Utah Jazz: Celtics spoil home debuts of new players

Comments

• Captain L Provo, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 8:19 p.m.

Love how Hayward is busting his behind on defense and driving and being aggressive on offense. He needs to shoot more but I like how he is playing.
    Pierce gets calls because he is an all star, weak calls.

• In My Humble Opinion South Jordan, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 9:35 p.m.

Raja Bell and CJ Miles are disappointments. Oh that we had Matthews on the roster instead of these two.

• statman9 South Jordan, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 9:36 p.m.

Well, I have lost hope for the Jazz, time for all of my focus to go to BYU!

• CocoNutzz Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 9:45 p.m.

Paul Peirce is still open....

I cant stand seeing how manuy bandwagon Celtics fans there are in Utah

• deno22 Rexburg, ID
    Feb. 28, 2011 9:45 p.m.

Man Raja and Miles are struggling, CJ at least used to have on and off games but now he is just plain off. And how long do we have to watch Raja miss shots and stand and watch his guy shoot wide open threes. He just gives up on plays sometimes. Raja needs to hit the gym like Ray Allen does if he wants to get his shot back, without it the Jazz are gonna continue to struggle. 3 points is more than 2 points, and we need some of em.

• forgetyourself Layton, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 9:49 p.m.

Why can we not play Ronnie more? Raja blew that game for us. He is so slow can't shoot what is he really there for? he just stands there on offense and lets the other team have 5 on 4. We need a 3 point threat.

• B Russ Ephraim, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 9:49 p.m.

Jazz fans know basketball. I think most Jazz fans agree that Derrick Favors can play and needs to play more.

• Utes001 Magna, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 9:54 p.m.

Can we officially cash it in on Raja and CJ now? Please? Anyone? Raja was absolutely detrimental to the Jazz on defense tonight. His inability to even pretend to guard Ray Allen was a joke. Hayward as MUCH more effective guarding Allen and I can't fathom why Corbin (inexperience maybe?) went back to him down the stretch. Since we are stuck with Bell he should be coming off the bench, because he is NOT what he used to be as a defender.

Now for Miles. This guy's streaky behavior has got to go and if the Jazz pick up his option they are making a HUGE mistake. Has anyone else noticed that he is even more ineffective and lethargic since the Jazz traded #8 to NJ? I don't think this is a coincidence since the two were/are best friends. As fans it's time for us to move on from ever thinking that CJ will be anything more than what he is and 'what' he is is not beneficial to this team. The Jazz need a legit 6th man and frankly I think it can be Favors with time. Move Hayward into the starting lineup... PLEASE!

• JazzyMan Meadow, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 9:55 p.m.

Statman9,get rid of the instant gratification.These guys gave one hec k of an effort tonight.Boston is the best team in the league in my opinion.Hate to sound like a broken record,but our outside shooting, particularly from three point land is bad.I liked the inside game tonight from Big Al ,Milsap,Kirilenko,and Favors,it wasn't those guys who lost this game.Harris had a good game ,driving the ball into the middle,but even he's a little weak on outside shooting.Bell and CJ ,you guys need to do like ray Allen:every day about four hours before the game,practice that three pointer.Still glad we made the trade though.We have a very young core of guys that will only get better.

• deno22 Rexburg, ID
    Feb. 28, 2011 9:55 p.m.

B Russ, I agree I am surprised he didn't get more minutes tonight...didn't make any mistakes and played very well and is a big body on guys Milsap is too short to guard. And Captain L, Hayward played really good tonight, I wish he would start over Bell. We might as well start building up our young talent so next year we aren't still rebuilding.

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    Feb. 28, 2011 9:59 p.m.

CJ is terrible. They should trade him for a 3rd round pick. Since Dwill left, he is a basket case. I can no longer support his poor play. He is not worth defending at this point. He refuses to play hard and work on his game.

AJ was huge offensively once again. AK looked good offensively too.

Hayward shoots as bad as CJ. So does Bell.

• cactusflats American Fork, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:00 p.m.

The Celtics are the best team in the league. The fact that the Jazz hung around until the end, and could have won with a little more love from the refs, I'm encouraged.

Two minutes left, AK got fouled hard, Rondo grabbed the ball and threw an outlet pass to Ray Allen who immediately sunk a three pointer. Five point swing. Game over. Of course, AK gets fouled a lot but instead of going hard to the hoop like Millsap, he flails his arms around wildly and expects the refs to make the call, which they rarely do. Goodbye AK. You're worth 6M per year, not 17. If the refs don't respect you at this point in your career, they ain't gonna.

• JazzyMan Meadow, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:03 p.m.

Captain,I agree with you about Hayward,at least this game.The main thing about him is he played within the offense and helped make it roll while not committing any ,or very few turnovers. Hayward needs to take it a little stronger to the basket and finish better,which he will with increased age,strength,and playing time. He seems to know alot about where guys are out on the floor at any given time.Big Al especially, is busting butt and trying hard to win games.The Jazz gave them a rough game tonight and they played with intensity.That's the main thing.

• Captain L Provo, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:06 p.m.

Frustrated by how Corbin substitutes, Hayward needed to play more and Bell needed to stay on the bench. Favors could have been given more time too.
    The Refs were terrible and called thing in favor of the Celts all night. Garnett fouled AK and that call really hurt.
    Hopefully the Jazz can come out and play with this kind of intensity in their next game. If they do they should win.
    Loved how Hayward was playing,he needs more time.

• JazzyMan Meadow, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:12 p.m.

I think AK is worth more than 6 million.He's picked up his game since Sloan left. Hope the Jazz can resign him for 8 or 9 mill.Concerning Okur,I doubt the gay is ever going to be much of anything anymore.He's too slow and is a defensive liability. Buit,if he could hit threes like he used to,the Jazz might still have a place for him for limited minutes. Right now I'm for getting Favors into the game at every opportunity

• Anonigma Murray, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:14 p.m.

Great game. The old Jazz from a month ago would've lost this one by 20 easy.
    Favors + Devin Harris >> D Will

The refs made them lose this one.
    AK was fouled in the last minutes of that quarter. The no call led to a Ray Allen 3 and the Celtics never looked back.

Hayward is cutting hard and defending hard that's why CJ didn't get minutes and I agree with Corbin on this one. If Hayward can sweeten his shot, he'll be fine.

Favors is totally better than Fesenko and Elson simply because Favors doesn't make mistakes. Every time Fes is on the floor, he'll make a foul or a mistake on the offensive end. Fes is #12 in NBA at fouls/minutes

• JazzRule Bountiful, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:17 p.m.

I'm in agreement with pretty much everything being said here. Yes, C.J. needs to go and a swingman awesome shooter needs to be drafted/brought in so they respect our outside game. If our inside game is so strong already, can you imagine if they have to respect our outside how that will open up the inside even more?

I do think Hayward needs to be in at the two instead of Bell though guys. I think Bell would work best from the bench. Time will tell if any changes are made at this position this season.

Have to say, the old champs got lots of "respect" from the refs. Al saw this and held his tongue, but you could tell he was pissed. I counted about 10 calls that were garbage, especially Paul the actor Pierces calls.

Anyway, very encouraging. Fix the outside shooting by putting our guys to work on that and in the offseason unload the right people and draft the right people, and they are going to be on the right track.

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:18 p.m.

AJ has played extremely well on offense for the last few games. He was a beast on the boards. He is becoming the new leader of this team.

Corbin did a good job of coaching with a 9 man rotation and played the right players.

Favors played well.

Harris scored well. Both he and Watson could increase assists.

Millsap had a difficult defensive match up. Ditto for Harris and Bell.

Hayward did a decent job of defending Allen with a +- of +15.

AK had a very good game.

The biggest holes on offense were at SG/SF. Bell 1-4, Hayward 1-5 and CJ 1-6. Also 1-7 on 3 pointers (1 by Harris).

Overall the offense did well against a good defensive team.

Rebounds and TOs were pretty even.

There were several bad match ups on D. That needs a lot of work.

Things should improve as Harris gets a better feel for the team and the offense (which has been simplified). Favors is going to be good.

The Jazz may be coming along.

Corbin needs to stay with these 9 players as much as possible. CJ/Bell/Hayward have to improve shooting.

• as186451 Bellevue, WA
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:20 p.m.

Well Coach, what's it gonna be? Keep playing the same ol, same ol? (CJ, Raja) or are you gonna to man up and play some of the new blood? Time to toss Jerry's playbook out the window and be your own man.

Love the effort.

• Dave S Holladay, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:23 p.m.

I don't have much more to add other than agree with all of the posters targeting the poor play of CJ & Raja. Tonight 4 points and 4 rebounds combined in over 40 minutes of play. That is pathetic!! Give me a couple of D-leaguers and they could produce better than that. I do agree it's time to start Hayward. At least he gives max effort when on the floor.

• chase SL Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:24 p.m.

We played hard tonight, thats what I like to see. Big Al is a monster, Favors is the real deal, DH is awesome, Millsap is solid as a rock, Hayword needs 20 lbs.

• Anonigma Murray, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:28 p.m.

@CJ Miles

Whoa, I've never seen anybody that flip-floppy before. Last game you said he was like the best player on the Jazz.
    This game, he should be traded for a 3rd rounder?

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:31 p.m.

I never thought I would do this but I will defend CJ. He is streaky. He has won some games in the past. He is down right now. Give him a week to pull his head together.

The Jazz are going to make some moves at SG/SF. Hayward will probably be an SG if he can learn to shoot. I hope he does do a Ray Allen and hit the gym for 4 hours of bombing. He probably will emerge by next year.

Evans is going to have to adapt to the SF spot but he has talent. He is not needed at PF with Favors in town.

Bell and CJ are struggling. They should pull out of it. Starting Hayward is not a bad idea but he has to shoot better. However, he rebounds and defends.

If Fes wants a contract he has to develop some offensive moves NOW. He is not going to get minutes the rest of the year.

Corbin has simplified the offense and shortened the rotation. He has found what should work. Who plays D will determine minutes as much as anything.

Maybe KOC should dumpster dive for a Shooting SG?

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:33 p.m.

Hayward is not the answer. Sorry but another slow player trying to guard the 2. Another 2 who can not shoot. Hayward will be out of the NBA in 3 years.

• Captain L Provo, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:36 p.m.

Big Al played great on offense, 19 boards is great, 28 pts is great, his defense still needs to improve but like Bugoff said he is showing signs of being the leader. I like what he is showing. CJ is very troublesome. I too like the idea of this 9 man rotation. I am almost as frustrated with Bell as I am with CJ and I would rather see CJ play than Bell is alot of situations. Bell's game is so limited any more. The way Hayward played I would rather see Hayward play than CJ or Bell. At least he is attacking and playing hard. Plus he will just get better. Favors needs more time.

• 1tobeamup Murray, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:40 p.m.

Knicks are waiving Corey Brewer. Maybe the Jazz will buy out Fes and add him. It would be fun cheering for another Brewer running the fast break!

• JazzRule Bountiful, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:44 p.m.

@chase SL

Agree with every bit of your post. And yes, Favors is da read deal. Hayward at the 2 to start please Corbin. Everyone else rocked

• Captain L Provo, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:47 p.m.

I love BYU and Jimmer but I have had my reservations about Jimmers abilities translating to the NBA, but he can shoot and the Jazz need a shooter. I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him but if the Jazz don't make the playoffs and have two lottery picks, the second being around 13 or 14 , I would consider Jimmer at one of those slots. We need a shooter in the worst way.

• B Russ Ephraim, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:53 p.m.

@ Deno22

You nailed it!

• ankleBreaker Sandy, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 10:59 p.m.

We are a Jeff Hornacek and a Bryon Russel away from a serious run.

• duke5 vancouver, wa
    Feb. 28, 2011 11:05 p.m.

We can't expect to win games when AK and Millsap combine for a total of 7 rebounds.

• DRay Roy, UT
    Feb. 28, 2011 11:14 p.m.

Sorry to say the end of the game reminded me of the way professional wrestling is fake, fixed, because there were just too many obvious blown calls that cost the Jazz this game, to wit, the foul on Kirilenko which the ref was in position to see but didn't call, the 3 point shot of Celtics that clearly the camera showed his foot to be over the line, etc. Utah's missed free throws would not have overcome just these two missed calls...how silly of me to waste my time caring about these games, when professional, paid officials poor work is so offensivly bad.

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    Feb. 28, 2011 11:28 p.m.

Hayward will take at least another year to develop. He is has limitations but he sets hard picks (something CJ is not doing) and plays smart and was on effective D. Allen's production dropped with Hayward on him.

Unless KOC can steal a shooter SG someplace then Hayward is all we have until Bell and CJ get their heads together. Both of them can play much better if they decide to.

I think they will man up if for no other reason team leaders will emerge from the DWill vacuum and start to ratchet up the peer pressure.

AJ got a lot of rebounds that AK and Millsap would normally get. He really cranked it up. The AK, AJ, Millsap front line is decent. Having Favors as back up C/PF is gold.

Harris has never been a shooter but he might be able to pick his spots and do some damage. Someone has to hit from the outside.

KOC needs to add a cheap waiver wire or D-league pure shooter.

Anyone know if Okur is making any progress? He would take minutes away from Favors but playing him with Favors may work for a few minutes.

• cactusflats American Fork, UT
    March 1, 2011 12:14 a.m.

D Will was a monster tonight, but NJ lost. Keep losing, Nets. We need that #1 pick. In other news, Favors could be a star in 3 years and AK is still overpaid in Utah.

• Utes Delta, UT
    March 1, 2011 12:18 a.m.

The Jazz never cease to disappoint me.

• concerned jazz fan Park City, UT
    March 1, 2011 12:30 a.m.

a loss is still a loss..another bad shooting by Bell, 26 minutes just two points, then you add up another shooting woes by CJ..How long can Corbin put Bell in the starting line up loading huge minutes but producing nothing? Bell is struggling since the start of the season, maybe it's time to put Bell in the bench, or maybe start him but limit his minutes to 10 to 15 minutes, enough is enough its time for a change!

• In My Humble Opinion South Jordan, UT
    March 1, 2011 12:35 a.m.

Dave S | 10:23 p.m. Feb. 28, 2011
    Holladay, UT
    ----------

A couple of D-leaguers -- best observation of the night.

--------

Corey Brewer is available? He was a defensive beast in college, but .313 from the 3, .263 this year? Not what the Jazz need...

------------

Captain L, higher than 10 and Jimmer is a draft gamble, at 10 or below he'd be more a sure thing than anyone in the draft. That kind of shooter/instant offense doesn't go away and makes everyone on the floor better. With the frontline the Jazz have now, they could cover his defensive weakness.

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    March 1, 2011 1:53 a.m.

I hated the loss but LOVED the effort. The Jazz showed more spunk than I have seen in them in a long time. They pushed the best team in the East for all they were worth.

The Jazz are only a couple of players away becoming a Beast in the Western Conference. Add a great shooting guard to this contingent of players and they'll be hard to beat. Add a decent center and they'll be vying for the Western Conference Championship. It's too late to do much this season but the team's future looks bright.

Favors continues to impress, his demeanor and wide-eyed innocence reminds me of Karl Malone when he first entered the league. The kids a keeper and he will be pushing our other Bigs for all their worth.

Even at this early a date, I'm certain the Jazz next season will likely be saying goodbye to several players as they continue to upgrade the roster. As the William's trade plainly showed, no one is safe if the right trade comes along. However, here are the 5 players that should be worried the most: Fesenko, Okur, Raja, CJ, and Elson.

• toddfromsantaana Santa Ana, CA
    March 1, 2011 2:01 a.m.

A nice effort. Unlike most of you, though what matters is World Championships, not looking better. It is sad people in the state just accept poor play. This team has lost 16 of 21. I like Harris and Favors they had good games. The Jazz tonight are in danger of missing the playoffs dropping 1 game back of Memphis, now 1/2 back of Phoenix. All of a sudden Houston is only 2 ahead of the Jazz.

I cannot believe CJ was that honest on his postings about his favorite player. Good man that you saw the light. CJ was awful. He had 1 nice steal, but he fires a 3 again for his first shot just coming in to the game.

He and Bell killed the Jazz. AK I get on, but he actually played d and had hand in face of shooters who still made them. AJ had good game offensively, but still got exposed by Rondo going by everyone and getting little help.

What again is a major difference that ruined a good effort:

3 pointers again:

Boston outscored Jazz by 18 here.

Raja just let Ray Allen shoot 3s and how no one defended Pierce 3?

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    March 1, 2011 2:10 a.m.

I wonder what will happen...if Ante Tomic comes in...and we Favors develops into a player that can be the anchor of a franchise...and what if we get Harrison Barnes on the draft...i hope...Favors gets the start and let's try to trade Millsap for cleveland's first round pick...lol...

@Anonigma

there hasnt been a third round in the draft ever since the early days...it only lasts till the second round...

@CJ Miles

is that sarcasm?

• josemb navotas, philippines
    March 1, 2011 2:12 a.m.

as expected, we lost. and pleaseeeee no "moral victory" non-sense from any player or coach. a loss is a loss! they always say "we played great but just didn't get over the hump" or something. fact is; we've been losing for sometime now. i hope the players and the coach would get mad, feel bad, feel angry at all the losing. they really should hate losing. otherwise we'll just hear all those worn out excuses for losing games over and over again.

• Ak Fan Hamburg, GE
    March 1, 2011 2:36 a.m.

Good game bad loss. Bell is total loss cut him, Hayward still need time. Favor is very good young player very smart just like Harpring said he will be 'Olajuwon'. Rotation is shaky match up issue. CJ not committing fully ? maybe he wants to out too.
    Harris defense isn't better than Derons for now. I said before Ty need better game management so far Jerry's preset rotation by time.

• scalman Temecula, CA
    March 1, 2011 5:28 a.m.

Harris said team played great offensively...well, I liked how AK and Hayword were continually moving without the ball, but others were standing around too much. Milsap must have at least one hurt hand the way he keeps missing open shots. Favors needs to play more, Hayward needs to play more. Good effort all-around though...Jazz should try and emulate how teams like the Celtics get a man open so well. NO reason Jefferson needs to play so many minutes. Fes needs to play.

• Fan WVC Salt Lake City, UT
    March 1, 2011 6:07 a.m.

Enjoyed the comments from the posters.Not to much negativity.There was a lot of effort tonight. Just think if they don't make playoffs. Two first round picks. To bad this is predicted as a bad draft. Maybe one or two Diamonds in the rough. Resign AK,Trade CJ and Jeremy learn the 3spot. Draft a SG and SF and let go of Fes and bring over Tomic.

• md Smithfield, UT
    March 1, 2011 6:48 a.m.

Give Price more time. CJ is ok, but I think Price has more heart.
    Play Favors and Hayward.
    Sit Bell.

Guard the 3!

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    March 1, 2011 7:08 a.m.

@Todd This season is set. It can only lay the foundation for a championship in the future.

The Jazz have 2 very promising bigs to build around in AJ and Favors. AJ is finally running the offense (at least the simplified version). He is making good cuts, he is setting picks and is near the rim and quickly attacking (Thank Corbin for that).

Favors will make people forget about DWill in the long run. He also plays D.

The new Greg attitude toward making necessary changes instead of continuity should also give you some hope.

Harris and Millsap are good players. They can also be traded if necessary for more picks etc at the right time.

AK's salary will reduce. Okur will be expiring. That frees up a lot of resources.

The new CBA may have a harder cap which may give help to the smaller market teams.

Corbin seems to be figuring out who not to play. I expect him to keep improving.

The only hope for this season is for the SGs to decide to play better and start shooting like they did early in the year.

A lotto pick is the alternative.

• redcliffs Ivins, Utah
    March 1, 2011 7:09 a.m.

If the Jazz can't make a run in the playoffs this year I would rather see them miss the playoffs. This will allow them to keep their own draft pick this year and combined with the New Jersey pick we will have 2 lottery picks to use to start rebuilding the team. If we make the playoffs at best we end up with a 7th or 8th seed and end up losing to the Lake Show or Spurs in 4 or 5 games (ane we also lose our own 1st round pick this season). I know Corbin doesn't get paid to lose games but I see the best future for the Jazz by spending the rest of the season integrating Harris and Favors and developing Hayward and Evans (remember Evans anyone). That means giving all these guys more time on the floor. That might not translate into as many wins this season but I think if helps make the Jazz better down the road. The Jazz have some pieces and can get better but I think trying to make the playoffs at the expense of developing our young players will slow down the rebuilding process.

• Real Bass Idaho Falls, ID
    March 1, 2011 8:07 a.m.

This team cqan be good! Give them some time together.

• Doug10 Roosevelt, UT
    March 1, 2011 8:11 a.m.

The season is 2/3 rds complete and Bell is still waiting for his shot to return, CJ remains streaky with more no shows than should be allowed. Jazz need to hire a shooting coach as Hornacek has ruined everybody's shot who has come to Utah to play.

The plays Utah runs should make it easy for Harris to get 12-15 assists each night.

Okur should retire.

Is fun to see the Jazz running again though, and these losses hopefully will improve the team although it would be much easier to see them win.

• JP Chandler, AZ
    March 1, 2011 8:17 a.m.

@redcliffs
    Why do the Jazz lose their pick this season if they aren't a lotto team? Did they trade it away with protection under 14? If so, they're better letting it go in a shallow draft year. If not, they'll only be picking a spot or two lower than they would if they were in the lottery, and they get playoff experience.

• Hugh G. Hater SLC, UT
    March 1, 2011 8:29 a.m.

Raja is not starter material!

BigAl is awesome.

• Vince the boonies, mexico
    March 1, 2011 8:30 a.m.

Solid effort, just a couple missed free throws, an emotional error, and a couple of late mistakes against probaly the best team in the NBA was the difference. This off season will pay "big" dividends. Players like Hayward, Evans, Favors and maybe Tomic can bulk up, work on their conditioning, shots and we will be right there. Unlike Boston we have age working for us now and they all look like keepers! I'm excited about the future. I can accept defeat if the effort was there, keep working men.

• Jazz-Nation Lehi, UT
    March 1, 2011 8:54 a.m.

I liked the tempo and the effort but, we are a shooting guard away from being able to win a playoff series let alone make the playoffs. Big Al and Harris played out of their minds! Harris would have had at least ten assist if guys could finish. Keep working hard, focus on free throws, don't give up!

GO JAZZ!

• Kyle loves BYU/Jazz Provo, UT
    March 1, 2011 8:59 a.m.

Yes JP they traded it to Minnesota in the Big Al trade. Supposedly it is lottery protected. I agree with the earlier post that Jimmer would be a good second pick if the Jazz end up having one.

I would love to get Harrison Barnes or another athletic wing with the Nets pick and get Jimmer with the our pick that would probably be in the 12-14 range. Jimmer would be a great 6th man and bring some perimeter scoring which is something this team needs really bad. I think he could be a Jason Terry, Jamal Crawford kind of lift of the bench.

• redcliffs Ivins, Utah
    March 1, 2011 9:09 a.m.

Yeah JP, Kyle is correct that Minnesota has the Jazz first round pick this year but only if it is not a lottery pick. If the Jazz don't make the playoffs they will get to keep their pick this year and then I think Minnesota will get the Jazz pick next year regardless of where it falls

• fan29 Orem, UT
    March 1, 2011 9:15 a.m.

Matt Harping comment at the end of the game. Good Teams Find Ways To Win, Bad Teams Find Ways To Lose. The Jazz and Media People can spin it all they want, this is a Bad Team and trading a all-star guard wasn't the answer. If KOC had gone out and brought in some talent last summer the Jazz would not have lost D Will and still been in the playoff hunt this year!!!

• Johnson72 Salt Lake City, UT
    March 1, 2011 9:35 a.m.

Did Spazz fans expect anything else? Boston is a good team Utah is not, I just love hearing the Spazz fans cry and whine when the Spazz lose at home.. Let's loose some more games at home this year Spazz!!!

• Hugh G. Hater SLC, UT
    March 1, 2011 9:50 a.m.

fan29-
    AMEN.

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    March 1, 2011 10:16 a.m.

Kakashi.....No sarcasm. CJ hasn't been able to recover from the trade of his buddy Dwill. He is playing terrible right now. He is a headcase.

But the bigger issue is why does Corbin continue to play Bell? What a waste of minutes. I would rather see CJ play 40 minutes than Bell play 30 minutes.

• JazzRule Bountiful, UT
    March 1, 2011 10:42 a.m.

Makes me laugh how many trolls we have here. Spazz Fans. So original...

• JP Chandler, AZ
    March 1, 2011 11:26 a.m.

@fan29, Hugh G,
    You seem to have forgotten that the Jazz picked up Big Al in the off season.

• gazelle Murray, UT
    March 1, 2011 11:37 a.m.

Fan29 , enjoy looking in the rear view mirror. I understand your obvious need for instant gratification but your going to have to wait a bit. Deron was not the answer and it had nothing to do with his physical abilities. Everybody and their dog knows that..

I thought the guys played great lastnight. The game was really fun to watch win or lose. I agree with most everyone the 2 guard position is a big gapping hole. GUESS KEVIN SHOULD GO OUT AND GET ONE !! Naw just kidding. I am not so simple minded that I would ever think it could be that easy...

Favors is the man. I mean that is going to take care of itself as far as his playing time goes.

• evanston Evanston, WY
    March 1, 2011 11:56 a.m.

Bell and CJ miles are just horrible.

• Pavalova Surfers Paradise, AU
    March 1, 2011 12:00 p.m.

With the line up on the court at the end of the game, we didn't have any 3pt threats on the offensive end. Liked the hustle and heart shown, but the game was lost beyond the arc in the final minutes. Where's that player(s) for this squad at crunchtime?

• kallen001 Harrisville, UT
    March 1, 2011 12:20 p.m.

CJ is the most fragile-minded player I have ever seen. He is obviously pouting about D-Will being traded. He always hangs his head and acts suprised when he gets a foul called on him for his lazy defense (always reaches in).

PS, CJ is skinny-fat, Pierce was posting him up all night because he knows CJ is made of cookie dough.

• Old Timer the boonies, mexico
    March 1, 2011 12:28 p.m.

Hopefully coach Corbin can get to his son's game wed. and support his play. I can't imagine raising a son or daughter and watching them succeed and not being able to watch the success. I'm afraid I would be missing in action! Good luck Terrell.

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    March 1, 2011 1:32 p.m.

I like this team much more than the Jazz team from 2 weeks ago. I think they will be fine and will make the playoffs this year. Give them another week and they will be winning most of their games. In month they will be sitting at a 6 or 7 seed. They may not make a deep run this year but by the time the roster is solidified next fall, they will be a very good team again. We are spoiled because of the many years of success the Jazz have had. Other teams have had 20+ years of losing. We have a lottery pick this year, 2 if things go south. These could be used to draft good players or to trade for players that will make us better. If this hiccup of a season is the worst we see, we are truly fortunate.

• LAJazzFan Stevenson Ranch, CA
    March 1, 2011 2:42 p.m.

Reason for loss- simple. 20% shooting from three of your wings doesn't cut it. CJ, Bell and Hayward were a combined 0% for their 3 pt attempts and the Jazz as a whole were 14% 3pt shooting for night.

If the Jazz don't pick up a d-league or a recently let bought out shooter from another team, it proves that they are not gunning for the playoffs at all this year. Unfortunately, the worst draft year in memory and the Jazz could have 2 lottery slots.

On the bright side, the frontcourt is looking strong.

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    March 1, 2011 2:58 p.m.

Kevin Kruger is available in Orem. He can shoot, pass and plays no defense. He would fit right in.........

• Jazz-Nation Lehi, UT
    March 1, 2011 3:23 p.m.

I truly think that Milsap should be coming off the bench and we should start Favors at Center. Bell is horrible, and CJ is as cold as can be. If Milsap is clicking and hitting, leave him in the game. We won a lot of games with Milsap coming off the bench in the past.

• forgetyourself Layton, UT
    March 1, 2011 3:37 p.m.

I think the Jazz should go after a D-league man or Corey Brewer. We have to do some thing for our poor shooting. Lock up the wing guys up with Jeff till they can shoot.

• Sokol Las Vegas, NM
    March 1, 2011 3:46 p.m.

My sister in 8th grade can hit more three point shots than KOC's ineffectual choices for players, who actually have an ability to hit the 3...Korver was our man, but he is gone..

• LAJazzFan Stevenson Ranch, CA
    March 1, 2011 3:46 p.m.

@CJ Miles- unfortunately, anyone who can shoot does not "fit right in", although you got the plays no defense part right.

I honestly can't remember a single shot beyond 15 feet last night that anyone hit, even if there wasn't a defender within 5 feet- they still missed!!

• JazzRule Bountiful, UT
    March 1, 2011 8:29 p.m.

@Sokol

If they were interested in Corey Brewer, that kinda tells me they are unhappy with Korver. Am I way off?

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    March 1, 2011 11:05 p.m.

@CJ

i agree...with you...bell isnt the player he once was...would rather have the Thompson kid...the jazz should have given him a shot...he is young and hungry...i sure hope...that we get a quality pick next year...hoping we get Harrison Barnes

• Mitchell_12 Ogden, UT
    March 2, 2011 5:48 a.m.

Corbin it's time to make your own decisions now... Sub when you need to and not when the clock says so, call time outs when your team starts to lose the lead not when you already lost it, and one last thing let your rookies develop! Favors and Hayword could be an great combo if you let them play together.