Utah Utes basketball invades 'the Pit'

Comments

• Ufan Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 19, 2011 8:41 a.m.

"I thought we did a good job of taking care of the ball," Boylen said. "I thought we had great shots on goal."

11 turnovers and 52% shooting is great; now if the Utes could only get an occassional assist; 7 assists was actually lower than our 337th in the nation average of 9.8 apg.

• Cougs4Life Gilbert, AZ
    Feb. 19, 2011 8:44 a.m.

I don't think that the Utes are "invading" anywhere this year...

• Y4LYFE Lubbock, TX
    Feb. 19, 2011 9:06 a.m.

@Cougs4lYfe

"Invade" from the perspective of the ute germ. Often misconstrued as fungi found in severe humid places such as an arm "pit".

• cougar76 Provo, UT
    Feb. 19, 2011 10:19 a.m.

What time does this massacre begin? I don't want to miss it.

• Where's Stockton ??? Bowling Green, OH
    Feb. 19, 2011 10:24 a.m.

What embarassment to see zoobies acting that way. This Cougar simply just wishes you uteys good luck...you're going to need it. I actully hope you do win this game...as unusual as that is.

Scoobie

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Feb. 19, 2011 11:27 a.m.

Utesies get thrashed in the Pit.

• Jordan Lynchburg, VA
    Feb. 19, 2011 11:55 a.m.

Thanks for the well wished Scoobie, that shows class. Otherwise, I just have to say go Utes, let's surprise a few people a beat them at their tough home court!

• Cali Coug Visalia, CA
    Feb. 19, 2011 4:39 p.m.

The u could win tonight.

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Feb. 19, 2011 8:47 p.m.

C'mon Chris B and Hedgie, where are you trolls? Nowhere to be found on a Utesie article. You are truly pathetic. and by the way, the Utesies are being thrashed in the Pit. Yet another loss, while BYU just keeps winning and looking ahead to great tourney run, which I KNOW you both will be tuned in for every minute.

• Jordan Lynchburg, VA
    Feb. 19, 2011 9:26 p.m.

jarka-rus, it is time to eat your words man. Please own up. The Utes just won the game, which by your book was impossible! This is a quality win for a struggling team, without their leading scorer! I'm proud of our boys for fighting hard! And for BYU, congrats on doing what you needed to do! But no matter what, go Utes!!!!

• Cold Ute West Valley City, Utah
    Feb. 19, 2011 9:45 p.m.

For all of the Y fans posting - yes this year has been less and successful, however a 62 to 60 win in the pit is good enough for me! BYU did not even win in the pit this year! At least we got one BYU could not.

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Feb. 19, 2011 9:54 p.m.

Cali Coug, the lone reasonable voice from the Cougs on this board.

Ya'll call out Chris B and Hedgie as trolls then come on here and make silly comments.

Without their leading scorer and rebounder, the Utes still found a way. My guess is that you'll be no where to be found....