Utah Utes basketball notebook: Bye week comes at good time for Utes

Comments

• Just the FAX Olympus Cove, Utah
    Jan. 24, 2011 10:28 p.m.

"Boylen considers 12 "kind of a magic number." The number, he explained, is reached by winning all eight home games and splitting the road contests."

Sitting at 3-3, Utah would have to go 9-1 the rest of the season in order to get to 12-4 in the MWC.

Gotta love the positive outlook, but Boylen is crazier than a loon if he thinks the Utes are going to only lose one more game playing at SDSU, at BYU, at NM, at CSU and at UNLV, with home games against UNLV and CSU thrown in.

The Utes will be lucky to win one of those games.

• Veritas Aequitas Fruit Heights, UT
    Jan. 24, 2011 10:37 p.m.

Just the FAX | 10:28 p.m. Jan. 24, 2011
    Olympus Cove, Utah

===
    Don't worry Uteology, I'll take this for you...

See, 12 means this year the numbers 1 and 2... 1-2 against Wyoming, if Utah somehow matches up against Wyoming somewhere in the MWC tourney...

Yea, that's the ticket.

Your welcome, Uteology.

• UoU 1991 Park City, UT
    Jan. 24, 2011 10:39 p.m.

It's nice to have goals, but I have to agree with FAX, 8-4 is completely unrealistic.

CSU at home on Saturday is the only opponent Boylen should even be thinking about.

Unless he's planning on suiting up the 1960-61 Utes, Colorado State will be more than enough for Boylen's current team to handle.

• ute-chute Beverly Hills, CA
    Jan. 24, 2011 10:43 p.m.

Is there any way to start the guys in the picture against CSU?

It's not UNM, Wyoming, or TCU.

We need a shot.

• utahcountyute Cedar Hills, UT
    Jan. 25, 2011 8:36 a.m.

Billy Mcgill in his prime would be nice to have right now for sure but so would a miriad of other past Ute greats.

I would love to see the Utes take it to CSU and win out at home. Will be a test though. UNLV on the road is completely doable. I mean, the Utes crushed NM who barely got beat by UNLV at home.

Finishing 16-14 is totally possible for this team. I know I will hear it from the haters, but I do "like these guys" as Boylen says and think they are finally coming together. It may be a bit late in this season but I'll take it at this point. Progress is progress.

Go Utes and keep coaching Jimmy!

• pocyUte2 Pocatello, Id
    Jan. 25, 2011 12:53 p.m.

UCU

I like your 16-14. That is a record I would have taken before the season began, and is one that will get them into the CBI, which I think needs to happen, if for no other reason than to get more games under their belt, and more practice time.