 a.m.

Evans, Hayward, and Favors are the future of this team. Harris will be around for a while and I hope he gets his groove back. I don't know about Al, I like him as a scorer, I just don't know if he is a winnder.

Anyway, looking forward to rookie contribution each game. Play em more please, jeez.

• toddfromsantaana Santa Ana, CA
    March 12, 2011 1:11 a.m.

This ship is sinking, the playoffs look over because this team cannot put anything together. Looks like no playoffs for me as I do not care about other teams. When the Jazz have all that effort play a little D for a few minutes and come back to within 2 there is hope. 5 minutes later it is dashed, and maybe 20 later after a 33-9 run it is all over. Losing yet again to the Timberwolves who have a real coaching staff in place. The way it is going in a year or so they will be next to overpass us. I have to say Devon has been disappointing and regressing, I did not realize he was going to be another Ronnie PRice and be out of control on his drives. Aj has played well lately so he gets points for standing up and blaming himself tonight he gets a pass. The others do not save the Rookies who played hard. Bell, Kirilenko and Miles none of them I am elated with. If it was up to me I only brink AK had reduced salary and start cleaning house with some of the more marketable guys left.

• toddfromsantaana Santa Ana, CA
    March 12, 2011 1:14 a.m.

To me, Harris will be here he is likely to get better but needs more time here. Next season Fesenko, (reluctantly), Elson, Millsap, Miles, Bell and Okur should all be looked at for trade bait and AK unless he takes a reduced salary. We need to rebuild with the youth and get more length and a shooting guard. I am ready to move on to next season, besides I have Arena Ball and RSL>

• Iowa Jazz Fan 2 Cedar Rapids, IA
    March 12, 2011 8:38 a.m.

Three things died for me during last night's game:

1. My last dimming hope that this team might make the playoffs.

2. My hope that Fes will ever be a serviceable NBA player. I have liked him from the beginning (and still do). But, three years in now, I have to admit that he is probably a bust. I wonder more and more how much he cares about a career in the NBA. Maybe he would be happier in some other line of work. The talent is there; he can't seem to develop it. For the first time I will understand if the Jazz don't resign him next year.

3. My confidence that CJ will develop into a reliable, night-in, night-out contributer. He just doesn't seem to come through when it matters most (like now, when he is about the only realistic shooting option). He is now on the bubble as I see it. I want to see him succeed as much as I do Fes, but I am now very doubtful.

• Captain L Provo, UT
    March 12, 2011 8:51 a.m.

It is real hard to be positive about how this team is playing, I watched the first half but then switched to the Cougars, saw very little of the second half. The Jazz play little to no defense, I think Minn. made at least there first 10 or 12 shots, no one on the Jazz has enough pride to say OK this isn't going to happen while I'm on the court, it was just terrible effort.
    I did see that Hayward had a decent game, I hope he keeps it up. Favors has a ways to go from what I have seen. I like the little I saw of Cousin. Fes has been frustrating lately.
    It's time to look forward to the draft, I just hope NJ doesn't keep winning and pass Det or others to give us a worst draft pick.
    Barnes, Jones, Jones, Vesely, what does everyone think? What other players does everyone like?
    I'm not sure whether I like Harris or not, too soon to tell, but we may want to look at a pt guard with our second lottery pick.