Real Salt Lake advances in CONCACAF Champions League

Comments

• Not So Fast Salt Lake City, UT
    March 1, 2011 11:40 p.m.

Espindola looked gassed late and I was surprised he didn't come out. But, the team looked sharp. The opposing keeper really kept Columbus in the game. When RSL got it together midway in the 2nd half, they were a killer team. Fun!

• Big Green Tractor Fillmore, UT
    March 2, 2011 12:00 a.m.

AMAZING game tonight! SO glad I was there. They played the game like I know they can play. One word: Fantastic. We DO NOT lose at home! RSL FOR LIFE!

• Steve Jensen Herriman, UT
    March 2, 2011 7:14 a.m.

Nice Win. It would be great if they could win the CONCCAF and being home some more hardware. GO RSL!

• Nussdorfer AC Salt Lake City, UT
    March 2, 2011 8:01 a.m.

Great game, crowd, and performance. By the last half hour, RSL was controlling every part of the game.

• three11stu Saratoga Springs, UT
    March 2, 2011 9:43 a.m.

See you all on the 15th. With a Latin team coming in, the atmosphere at that game will be electric.

• axle Riverton, UT
    March 2, 2011 11:18 a.m.

Altitude should still play a part if Saprissa is our next opponent. That will be fun to add a more international flavor to the next round. I was proud of the fans for showing MLS how it is done when it comes to attending these games.
    MLSnet said that we made Garber a happy man last night. I know I am happy with the result, four clinical goals. Can't believe C-bus still found a way to cry about the 3rd goal, 2-1, 3-1, or 4-1 you still lose the game C-bus.

• iRSLfan Salt Lake City, UT
    March 2, 2011 11:33 a.m.

I am hoping for Saprissa.. Anyone remember when the United States national team came to Rio Tinto? We played Honduras I believe and there must have been 10 thousand Hondurans there. If we play Saprissa it will be much more of a home game for us. On to the semi's we go.

• rudipen Layton, ut
    March 2, 2011 12:45 p.m.

I was worried after the first match with C-bus, however, RSL stepped it up as usual at home. Great crowd from what I could tell on T.V. RSL is fun to watch because of their players and coaches. Love to see that attack!