1 BYU footballer in Pro Bowl

Comments

• Johnson72 Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 27, 2011 2:15 p.m.

Oh wow... alert the media!

• DC Alexandria, VA
    Jan. 27, 2011 3:36 p.m.

I served a mission with him in NJ. I'll take my credit in getting him where he is today.

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    Jan. 27, 2011 4:30 p.m.

hmmmmm, BYU pro bowl player hmmmm, let me guess what would be the most un athletic position besides a kicker, hmmmmmm, let me see.

How about a long snapper! YES!

• UU32 Bountiful, UT
    Jan. 27, 2011 4:44 p.m.

He's been in the NFL for 6 years, so he gets the NFL pension - set for life. Not too shabby.

Congrats to Haloti also for making another pro-bowl. The man is a beast.

• 3grandslams Iowa City, IA
    Jan. 27, 2011 7:02 p.m.

Actually there are two BYU players in the Pro-Bowl, the other one happens to be playing in the SuperBowl.

• cougar76 Provo, UT
    Jan. 27, 2011 8:51 p.m.

Yea, he's a long snapper. Not the first player to do whatever he has to to stick with a team. Could be worse...he could be the long snapper for a perennial loser like Carolina.

• Samwise Provo, UT
    Jan. 27, 2011 9:07 p.m.

I served my mission in the Florida Fort Lauderdale mission (which includes Miami) and John Denney was in my ward. I was there mostly during football season, so I didn't see him a whole lot, but from my interactions with him he seemed like a really awesome guy. He and his wife had us over for dinner once. Congrats to him on going to the Pro Bowl. "Un athletic" position or not, it is an important position. And he is going to the Pro Bowl, which not very many players can say.

• c-dog Murray, UT
    Jan. 28, 2011 10:25 a.m.

Austin Collie would've been there if he did'nt get injured.

• cougar76 Provo, UT
    Jan. 28, 2011 12:16 p.m.

c-dog, you're right. BYU-3, newts-1, aggies-1. Its not who you sign, its what you do with those you sign.

• Wally West SLC, UT
    Jan. 28, 2011 2:40 p.m.

re: Samwise | 9:07 p.m. Jan. 27, 2011

The special teams coverage for the Dolphins (My favorite team) wasn't good this yr but Carpenter (PK) & Denney were.

Des News; You should be ashamed. I have not seen any mention of Koa Misi being named to the all rookie team. Of course, he went to the U like 2 other important contributors the Miami's D... Sean Smith & Paul Soliai.